Kellen Winslow Jr to try out with Jets (merged)

GangisGreen

Hot off the Twitosphere- 

Moments ago Kellen Winslow Jr., former Bucs TE tweeted "J - E - T - S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!"

If this the paperwork is signed and this is actually happening, I like this move.

He's older and has lost a step, but he's got good hands and is an upgrade from Cumberland.

Thoughts?

Did the Jets sign him?  Below was on his twitter account. have not heard or seen anything else connecting us to him.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

That's because Idzik is a freaking ninja. We are too used to Tanny bumbling around knocking things over to sign a terrible vet for way more than he's worth.

I just started the same thread at the same time lmao. 

his injuries have been chronic. It's another one of those low cost, high risk signings, where the player may or may not be healthy. See Garrard, David. 

Guidance for the young TEs is priceless right about now. But we'll gladly pay a little more than the veteran's minimum. 

The is where Kellen Winslow Jr.'s career is at this point; he's trying out for the NY Jets.

We are now at the point where we take the fact that a player is willing to join us as conclusive evidence that he is not worth having.

We're the Woody Allen of football teams.

I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.

-Woody Allen

http://quotationsbook.com/quote/7016/#sthash.SWBVwRiP.dpbs

We are now at the point where we take the fact that a player is willing to join us as conclusive evidence that he is not worth having.

We're the Woody Allen of football teams.

http://quotationsbook.com/quote/7016/#sthash.SWBVwRiP.dpbs

Woody stole that one from Groucho.

Anyway, just saying that the Winslow signing probably isn't anything to get too excited about. He's been on the market for a long time, and now he's trying out for a team that has Jeff Cumberland and a guy who put on a football helmet for the first time last year as its top two TEs. He may not be that 70 catch/800 yard guy anymore.

Woody stole that one from Groucho.

Anyway, just saying that the Winslow signing probably isn't anything to get too excited about. He's been on the market for a long time, and now he's trying out for a team that has Jeff Cumberland and a guy who put on a football helmet for the first time last year as its top two TEs. He may not be that 70 catch/800 yard guy anymore.

I agree.  But taking players who were good just a couple of years ago and hoping they have a career renaissance sometimes works.  Look how well LaDainian Tomlinson worked out for us in a limited role for a couple of years.

Archived