Rex supporters unite

stoicsentry

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmy Carter was a "good" president and I believe he meant well.

But, in terms of leadership, there was a void. The country deserved more.

The Jets deserve more.

Walter Mondale is my candidate for president! ''Stoiscentry 1984''

I think I am as big a Rex fan as there is here and I don't think he necessarily deserves an extension.  First of all, the season isn't over yet and the team is in the toilet and dropping.  They need to keep it together IMO.  Also, as I have been bitching to all those that are complaining about Rex, we know way too little about what goes on behind the scenes.  Is Rex demanding defense constantly or have they gone BAP?  Was Rex content to go for years with no competent backup to Sanchez or were Tannenbaum and Idzik just unable to find one?  Sparano, what the ****?  Somebody that knows the answer to these questions has a much better idea than I do.

i dont know tbh...i was a big rex supporter but he has said some bat sh*t crazy things lately and im not taking it anymore. If he pulls it together and starts making moves then ill give him a chance but if he idly stands by while this ship sinks while regurgitating the same excuses then he has to go...

I think I am as big a Rex fan as there is here and I don't think he necessarily deserves an extension.  First of all, the season isn't over yet and the team is in the toilet and dropping.  They need to keep it together IMO.  Also, as I have been bitching to all those that are complaining about Rex, we know way too little about what goes on behind the scenes.  Is Rex demanding defense constantly or have they gone BAP?  Was Rex content to go for years with no competent backup to Sanchez or were Tannenbaum and Idzik just unable to find one?  Sparano, what the ****?  Somebody that knows the answer to these questions has a much better idea than I do.

This is taking "giving the benefit of the doubt" to insane levels. 

I like Rex. He's done good things here. He's a defensive mastermind.

He's done as the Jets coach. He can't take a team in this NFL to the next level because he doesn't know offense and he has never even tried. The rules aren't written for 10-6 games any more. Points sell tickets and merchandise. You'll see more Manning and Brady jerseys than you will Demario Davis or Wilkersons. Period. It's an offensive league now. He will find success elsewhere as a coordinator but he isn't a HC. Not after this season.

This is taking "giving the benefit of the doubt" to insane levels. 

Is it easy to find another QB?  So many teams, the Jets included, have not been able to find one.  They seemed to try with Stanton and then ended up with Tebow - we have read that was Woody move.  I don't know how much to believe about that.  They tried this year and Geno isn't ready.  You guys all act like Rex is sitting there clapping his hands and saying "Yay!  Sanchez!"  Rex sure didn't cut any decent QBs in his time here. 

Is it easy to find another QB?  So many teams, the Jets included, have not been able to find one.  They seemed to try with Stanton and then ended up with Tebow - we have read that was Woody move.  I don't know how much to believe about that.  They tried this year and Geno isn't ready.  You guys all act like Rex is sitting there clapping his hands and saying "Yay!  Sanchez!"  Rex sure didn't cut any decent QBs in his time here. 

Look at the scrap heaps QB's around the league who are better than anything the Jets have had for 6 years.

3 weeks ago he had the opportunity to stake his claim as a GREAT head coach, we owned the #6 wildcard spot, we had 3 straight games against mediocre teams we'd need to fend off to keep it ... and we lost, in humiliating fashion, in all 3 games.

Any hope I had for Rex proving me wrong is gone.

I like Rex. He's done good things here. He's a defensive mastermind.

He's done as the Jets coach. He can't take a team in this NFL to the next level because he doesn't know offense and he has never even tried. The rules aren't written for 10-6 games any more. Points sell tickets and merchandise. You'll see more Manning and Brady jerseys than you will Demario Davis or Wilkersons. Period. It's an offensive league now. He will find success elsewhere as a coordinator but he isn't a HC. Not after this season.

Pete Carroll earned his stripes as a defensive backs coach and is predominantly a defensive guy. Maybe he learned some things on the college level coaching a semi-pro team against the dredges of the PAC-12, or maybe his brand of running the ball and playing good defense is only working because he found a Russell Wilson. To his credit, he did play Wilson over the newly signed Flynn and that takes some balls. Cudos to him for that, but he and Bevell are running the same style Rex has always wanted to run, they just have the horses to do it. I've said it before, but if you replace Sanchez with Wilson on the '09 and '10 teams and you'd be seeing similar results to what Seattle did last year and the current season.

Hey, cool. While you guys are here, can you help me prove a theory I've been working on? Thanks. After saying "I'm a fan of Rex Ryan," please answer these five questions and leave the paper face down on your desks. Thanks.

1. A special lottery is to be held to select the student who will live in the only deluxe room in a dormitory. There are 100 seniors, 150 juniors, and 200 sophomores who applied. Each senior's name is placed in the lottery 3 times; each junior's name, 2times; and each sophomore's name, 1 time. What is the probability that a senior's name will be chosen?

(A) 1/8

(B.) 2/9

(C.) 2/7

(D) 3/8

(E) 1/2

2. Complete the Sentence: Because King Philip's desire to make Spain the dominant power in sixteenth-century Europe ran counter to Queen Elizabeth's insistence on autonomy for England, ------- was -------.

(A) reconciliation . . assured

(B.) warfare . . avoidable

(C.) ruination . . impossible

(D) conflict . . inevitable

(E) diplomacy . . simple

3. Name the current Speaker of the House.

4. At a recent birthday party there were four mothers and their children. aged 1, 2, 3 and 4. From the clues below can you work out whose child is whose and their relevant ages? It was Jane's child's birthday party. Brian is not the oldest child. Sarah had Anne just over a year ago. Laura's child will be 3 next birthday. Daniel is older than Charlie. Teresa's child is the oldest. Charlie is older than Laura's child.

