Do we draft another QB to press Geno...or go for a...

JETS ROCK!

established veteran back up...McCowan, Vick,,or Staub...or draft a new QB in the later rounds,,, i.e. like Jimmy Garroppolo, QB Eastern Illinois?

I just scanned the board, and amazingly nobody is talking about this in at least 20 other threads.

I am all for drafting another QB and adding a veteran to compete with Geno.  I just wonder at some point if you can have too many young QB's to properly develop any of them.  There are only so many practice reps to go around.  With that said, I live by the theory if you don't have a QB, you need to exhaust every avenue to find one.

Geno is the future. Do u even watch the games bro

Only Half. When they are on defense I watch. When they are offense, I try and find something to soothe my intense pain I get watching Geno and the boys find new and inventive ways to go 3 and out, IF their is no fumble, pick, or missed 4th down and inches.

And Yes, we bring in a VET and DRAFT a QB. Geno will simply be the answer to the trivia question in a few years, WHO followed buttfumble as the Jets Qb?

I'm just not sure how any team plans to win a game in the next decade without Jimmy Garopollo or Colt Lyerla.

Our brain trust has already factored that in: they have us trading back into the bottom of the 1st to snag the mid-round talent Garopollo and then swooping down and scooping up Lyerla in the 3rd before the swarm of teams pounce on him when he's an UDFA.

there's only so much oxygen in the room, i don't think a team can adequately develop 3 young quarterbacks at once. They will sign some free agent and go with Geno as the starter. They will spend their time developing Geno. 

This is hilarious, just out of curiosity, when was the last time we developed ONE, let alone multiple?

Only Half. When they are on defense I watch. When they are offense, I try and find something to soothe my intense pain I get watching Geno and the boys find new and inventive ways to go 3 and out, IF their is no fumble, pick, or missed 4th down and inches.

And Yes, we bring in a VET and DRAFT a QB. Geno will simply be the answer to the trivia question in a few years, WHO followed buttfumble as the Jets Qb?

You must have stopped watching in week 11. Geno's progress was solid in the last quarter of the season

I am all for drafting another QB and adding a veteran to compete with Geno.  I just wonder at some point if you can have too many young QB's to properly develop any of them.  There are only so many practice reps to go around.  With that said, I live by the theory if you don't have a QB, you need to exhaust every avenue to find one.

Especially since we did such a bang up job with our first franchise QB. :)

The one thing the Jets have never had since Rex has been here is viable backup QB. Hopefully they get it right this time and go bring in a guy like McCown to not only push Geno but maybe bail them out in a pinch.

You must have stopped watching in week 11. Geno's progress was solid in the last quarter of the season

People keep saying that, but really, it just didn't suck as bad.  Solid?

He was 68-116 for a 59% completion rate and 790 yards, less than a 200 yard/game average.  4 TD, 2 INT and 5 sacks.  Average Rating of 83.2.

Want to know what 'solid' looks like?  Drew Brees (who played CAR twice those last four weeks as opposed to once for Geno) put up these numbers>:

123-173 for a 72% completion rate and 1,368 yards.  10 TD, 4 INT and an astounding 13 sacks (ouch!).  QB rating of 109.8.

Okay, maybe I'm not being entirely fair, but Geno's last four weeks only look solid because we are so used to seeing sucky.  Those stats are not good enough going forward.

lol

It's like starting a thread called "Sanchez sucks" after it's been talked about nonstop for over 3 years.

Watch this thread go on for 100 pages.

At least in that case it came on the heels of another particularly awful performance which inspired the thread.  Absolutely nothing has happened between the dozens of threads that have popped up on this topic.

Either or both.

Marty actually has a great record developing QBs. He had 1 bad situation with Joey Harrington. But he's also worked with Steve Young, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, Jeff Garcia, Mike Vick 2.0 and Nick Foles. In fact there's an article that said Foles was a pure Marty pick, that Reid wanted Russell Wilson.  BTW Foles and Geno are the 2 most successful Air-Raid Qb's ever drafted. He has experience with guys coming from this particular system, running his offense.

Archived