Rex has learned and grown

Jetfanincanada

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense. It takes a coach like nine years to figure it out. You guys need to show patience.

Pete Carol says hi. Maybe if we hadn't fired him so quickly we would have won a SB by now. Thank God Idzik and Woodster have a brain and kept Rex to avoid the same mistake. Within 3 years we are winning a SB with Rex as the HC, no doubt in my mind. Between the growth of Rex as a HC, and how great of a job he did with Geno I am sure of it.

Pete Carol says hi. Maybe if we hadn't fired him so quickly we would have won a SB by now. Thank God Idzik and Woodster have a brain and kept Rex to avoid the same mistake. Within 3 years we are winning a SB with Rex as the HC, no doubt in my mind. Between the growth of Rex as a HC, and how great of a job he did with Geno I am sure of it.

Ive got to make a trip to Canada.

I agree he is growing in many ways, but dealing with QBs isn't his strong suit. Leave that to David Lee and Mornhinweg. The way he handled the Giants pre-season game was horrendous, and it wasn't until the final few games Geno stopped being a turnover-machine. 

Oh. I'm sorry. I mean, I don't love Rex, but I was mostly pooping on Geno and his "progress" at te end of the season.

I'm sorry too. It's hard to keep track of who hates who around here. Generally, I assume that everyone just hates everyone until they say otherwise. lol.

Take away the rushing stats, and Geno was basically a barely average QB those last four weeks. Which, sadly, was a substantial improvement. Woo hoo. Some of us just have beaten-spouse syndrome.

How can you just take away the rushing stats?? Lol that can be a huge part of his game moving forward.

Yeah ok

Rex did better his first two years as a head coach with 1/ eleventy billionth of a QB.

Somehow, I have a feeling that over the next 3 years Pagano is going to do a little better, than 22-26, don't you. Oh, but just like people credit all Belichicks success to Brady, all Pagano's success will be credited to Luck, right?

How can you just take away the rushing stats?? Lol that can be a huge part of his game moving forward.

Because his passing didn't improve.  He just ran more.  Do you want Michael Vick 2.0?  If so, then Geno might be your guy.  But we should not pretend he was turning into a great passer those last four weeks.  He just surfaced above below-mediocre for the first time since the ATL game is all.

Because his passing didn't improve.  He just ran more.  Do you want Michael Vick 2.0?  If so, then Geno might be your guy.  But we should not pretend he was turning into a great passer those last four weeks.  He just surfaced above below-mediocre for the first time since the ATL game is all.

His decision making improved. His turnovers were way down, and those runs were positive plays rather than throwaways or interceptions. It's not in any way conclusive, but it was a clear improvement. That's a start.

Pete Carroll is on record stating that his firing and eventual time in college was what he needed to become the coach he is today.

Paging Fishing, Ozzie etc.[/quote

Joewillie78

I can't even respond to this guys post it is so ridiculous. Really makes you scratch your head and wonder what these people were watching. The funny thing is both Geno and the coach will be gone after next season if Geno the Starter.

Take away the rushing stats, and Geno was basically a barely average QB those last four weeks.  Which, sadly, was a substantial improvement.  Woo hoo.  Some of us just have beaten-spouse syndrome.

So if you take away the things that made him a difference-maker then he ceased to be a difference-maker?

I'm nowhere near sold on Smith and am right in line with the popular idea of adding 1 non-Garrard/non-Sanchez veteran and 1 draftee to our QB ranks. That being said, I take for granted that a QB cannot throw for a TD on the same play that he scored with his feet. Quite a high standard you're holding him to. You're aware that rushing TDs count just as much as passing TDs, right?

So if you take away the things that made him a difference-maker then he ceased to be a difference-maker?

I'm nowhere near sold on Smith and am right in line with the popular idea of adding 1 non-Garrard/non-Sanchez veteran and 1 draftee to our QB ranks. That being said, I take for granted that a QB cannot throw for a TD on the same play that he scored with his feet. Quite a high standard you're holding him to. You're aware that rushing TDs count just as much as passing TDs, right?

Slow clap! You may be able to make it to the great Canada afterall.

Watching Rex develop Smith this year was a thing of beauty.

I think he handled Sanchez poorly in that he let him be an immature pimp with no consequences ever, but he had clearly learned and grown.

We will now reap the rewards of a real QB in Smith. The last four games showed so much promise and I can't wait to see Geno break out this year thanks to Rex Ryan. Now let's get him a weapon or two in the draft/free agency/trade and profit!

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? U trolling? Smith sucked donkey balls this year, complete garbage qb. You want me to bust out Smith's highlights, like running out the back of our own end zone or butt fumbling the ball?

His decision making improved. His turnovers were way down, and those runs were positive plays rather than throwaways or interceptions. It's not in any way conclusive, but it was a clear improvement. That's a start.

Look, the only thing he did better the last 4 games was run with the ball a little better.  He did throw 2 int's  in those 4 games.  I was at the Raider game where he did throw 1 pick and 2 more dropped.  He can make all the throws and run well.  The entire season though he locked onto his receivers resulting in way too many picks.  His accuracy was also up and down the entire season.  You want to blame that on the receivers than fine.  I did see him miss wide open receivers though.  Even in the last 4 games.  I agree we just can't give up on him.  I still want to see the Jets draft a QB this year and bring in a vet. Rex and the GM should make it a fair and open competition with Geno, Simms, new draft pick and the vet.  May the best QB win! 

Archived