How is it that Matt Simms has a better passer rating than Geno?

CobraVerde

it's not by much but still...it's pretty funny....LOL and apparently on NFL.com nobody knows what he looks like...he a mystery....

Geno Smith 60.4 http://www.nfl.com/player/genosmith/2539335/profile

Matt Simms 63.4 http://www.nfl.com/player/mattsimms/2534889/profile

if nick foles threw 50 ints in a row he would still have a better passer rating than Geno Smith* -just said on PTI

geno smith is the worst qb in jets history

No way.  I still say he's better than Sanchez.  And certainly better than Bubby Brister and Browning Nagle.  I'm sure there are plenty of others as well.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not really defending Geno.  I'm just saying, on relative terms, he's better than those QBs. 

No way.  I still say he's better than Sanchez.  And certainly better than Bubby Brister and Browning Nagle.  I'm sure there are plenty of others as well.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not really defending Geno.  I'm just saying, on relative terms, he's better than those QBs. 

He is worse than all of those guys, by far.

To say he's better than Sanchez is insane right now,...if you think he MAY be better one day fine,.but better now?...not close

sanchez was better than geno has been so far. geno is sitting right there with browning nagle getting ready to throw him down and claim the top spot of jets qb suckage

To say he's better than Sanchez is insane right now,...if you think he MAY be better one day fine,.but better now?...not close

Wow, I think you're forgetting how abominable Sanchez was.  At least Geno has made a difference in a positive way in a few of these games.  Sanchez was always at best a guy who hid behind teammates' performances.  I can't really think of too many games where he made a difference in a positive way.  Geno, like Sanchez, is a turnover machine but at least he made some pretty passes earlier in the season.  I will give both QBs somewhat of a break though for the embarrassingly bad cast they've had to work with.  I still don't think either is any good though. 

You can't possibly be serious....Absolutely not so. Geno is the worst qb I have seen and I have been watching the Jets since 1978. I am willing to say that Kyle Mackey was better.

I don't remember Brooks Bollinger throwing 2-3 INT's per game, but I guess you would have to attempt 2-3 passes a game to actually throw that many, well until Geno, or Sanchez find a way to make that happen!

I don't remember Brooks Bollinger being allowed to play enough to test that theory. 

Wow, I think you're forgetting how abominable Sanchez was.  At least Geno has made a difference in a positive way in a few of these games.  Sanchez was always at best a guy who hid behind teammates' performances.  I can't really think of too many games where he made a difference in a positive way.  Geno, like Sanchez, is a turnover machine but at least he made some pretty passes earlier in the season.  I will give both QBs somewhat of a break though for the embarrassingly bad cast they've had to work with.  I still don't think either is any good though. 

i dont think you realize how bad geno has been...

past 5 games he averages 10 completion per game.

in those games we average 4.9 yds per attempt

he has turned the ball over just about every 5.4 completions

we have gained an average of 10.8 yards per completion

doing the math that means every 58  yards we gained on offense he gives the ball away

and he hasn't thrown a damn touchdown in any of these games!!!!!

this is ******* pitiful. if he were on the dolphins you'd be saying how putrid he is and that he's a ******* scrub. the kid is disgusting to watch

At the beginning of the season, Geno may not have been able to read a defense, but at least his passes were pretty accurate.  There was hope that if he could "get it", we may have a franchise quarterback.  Now his passes are way off the mark and there is no hope at all.

I still can't get over how a guy who played in the spread offense, who never took a snap under center in college, and is playing with this offensive line and these WRs isn't succeeding at this point in his career.

Shocking isn't it?

Even more shocking is that he has clearly gotten worse and regressed in this situation, as if there is actually a mental aspect to the QB position.

so the jets actually found a guy who makes sanchez look viable

but that's not the worst part

the worst part is the veteran back up QB is a sham, he's just a coach and they won't play him no matter what

not that's not it

the actual back up has less experience than genover, so is also a non option

no that's not it

sanchez is our only hope, but he's on IR because he played in the 2nd half of a PS game and got hurt

hahahahahahahahaha

**** me

Get back to me when Geno goes into new england for a divisional playoff game and throws 3tds 0 picks and 100+ qb rating......it's an absurd conversation at this point

geno is terrible at this point, its not because of his recievers, its not because of his situation, hes inaccurate, he stares down receivers, along with a terrible oline and supporting receiver cast thats a recipe for disaster

the way i see it, its like poker, yeah geno doesnt have the best cards (receivers+oline mainly) but does that mean you try and win the hand? no. obviously qbing is a bit different but seriously tho, forcing the ball into vacuum sealed spots (the throw to salas??? wtf were you thinking)  isnt helping anyone, dont make the mistakes and let the blame fall on your wrs, if no one is open take off and run why havent we seen more of this lately,maybe its because the olin is atrocious, nick mangold has played like crap (was just reading on pff he fell to the 4th worst C from 6h best last year) dbrick too, honestly i think austin howard has been most consistent

anyway, 

idk, i just think if he were truly great, some of that greatness would shine through the garbage, and i mean consistently

You guys may want to check Andrew Luck's stats since Reggie Wayne went down. He hasnt completed a pass over 20 yards since then.

Watch Geno magically play better this Sunday with Kerley back.

This team needs WR's. You're not winning in this league without weapons...especially with a rookie QB. You think Brady magically started playing better or was it because Gronk came back along with Vereen?

WHy do you think Matt Cassell looked good in 2008? Because he's good? We know that's not the case.

The fact that the Raiders are ranked 28th against the pass I think won't hurt either

Of course. Geno losing his Mr Dependable and us expecting the same results was never realistic. Kerley led the league in 3rd down conversions prior to getting hurt.

The problem is that Geno is playing worse than his receivers.  It is the situation.  He let it get to him and I don't like the way he has folded up. 

Nor do I, but he still has a full quarter of the season left with a couple of good defenses on the docket in order to regroup and give the franchise a reason to be excited about him again. Not saying whether he will or won't, but if he plays the last four games like he did the first eight or nine, that'll go a long way to building some confidence heading into the off-season.  For the record, I think we'll see the best performance from Geno since the New England win.

Archived