Matt Simms enthusiastically named the #2 quarterback

T0mShane

So if Simms was named #2 today, who was #2 the first 4 weeks? Serious question.

I think he was the default #2, with Quinn still being given the opportunity to take it away. And now, I'd guess that Quinn has lost.

So if Simms was named #2 today, who was #2 the first 4 weeks? Serious question.

I suspect Rex is planning on Gillooly ing Smith, and doesn't want there to be any confusion who the back up is.

Either that or T0m make it all up because he was bored

I suspect Rex is planning on Gillooly ing Smith, and doesn't want there to be any confusion who the back up is.

Either that or T0m make it all up because he was bored

Noooo, I saw a flood of beat guy tweets go by with Mornhinweg praising Simms and saying he "earned it," as well as Rex discussing it while answering a question about only dressing two QBs this week. I assumed there'd be an article up by now.

Noooo, I saw a flood of beat guy tweets go by with Mornhinweg praising Simms and saying he "earned it," as well as Rex discussing it while answering a question about only dressing two QBs this week. I assumed there'd be an article up by now.

Since I accused you I thought I would defuse the angry mob before they got to your house with torches and pitch forks

0f0fb36c3f0e930dadf2a9ff65f253ba_normal.
"Matt earned this thing," Mornhinweg said of naming Simms the No. 2 QB. Said Simms has a lot of confidence from team and staff. #Jets #NFL
3h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Since I accused you I thought I would defuse the angry mob before they got to your house with torches and pitch forks

"Matt earned this thing," Mornhinweg said of naming Simms the No. 2 QB. Said Simms has a lot of confidence from team and staff. #Jets #NFL
3h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Somebody oughta tell Marty to relax.  That kind of over the top enthusiasm could lead to high blood pressure.

Do you honestly believe any of that?

correct. Simms got a gun of an arm and is accurate and outperformed all our qbs during preseason whether he was playing the backups or not.  Spadola has shown nothing other than that he can play......and Geno truly would make a great back up QB if he can't succeed as a starter.  

Now would be the best time to insert Simms...at least, from a PR standpoint. The backlash would be next to nothing considering half the league has a QB with less than 3 years experience.  Of those (16) teams, half have already had to play more than one QB under center this year.  So, 25% of the teams in the NFL this year have had a change at QB before the end of week-5. 

First year Rookies:

NYJ--Geno Smith

BUF--EJ Manuel, or Jeff Tuel

TB--Mike Glennon

Second year QBs:

PHI--Nick Foles; not the "starter", yet, but was a camp favorite, and has seen playing time outside of August (late in the game against Denver, last week).

WAS-- Robert Griffin III

SEA--Russell Wilson

MIA--Ryan Tannehill

CLE--Brandon Weeden.  Hoyer seems like a second year player because he saw starting time in Arizona last year, but he's actually been in the NFL for five seasons (NE). 

IND--Andrew Luck

Third year QBs:

MIN--Christian Ponder

CAR--Cam Newton

SF--Kaepernick is in his 3rd year, but I'd put him in the redshirt sophmore category.

CIN--Andy Dalton 

TEN--Jake Locker 

JAX--Blaine Gabbert

OAK--Terrelle Pryor 

3h
Beat Writer / Columnist

Are you confusing the angry mob with the KKK rally Shane was hosting at his house?? :winking0001:

correct. Simms got a gun of an arm and is accurate and outperformed all our qbs during preseason whether he was playing the backups or not.  Spadola has shown nothing other than that he can play......and Geno truly would make a great back up QB if he can't succeed as a starter.  

Disregarding the Cult Of Simms stuff, Spadola has shown that he can drop passes and hasn't supplanted the immortal Clyde Gates on the depth chart.  It would be a nice story if he works out and we could certainly use some capable receivers, but the confidence that people have in these 3rd and 4th string UDFAs is bizarre. 

Disregarding the Cult Of Simms stuff, Spadola has shown that he can drop passes and hasn't supplanted the immortal Clyde Gates on the depth chart. It would be a nice story if he works out and we could certainly use some capable receivers, but the confidence that people have in these 3rd and 4th string UDFAs is bizarre.

Simms + Spadola = CHAMPIONSHIP-CALIBER GRITGASM

brady quinn is the absolute worst. people give Geno alot of crap and everyone gives Mark crap. Those guys are awesome compared to Brady Quinn

Brady Quinn not being able to beat out Matt Simms for the # 2 job here will somehow be engraved on Quinn's tomb stone.

2 more turnovers in Atlanta, and the trap door should open

Pretty much.  This game will say a lot about Geno's future in the NFL and  will be a testament to what the guy is made of.  If he comes out and performs well and protects the ball win or lose you have to be somewhat impressed with him as a rookie.  If he comes out and self destructs you almost have to move away from him.  Least I thinks so. 

Pretty much.  This game will say a lot about Geno's future in the NFL and  will be a testament to what the guy is made of.  If he comes out and performs well and protects the ball win or lose you have to be somewhat impressed with him as a rookie.  If he comes out and self destructs you almost have to move away from him.  Least I thinks so. 

yup.  going on the road on MNF to take on the desperate falcons, if he can just keep it to 1 TO, I will be satisfied.  if he runs around with the ball like a loaf of bread, you will lose the team if you keep playing him.  

Archived