Rex Names Smith starter against Fish

flgreen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

serious question is 19-3 a blow out? 

Yes it is because our offense is Horrific. Anything 2 scores + and the game is over for the Jets. This could be as little as 2 field goals. So a 16 point lead is insurmountable for this team. And FWIW our Defense other than the DL and a few LB's stinks as well.

Maybe, but Ducasse is terrible where Walls is more than serviceable. Milliner isn't the better option, right now, considering the back-up. Winters is.

Walls doesnt get on the field because he stinks.

The only reason you care is  because Walls went to ND. Stop.

Walls doesnt get on the field because he stinks.

The only reason you care is  because Walls went to ND. Stop.

Wrong. Walls doesn't get on the field because he was undrafted and Milliner was a 1st rounder. Walls has been the best corner on this team based on PFF ranks. But, yeah, agenda. 

serious question is 19-3 a blow out? 

It was never a game.  The Ravens essentially stopped trying to play offense.  They made decisions based on the fact the jets offense sucked.   So yeah, it was a blow out.

When your offense scores 3 points and pretty much the entire game you can't even get a first down nor put any scare in the opponent that you'll ever score, it doesn't matter how many points the other team scores.   The Jets defense played ok, not great, but it's the only reason it was 19-3.   If the Ravens converted turnovers into TDs, it really would have been lights out.

Sometimes it's not about the score, it's about how bad the team plays.  And Geno and this offense has pretty much sucked all year long.  And they've gotten worse as the season has progressed.

It was never a game.  The Ravens essentially stopped trying to play offense.  They made decisions based on the fact the jets offense sucked.   So yeah, it was a blow out.

When your offense scores 3 points and pretty much the entire game you can't even get a first down nor put any scare in the opponent that you'll ever score, it doesn't matter how many points the other team scores.   The Jets defense played ok, not great, but it's the only reason it was 19-3.   If the Ravens converted turnovers into TDs, it really would have been lights out.

Sometimes it's not about the score, it's about how bad the team plays.  And Geno and this offense has pretty much sucked all year long.  And they've gotten worse as the season has progressed.

Based on the Jets offense this year, as soon as they get down by 2 scores, it is officially a blowout. The fact that they barely put up 10 points in an entire game, makes anytime they are down by 2 scores a virtual blowout. However, After the past 2 weeks, I may have to lower my definition of blowout to being down 6 points or 2 field goals. I almost went 5 points but I do believe the DEFENSE could always get a safety.

Based on the Jets offense this year, as soon as they get down by 2 scores, it is officially a blowout. The fact that they barely put up 10 points in an entire game, makes anytime they are down by 2 scores a virtual blowout. However, After the past 2 weeks, I may have to lower my definition of blowout to being down 6 points or 2 field goals. I almost went 5 points but I do believe the DEFENSE could always get a safety.

I agree.  It was kind of depressing watching the game where the Ravens seemed to rather punt from the Jets 40, then even try and get a few extra yards and a field goal. When the opposing team starts playing like that, you know they are laughing that the Jets offense can't even get a damn field goal.        Like I said in some other post, the Ravens could have scored 6 points and the Jets weren't going to put any fear in that game.   It was that depressing.      It's partially Geno, the OL, the RBs, the WRs, etc but it's also the conservative game plan. I get it was cold, Geno has been terrible, the OL has been awful, and the WRs suck, but at the same time,  try to win the game or something.   It was almost like they'd rather run the wildcat or some form of it and pass over letting Geno throw the ball.      I'd rather he throw 4 picks, but throw 30 times, then barely pass for most of that game.  And it wasn't like their rushing attack was doing anything.

I agree.  It was kind of depressing watching the game where the Ravens seemed to rather punt from the Jets 40, then even try and get a few extra yards and a field goal. When the opposing team starts playing like that, you know they are laughing that the Jets offense can't even get a damn field goal.        Like I said in some other post, the Ravens could have scored 6 points and the Jets weren't going to put any fear in that game.   It was that depressing.      It's partially Geno, the OL, the RBs, the WRs, etc but it's also the conservative game plan. I get it was cold, Geno has been terrible, the OL has been awful, and the WRs suck, but at the same time,  try to win the game or something.   It was almost like they'd rather run the wildcat or some form of it and pass over letting Geno throw the ball.      I'd rather he throw 4 picks, but throw 30 times, then barely pass for most of that game.  And it wasn't like their rushing attack was doing anything.

As I said in another thread, the D-coordinator of the team the Jets are facing each week has the best job in the world for that week, as basically, the game plan to stop the Jets offense at this point in the season is to field 11 healthy bodies, and in reality, I think Geno would struggle if the opposing D showed up with only 10, and thats sad.

