2014 sleeper picks

I hate to kill your enthusiasm with Janis, but despite his great speed and size, he has very small hands which makes him a body catcher.  Body catchers reduce their catch radius and limit their ability to run after the catch.  I would take a pass on Janis.  I like Aikens as a size - speed prospect in the secondary, but he will need time to develop.  AC Leonard will probably be on someone's practice squad this year.

CB DONTAE JOHNSON   got beat bad by good competition - good size\speed tho
NORTH CAROLINA STATE

CB NEVIN LAWSON got beat bad by Lee but like the way he plays the line of scrimmage and see him as viable nickel also real good speed
UTAH STATE

OLB DENICOS ALLEN Special teams\Convert to Safety project - maybe useful in nickel\dime\4-6 packages
MICHIGAN STATE

James Hurst OL

Brynn Renner QB

I do like both of them - though Renner obviously is a mega long shot to make it as a non-elite QB prospect.

Others:

James Gayle DE/OLB VT

Ka'Deem Carey RB AZ - He killed any shot at going on the first two days with his combine, but thinking he might be an Arian Foster.

Xavier Grimble TE USC

Andre Hal CB Vanderbilt - In a Dmitri Patterson kind of way.

Kirby Van Der Kamp  P Iowa St - I think he's a draftable punter.

Larry Webster DE/OLB Penn St

Jackson Jeffcoat DE/OLB Texas

Jeff Matthews QB Cornell

Probably at least a couple OL...

I haven't actually seen Latimer in the first anywhere, so at least to that extent. The tape guys and the analytics guys like him but none of the hacks seem to be interested yet.

I think it's been leaking out recently that teams have their sights set. I've definitely been seeing his name pop up a bunch the past week or so. Kelly's in love with him obv.

A sleeper from a big school, Damien Williams RB Oklahoma.  A back with decent size and very good speed.  He is very adept at catching balls out of the backfield and has been productive when he has played.  Was released from the program for disciplinary issues which is why he will probably be selected after the 5th round, if at all.

Love me some DeAnthony Thomas.

I like Thomas too. I'm not sure if he's really what we're looking for. The backs we scouted last year were the standard size-speed guys. Davis, Bell, Christine Michael. Probably good value too since his agility tests were crap. Also good from a roster management standpoint since if we draft a receiver in the first round like it sure looks like we're going to then we're going to be tight on space there and he basically gives us an extra.

I like Thomas too. I'm not sure if he's really what we're looking for. The backs we scouted last year were the standard size-speed guys. Davis, Bell, Christine Michael. Probably good value too since his agility tests were crap. Also good from a roster management standpoint since if we draft a receiver in the first round like it sure looks like we're going to then we're going to be tight on space there and he basically gives us an extra.

Wouldn't he fit what they were looking to do with Austin?

Douchiness aside, he was the one back that I really wanted the Jets to go after last year. Would not be surprised to see him become a big-time player once Marshawn's contract runs up.

Archived