Calvin Pryor: "We hate the Pats and Giants"

T0mShane

Jets rookie safety: 'We hate the Patriots and we hate the Giants'

Published: June 6, 2014 2:59 PM

By Kimberley Martin

It didn’t take long for Calvin Pryor to be indoctrinated into the Jets-Pats rivalry.

The rookie safety has been a New York Jet for only a month, but he’s already up to speed on how much the organization loathes New England -- and the team's star quarterback Tom Brady.

“We don't like Tom at all,” Pryor, the Jets' first-round pick, said in a “Daily News Live” interview that aired this week.

“When I first came here, that was one of the first things I heard about: We hate the Patriots, and we hate the Giants. That's what everybody was telling me. So we hate those guys and I look forward to playing them this season.”

Pryor developed a reputation for trash-talking and delivering big hits during his college career at Louisville. And that’s just what his new head coach Rex Ryan loves about him.

“He just said ‘Be yourself,” the safety explained, “and just talk trash and try to get them out their game.’”

We shall see if Pryor’s this vocal when the Jets play the Giants in the preseason on Aug. 22 and during their two regular-season matchups with the Patriots on Oct. 16 in Foxboro and at home on Dec. 21.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny I dont see where in the artical it says Rex told him who to hate..

Guess it could not be the other players now could it??

My bad i read something else that had said it was rex

Also him having bashed giants before, i believed what i saw, however if it waa rex that said it, then i stand by what i said

My bad i read something else that had said it was rex

Also him having bashed giants before, i believed what i saw, however if it waa rex that said it, then i stand by what i said

If you see Rex's recent news conference he speaks well of the giants and wishes them well - but I guess that doesn't fit the agenda.

Rex needs to get over the giant hate. He should concentrate on the division.

Football guys should know giants are first class orginaization and they look better when they give their props.

That said .. I like Pryor...I hope he gets at least 5 fines for blowing up defenseless receivers this year. HAHAHAhahahaha

He forgot the fins

Exactly.  The Giants aren't our rivals.  It's all manufactured by Rex for reasons unknown.  The Dolphins are our all-time arch-enemy and the Pats have been an arch-enemy for the past decade.  The Giants play in a different division and conference.  The Snoopy Bowl has zero prestige.

A rookie safety talking like that is really silly.What the hell has Calvin Pryor done yet? But under Wrecks the Jets are always long on big talk, short on anything that matters. Pryor fits right in.

Exactly.  The Giants aren't our rivals.  It's all manufactured by Rex for reasons unknown.  The Dolphins are our all-time arch-enemy and the Pats have been an arch-enemy for the past decade.  The Giants play in a different division and conference.  The Snoopy Bowl has zero prestige.

I hate Giant fans more than any other fanbase.

Yet Recks put Sanchez out there win it.

Its just dumb, they play once every 4 years and are in a different conference

It's because Rex actually understands what it is like to be a friggin Jets fan. He knows damn well that every single Jets fan had to go through school and ultimately work, with their Giants fan friends busting their balls about the Super Bowl wins and how the Jets suck etc.  The Giants fans act like they don't mind the Jets just because the Jets haven't hurt the Giants in forever... or even ever for that matter. 

Rex knows that twice in the past couple of years the Jets fans had to endure a Pats/ Giants Super Bowl. Which is a hated division rival and the cross town winning org. playing eachother in the big game. TWICE!!

29 other friggin teams but it was that.

Rex knows what it's like when patronizing Giants fans come on a Jets chat board and feign interest in our team while they are able to at any time drop the "winning team" bomb on our heads if the conversation get tough.

With all due respect, you even being here is insulting on some levels. You won't understand that but it is.

Rex knows what that is all about and as much as he wants to win a championship, he wants to win it for a fan base that is 2 steps above water board level tortured. That's why he came in and tried (and succeeded for the first two years) to create a new identity for the Jets fans.

That's why we hate the friggin gIants. And I hope every player on the Jets understands that. Does that answer your question?

Archived