Holmes Likely Out For Rest Of Season - MERGED

BlackDynamite

It appears that wide receiver Santonio Holmes will be lost for the rest of the season due to foot (lisfranc) injury suffered during the Jets 34-0 loss Sunday to the San Francisco 49ers:

The Jets will need receivers Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley and tight end Dustin Keller to get/stay healthy and pick up their game to fill the void left by the loss of Holmes.  They may also be in the market for a veteran, although there are slim pickings.

Well, at least according to nfl.com

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000068966/holmes-almost-certainly-out-for-season-with-lisfranc-injury/

"New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes has a Lisfranc injury and is almost certainly out for the year, according to a team source.

The injury is to Holmes' left foot, and it's uncertain whether or not he has a break. Holmes got the opinions of multiple doctors on the injury, and they are comparing notes and should have a final answer for the Jets on Wednesday morning.

Holmes sustained the injury in the fourth quarter of the Jets ' 34-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday."

So after cutting Turner yesterday the Jets are currently going into battle with Chaz "shaky" Schillens, Jeremy "too tall" Kerley, and some guy named after the ape in Every Which Way but Loose?

I see no problem here.

So after cutting Turner yesterday the Jets are currently going into battle with Chaz "shaky" Schillens, Jeremy "too tall" Kerley, and some guy named after the ape in Every Which Way but Loose?

I see no problem here.

Wait we have Gates right ?

Rex : pfft you know that guy runs like a 4.2 40 right ? geez he's one of the fastest WR's Ive seen in all my years coaching, so yeah like geez, and stuff like that, and things

I see no problem here.

Rex does more with less than any other coach ever.

Shouldn't matter.

Rex does more with less than any other coach ever.

Shouldn't matter.

Well I just remembered that Dustin Keller and Dustin Kellers helmet should be back Monday so that provides 2 new targets for Mark.

In fact I'm going to make an early prediction that the helmet is next weeks leading receiver.

Holmes was playing in a way where not sure if any QB could trust throwing ball to him. He gave up on routes, never ran the hot routes when a blitz was coming and dropped way too many balls. But he is Holmes on a no big name offense so he got a certain number of balls thrown his way.

Maybe now that we have a no BIG egos offense the unit might come together and play as a unit.

Now all we need is Nick Mangold, Brick, and Howard out for the season and we got the number one pick in the bag

While I don't doubt the Jets' ability to lose the remainder of their games, unfortunately, that would also require the Browns to win not just one, but two games. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Who the hell loves, prays for, and supports this clown?

Time does not heal vaginal warts, herpes, or CANCERS.

i was wondering if there would be any remorse from the fans in this forum for bashing this dude relentlessly for fumbling while his foot exploded.

I guess that is another for the wishful thinking file.

One of the biggest pussy moves I've ever seen.

Why wasn't there the same threads about Dedrick Epps fumbling when his knee exploded? that fumble hurt way worse.

when guys suffer season ending (career ending?) injuries, fumbles tend to occur. I'm fairly sure we the fans know this.

People just hate Holmes for various reasons.

i was wondering if there would be any remorse from the fans in this forum for bashing this dude relentlessly for fumbling while his foot exploded.

I guess that is another for the wishful thinking file.

should have never lost control of the ball. unless he was shot or shanked. then i would understand. but his widdle foot hurty?? **** him

Archived