Jets should sign Maclin

Sully80

He's coming off a torn ACL which would mean that Izzy could sign him to a short, incentive laden, relatively cheap deal with low risk and high reward. He also last played football under Mornhinwheg in Philly so he would know the offense, and he's a pretty good kick/punt returner. I think were all well aware of the kind of speed and playmaking ability Maclin has, I'm personally all for signing this guy. Interested to see what you guys think about this possibility

I would love to get Maclin. If that's what it came down to, I'd be all for it. I do prefer Decker, though, if we have the choice because I'd like to bet on the guy with the least risk. I disagree with you that Maclin will come cheap. He's easily among the top 3 receivers in free agency... for some, he might be #1.

Macllin + a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a WR (that actually pans out) + a FA or drafted TE thats worth something + Kerley + Nelson + Hill + a decent FA WR = much better passing game then last year.

Of all the WR's on the FA market, Maclin is most capable of being a #1 wr for the time being.

Good/great route running ability

Has top speed (provided the injury recov)

Is not a doosh

Aside from his rookie yr, Im not sure there is a yr I wouldnt take him over Holmes...no matter who the QB was.

Either Macklin or Decker in F.A would be good. You get what you pay for, and the Jets have a lot of cap space. You may get Macklin cheaper then the 10 mill per he's possibly looking for. Such players are in demand, and the Jets have the worse receiving core outside of a strike season.

Just get one of them.

I would love to get Maclin. If that's what it came down to, I'd be all for it. I do prefer Decker, though, if we have the choice because I'd like to bet on the guy with the least risk. I disagree with you that Maclin will come cheap. He's easily among the top 3 receivers in free agency... for some, he might be #1.

Who are the other two receivers? Are those two coming off an ACL tear? 

Maclin should be signed for a cheaper amount than you think because he hasnt proved that he's the Jeremy Maclin we know. Kinda like Landry, he signed and showed that he was the probowler we once knew. He went from a 1 year 4 million dollar contract with the Jets to a 4 year 24 million contract with the colts (6 million per year). 

Maclin should be looking at something similar because of they type of injury. He's easily the in the top 3 in regards to name, but he has to show that he can play football. 

Either Macklin or Decker in F.A would be good. You get what you pay for, and the Jets have a lot of cap space. You may get Macklin cheaper then the 10 mill per he's possibly looking for. Such players are in demand, and the Jets have the worse receiving core outside of a strike season.

Just get one of them.

Someone's gonna overpay for Decker, I prefer it not be the Jets. I'd like Maclin or Tate, and our OC and GM, respectively, each have firsthand knowledge on each of them. If they decide on either of those guys, I'd feel good about it given those ties.

Someone's gonna overpay for Decker, I prefer it not be the Jets. I'd like Maclin or Tate, and our OC and GM, respectively, each have firsthand knowledge on each of them. If they decide on either of those guys, I'd feel good about it given those ties.

Like both Maclin and Tate, i just think that Maclin is a band aid for a year at wide receiver like how someone mentioned Landry above, low risk high reward and gives us a chance to see Geno with weapons. Tate's a guy that when you sign him you're stuck with him, not a bad thing but, if we don't have a QB to get him the ball why spend the big dollars. Still wouldn't be upset with either though, always liked Tate, he seems like a smart guy.

No matter who the Jets draft or sign every one be will be screaming by Oct how they suck because Smith will be missing them by 5-10 yards, or staring at them, and throwing to the guy in the other uniform  

You will eat those words.  At least I hope so!

If we can get Mac for a year or two on the cheap, I'm all for it, as for Decker... he's going to get some money! and we don't really know what he can do without Manning. really what former reciever of Peyton's has went to another team and played at the same level? ya.. I'm wouldn't give either more than 2 years and would have to be cheap.  I just can't understand why everyone is inlove with Decker.

If we can get Mac for a year or two on the cheap, I'm all for it, as for Decker... he's going to get some money! and we don't really know what he can do without Manning. really what former reciever of Peyton's has went to another team and played at the same level? ya.. I'm wouldn't give either more than 2 years and would have to be cheap.  I just can't understand why everyone is inlove with Decker.

We kind of do: Decker's first season was a wash, but in his sophomore year he put up 44 catches for 612 yards and 8 tds with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as his QBs. I'm not as big a fan of his as others, but he would definitely be a great addition.

Archived