5. True or False: If Richard looks into a mirror and touches his left ear with his right hand, Richard's image seems to touch its right ear with its left hand.

i dont know tbh...i was a big rex supporter but he has said some bat sh*t crazy things lately and im not taking it anymore. If he pulls it together and starts making moves then ill give him a chance but if he idly stands by while this ship sinks while regurgitating the same excuses then he has to go...

yo uthink general custer ever said.....if those indians take a shot at one of ours we'll take a shot at 2 of theirs??

Hey, cool. While you guys are here, can you help me prove a theory I've been working on? Thanks. After saying "I'm a fan of Rex Ryan," please answer these five questions and leave the paper face down on your desks. Thanks.

1. A special lottery is to be held to select the student who will live in the only deluxe room in a dormitory. There are 100 seniors, 150 juniors, and 200 sophomores who applied. Each senior's name is placed in the lottery 3 times; each junior's name, 2times; and each sophomore's name, 1 time. What is the probability that a senior's name will be chosen?

(A) 1/8

(B.) 2/9

(C.) 2/7

(D) 3/8

(E) 1/2

2. Complete the Sentence: Because King Philip's desire to make Spain the dominant power in sixteenth-century Europe ran counter to Queen Elizabeth's insistence on autonomy for England, ------- was -------.

(E) diplomacy . . simple

4. At a recent birthday party there were four mothers and their children. aged 1, 2, 3 and 4. From the clues below can you work out whose child is whose and their relevant ages? It was Jane's child's birthday party. Brian is not the oldest child. Sarah had Anne just over a year ago. Laura's child will be 3 next birthday. Daniel is older than Charlie. Teresa's child is the oldest. Charlie is older than Laura's child.

5. True or False: If Richard looks into a mirror and touches his left ear with his right hand, Richard's image seems to touch its right ear with its left hand.

lolz what kinda homo would even know this kinda sh*t

Here's a question are you Rex haters actually Patriots fans in disguise? when Rex and the Jets are in trouble you all get wood. It's very lively in here for a team circling the toilet.  

People always say "except for the DL" Rex Ryan is terrible. Substitute the Jets for Rex Ryan and that's this team. a great DL with pretty awful players starting in every other unit. 

I will sign this petition. Rex should stay. His run defense is the only decent part of this team and throwing that away is just being spiteful. this weekend btw is exactly the type of game they win. When everyone thinks they are terrible. 

(A) 1/8

(B.) 2/9

(C.) 2/7

(D) 3/8

(E) 1/2

(E) diplomacy . . simple

OK, I'll do my best VINCE YOUNG.

#1 is 3/8

#2 is conflict is inevitable

#3 is John Boehner

#4 is Sarah/Anne Laura/Brian Jane/Charlie Teresa/Daniel

#5 I dint have a mirror so I will guess FALSE

Did I get better than VINCE on the wonderlick?

P.s. I need to get a life.

(A) 1/8

(B.) 2/9

(C.) 2/7

(D) 3/8

(E) 1/2

(E) diplomacy . . simple

Besides proving that you can use google to find old SAT-prep questions and utilize the copy and paste function, what exactly does this prove other than trying to insinuate those who want Rex to say are somehow intellectually inferior? You used to actually bring forth football analysis, now it just seems you do whatever you can to to paint the Jets' landscape in some sort of magical dichotomous universe where either you think everything Rex does is wrong and you have some special football insight no one else has or you're an idiot, who loves Rex and thinks he's the greatest ever, as if there's no middle ground.  I personally like what Rex brings to the table and would like to see what he could do with even a middle of the road quarterback and offense, but also won't lose any sleep if he's fired. 

Or I could just be all, hey ya'll who want to fire Rex so badly, answer this or your opinion is invalid!!:

You're an emergency room attending, it's your night on call and a 7-week old infant is brought to the hospital at 2am with a 12-day history of coughing and choking spells.  The WBC count is elevated with 80% lymphocytes.The aforementioned child is dsypneic, gasping for breath, experiencing paroxysms of coughing, and has two bouts of emesis while in the examination room. Gram-negative, encapsulated rods grow out on Bordet-Gengou media. Which of the following microorganisms is the likely cause of these symptoms?

1) Bordetella pertussis

2) Haemophilus influenza type b

3) Klebsiella pneumoniae

4) Legionella pneumophila

5) Mycoplasma pneumoniae

or

6) My lack of infectious disease knowledge has no bearing on my opinion about football

Rex has a lot of positives as a head coach, the foremost of which is his ability to motivate his players - most love playing for him. However, his inability to build and run a championship-caliber offense, as well as his bizarre loyalty to certain players that should have been ushered to the door a while ago is too much to overcome. Not getting rid of Santonio Holmes after the 2011 season, when he threw a temper tantrum in the huddle at the end of the season, was a huge mistake. Not benching Sanchez after the 2011 season was also a mistake. Hiring Tony Sporano as an OC was a huge mistake, and not really giving any guidance to young quarterbacks other than to tell them to hand the ball off.

This is simply too much to overcome. I would rather have, at this point, an offensive-minded coach and a good defense coordinator, than the other way around at this point. Rex has to go.

Archived