David Nelson

joewilly12

This kid is a keeper has developed nicely here and seems to work well with Geno Smith.

Kerley Nelson  a free agent  a #1 draft pick and maybe Hill (if he can get his head out of his ass) and I think we have a good WR corp.

I like Nelson as well I think he will make a nice 3 or 4 good for 30-40 catches a year his height will ne nice near the goaline as well\

And who knows maybe he develops into a nice posession guy he is pretty damn young after all

I always thought Nelson was more than serviceable when he played for the Bills.  I think his knee injury really made him expendable.  I like him as a situational possession receiver but certainly not as a 3 down guy.  He is sort of a tweener size and speed wise and if used properly can be a good asset.  I hope they keep him with a fair chance to compete for a roster spot.  He is several notches above the flotsam and jetsam they've run through Florham Park.

This kid is a keeper has developed nicely here and seems to work well with Geno Smith.

Kerley Nelson a free agent a #1 draft pick and maybe Hill (if he can get his head out of his ass) and I think we have a good WR corp.

I agree.

I think if we had a true number one, Kerley and Nelson would be an excellent corp.

This kid is a keeper has developed nicely here and seems to work well with Geno Smith.

Kerley Nelson  a free agent  a #1 draft pick and maybe Hill (if he can get his head out of his ass) and I think we have a good WR corp.

Kerley and Nelson are definitely keepers.  I love that Nelson isn't Patrick Turner.  So much more upside.

They need two other top of the rotation kind of guys in here next year.  None being named Holmes.  You get two new guys (maybe one trade \ FA and one in Round one) and you have Kerley \ Nelson at 3\4.  Hill can come back and battle it out for the 5th spot.

That is where the bar needs to be set.

.Kerley \ Nelson at 3\4.  Hill can come back and battle it out for the 5th spot.

Hill started out nicely for 3 games, went silent, had a good game in Pittsburgh, then tanked completely.  With his size and speed he's worth another look but don't count on him starting at all.

Kerley and Nelson are definitely keepers.  I love that Nelson isn't Patrick Turner.  So much more upside.

They need two other top of the rotation kind of guys in here next year.  None being named Holmes.  You get two new guys (maybe one trade \ FA and one in Round one) and you have Kerley \ Nelson at 3\4.  Hill can come back and battle it out for the 5th spot.

That is where the bar needs to be set.

How quickly you have forgotten the immortal Clyde Gates.

Nelson had a great game, seems to have developed with Geno, if we use a couple

of picks on receivers and one on a tight end I'll be happy, even if I'm ashamed of

our O line, we need to use our picks on playmakers, sorry O line, guess we're stuck

with you another year or 2, maybe campbell and oshi compete for jobs next year,

I'd start both against miami, why not ?

Yes trade, forgot that.

Ivory seems to have gotten stronger as the season progressed.

Agreed.  My opinion of him has changed.  I like what he brings to the table.  I actually really love the Ivory/Powell combo.  I'd be more than happy based on the small sample with saw with Goodson, keeping the same running backs and just addressing the receiving targets.

I want Kerley, Nelson, Hill, a 1st or 2nd round pick and TWO free agent WR's. Run with 6.

Yes, me too.  But I want this in this order on the depth chart:

1)  FA

2) 1st Round Pick

3) Kerley

4) Nelson

5) Hill

6) ???

I use Clyde Gates for failed track star references.  Patrick Turner is my go-to for tall receivers that stink.   :)

For me Clyde Gates is a cookie cutter version of David Clowney. One of those guys that's really fast but not very bright, nor very good when it counts. They LOOK really good in practice shorts in the summer heat, but once it cools down they show themselves to be barely JAG type talent

I use Clyde Gates for failed track star references.  Patrick Turner is my go-to for tall receivers that stink.  :)

I prefer Justin McCareins, as he also encompasses GM failure.

Nelson > Hill as the tall JAG depth WR. Agreed that he and Kerley are the only WRs currently on the roster that deserve to be back next year.

Hill may not deserve it, but he's still a former second round pick, and still has all the measurables that got him drafted in the first place. At the very least, he'll be competing in training camp. His performance then, and who else the Jets bring in at WR, will determine if he's with the team opening day. Idzik obviously has no ties to him, and Rex didn't want him in the first place.

Oh don't get me wrong - Hill should be on next year's roster. I just want him further down on the depth chart. If he was an off the street pickup like Nelson then he wouldn't be on next year's team, but the combo of draft pick + youth (he's only 23 next year in his 3rd season) + tools will keep him here. All I really want out of the guy is the same level of mediocrity Braylon Edwards brought - let a first round WR (COUGHSAMMYWATKINSCOUGH) carry the expectations of becoming a top guy. 

Archived