Jets at Bengals - Preseason Week # 2 -- Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we are all watching a different game. Geno looks really good. The one int was Nelson's fault.

Yeah he tore into those 2nd stringers.

Geno has showed more than anything he is a better decision maker. Sanchez thought being a good decision maker was being passive the entire time... Smith is looking great.

I know right when has Sanchez ever tore into 2nd stringers? Oh wait...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/8/9/5986521/eagles-vs-bears-game-notes-mark-sanchez-vinny-curry-highlight

Srs? What do you think? Vontaze isn't out their, bengals aren't getting any pressure, can't tackle and cover. Honestly, after that domination which string do you think is in first or 2nd?

he was hurt.  hunt and the rest were out there

Srs? What do you think? Vontaze isn't out their, bengals aren't getting any pressure, can't tackle and cover. Honestly, after that domination which string do you think is in first or 2nd?

Had to run and errand and listened to the last drive in the car. Lyons said the Bengals' 2s played most of the 2nd quarter on both sides of the ball. 

so first half

total melt down in poise, discipline and football smarts.  I don't think this will ever change with rex as HC

chris johnson seems to get better with each carry, like he is feeling his knee out

pryor is as advertised

amaro looked good

geno was more positive than negative

winters is brutal.  should not start another game

colon is a bad dude, and I love that, but he has to keep his cool

hill was basically even

Calvin Pryor is beastly against backups!!! #thanksidzik

I agree.  Pryor looks like the real deal.  I also agree with what Namath tweeted during the game:  Good thing this is only the preseason -- or something to that effect.  However, based on what I have seen in this first half, there is nothing that changes my opinion that Geno Smith is not a starting NFL quarterback, or that Rex would be better off in a job focusing on defensive responsibilities only, where he is not allowed to brag when keeping his big mouth shut would be more appropriate.  Against the #1 team of the Bengals, this would be an old fashioned whipping.  Idzik may or may not be an incompetent tool, but if most of his picks don't make the team, while other players that he passed over thrive, then I would say Woody will have a serious problem selling tickets this season, since he will have not gotten any closer to solving the problems that have haunted this franchise for over 40 years.  Again, based on the first 2 games, I would say a 4W season is not inconceivable.

so first half

total melt down in poise, discipline and football smarts.  I don't think this will ever change with rex as HC

chris johnson seems to get better with each carry, like he is feeling his knee out

pryor is as advertised

amaro looked good

geno was more positive than negative

winters is brutal.  should not start another game

colon is a bad dude, and I love that, but he has to keep his cool

hill was basically even

Winters just can't play.

Stoic, it's because people like to come here and read diffrent opinions from diffrent posters.

It gets hard to read when one poster just bangs the sane drum over and over and over.

Try posting about something besides your hatred if the GM.

we get it. You think He sucks

Want a real effin' treat?  Try the Mets forum I visit where he does exactly the same thing, over and over and over again but with Alderson as the focal point.  Same bull$hit posts ad infinitum. 

Also, Cincinnati has all sorts of weird blue laws where you can't buy a certain ABV after a certain time. It's like living in 1600s Rhode Island.

It's got a lot of hills too. And it always seemed like the whites were on the top and the African Americans were on the bottom

It's got a lot of hills too.

Yes! Coming in felt like driving to Dracula's castle.

And it always seemed like the whites were on the top and the African Americans were on the bottom

Also this. It was never far from my mind that we were like 300 yards from Kentucky.

Yes! Coming in felt like driving to Dracula's castle.

Also this. It was never far from my mind that we were like 300 yards from Kentucky.

The airport is actually in Kentucky even though it says Cincinnati

Archived