Rex is a ******* moron I hope hes long gone next year .I also hope we get a Defensive coordinator who recognizes the fact we should be in a 4-3 defense

No dummy! In order to run a 4-3 you need at least two good DEs and two solid DTs. Better to go with the 3-4. That way one of your young first rounders is always on the bench or playing out of position. It's science. Also, we've wasted way too much time with the offensive line. Only defensive line matters. Offensive lineman are big and clumsy and look dumb. That too, my friend, is science.

first off... everyone who isn't a Jets fan... hates the Jets. these people do not have the best interest of the JEts at heart. 

but Geno.... he's not even making good plays anymore. It's one thing to talk about ups and downs, this kid's ups are so far removed it feels like it was another season. It's all downs, and it's been that way for about 6 weeks. He hasn't thrown a TD since week 7. 

"Figure out exactly who he is" they've had 11 games so far really need another 5? To just flush out how terrible Geno Smith is? I think we can all assume he's horrible and just operate from there.

LOL. I could make the argument that most of the people who ARE Jets fans are idiots. and as much as I love the "Everyone hates the Jets" conspiracy too, I doubt it's an actual conspiracy where people are actively working to keep the Jets from winning the Super Bowl by keeping Geno Smith in.

Yes. He gets the season. THEY AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE. It's not doing any actual harm, except that boohoo! Simms doesn't make an appearance.

I honestly think he'll have a good game and we'll win by more the 10.

In an absolutely meaningless game.  A terrific fake-out that will only succeed in prolonging the agony.  Yeah, keep stretching it out like we did with Sanchez.  QB oblivion deluxe.

It could be worse, we could have traded away a whole draft and set the franchise back to get RG3 - who is about as good as Geno right now.

wrong. RGIII coming off an acl in his second season. He's learning the ropes but ive got no doubt he'll bounce back next season. Theyll use the low draft pick to get him someone to replace moss and help garcon.

wrong. RGIII coming off an acl in his second season. He's learning the ropes but ive got no doubt he'll bounce back next season. Theyll use the low draft pick to get him someone to replace moss and help garcon.

Anyone mentioning RGIII and Geno in the same breath deserves to be flogged.  Then, flogged again.

saw this in the comments on a nypost article. thought it was funny:

Start spreadin your toes
I'm willin to pay
I wanna a be part of it NY, NY
These open toe shoes
They are makin me gay
I want to smell every part of it
NY NY
I want to suckem and lickem even while you sleep
And that'll give me a thrill
I'm really a creep
Steal Geno's shoes
and take them away
I'm gonna worship and sleep with them
In Old NY
If I can wear them there
I'll wear them anywhere
It's Geno's shoe NY New Yorrrrrrrrk

first off... everyone who isn't a Jets fan... hates the Jets. these people do not have the best interest of the JEts at heart. 

but Geno.... he's not even making good plays anymore. It's one thing to talk about ups and downs, this kid's ups are so far removed it feels like it was another season. It's all downs, and it's been that way for about 6 weeks. He hasn't thrown a TD since week 7. 

"Figure out exactly who he is" they've had 11 games so far really need another 5? To just flush out how terrible Geno Smith is? I think we can all assume he's horrible and just operate from there.

They don't trust Smith to throw a pass. The ran the option and wildcat because of that. There's no point to playing Smith if you cannot trust him more than you trust Josh Cribbs to pass.

The real longterm nightmare-Simms decamps across the parking lot or up to Foxboro, teams his dad has relationships with, and becomes something. He has the arm. It will be criminal if this season ends without Ryan finding out what he has in Simms. And if Idizk is dictating one guy plays because he's a 2nd rounder and the other guy doens;t because he's a free agent,he's a moron.

So, basically - I'm wrong because YOU HAZ OPINION TOO!!!

LOL, you've emerged as quite the moron this season. I don't recall you being this big a dope in past years.

Anyone mentioning RGIII and Geno in the same breath deserves to be flogged.  Then, flogged again.

RG3 is doing for the Skins exactly what Geno is for the Jets, he's losing them games with his horrid decision making. He looks like an overwhelmed rookie. So I stand by my statement that it could be worse that we traded away a whole draft to get the same results we have now with Geno, who only cost us a 2nd rounder. 

They don't trust Smith to throw a pass. The ran the option and wildcat because of that. There's no point to playing Smith if you cannot trust him more than you trust Josh Cribbs to pass.

The real longterm nightmare-Simms decamps across the parking lot or up to Foxboro, teams his dad has relationships with, and becomes something. He has the arm. It will be criminal if this season ends without Ryan finding out what he has in Simms. And if Idizk is dictating one guy plays because he's a 2nd rounder and the other guy doens;t because he's a free agent,he's a moron.

Agreed, the bottom line here is that if Simms doesnt get a chance to show what he has before the end of this season then I know for a fact that everyone in this organization is a idiot and should be fired.

Do people honestly believe he even considered Simms? He knew Geno was going to start immediately. Why? Because he's a terrible decision-maker who refuses to bench sh*tty QBs.

Its up to the idiot owner to find out who is making these decisions. That goes for all of the horrible decisions this franchise made this past offseason too. 

Archived