****** Official Snoopy Bowl Repeat Thread ******

ZachEY

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was admittedly superdrunk when the game started, but I just watched the first half again on DVR. Here are my valued, delayed observations :

1. Geno looked nice in a clean pocket, but he gets really inaccurate when people get around his feet. He's still throwing it more than he's passing it, but he dropped an absolute dime to Decker in the end zone that DRC defended well. Needs to anticipate better in order to stop throwing it late and getting his receivers lit up (Decker took the hit tonight). I hope they let Geno throw it 30 times per game, if only to see he works past some bad habits. That said, he's not losing this job unless he gets hurt.

2. Darrin Walls should start opposite Milliner.

3. Babin and McIntyre should share one OLB spot, and Coples should go back to the DL. On the back to back plays he made in the first quarter, he had his hand in the dirt lined up as the LDE, with Mo moving inside.

4. Chris Johnson reminds me a lot of Freeman McNeil. His change of direction is silly.

5. Amaro is going to catch 80 passes.

6. The Giants are non-competitive at the LOS on both sides of the ball. That's hard to achieve.

7. Saunders needs to come back and be the deep threat on this team. Hill is so discombobulated out there, he might be beyond redemption. With Decker, Amaro, Kerley, and Chris Johnson, the missing part to the passing game is a guy the safety has to at least consider covering.

When the hell did preseason games become $35 to park????

I went with 4 people, we came in 3 cars thinking parking would be 10-15. I couldn't believe it when the lady told me $35

:rl:

I thought you were smart?

I was admittedly superdrunk when the game started, but I just watched the first half again on DVR. Here are my valued, delayed observations :

1. Geno looked nice in a clean pocket, but he gets really inaccurate when people get around his feet. He's still throwing it more than he's passing it, but he dropped an absolute dime to Decker in the end zone that DRC defended well. Needs to anticipate better in order to stop throwing it late and getting his receivers lit up (Decker took the hit tonight). I hope they let Geno throw it 30 times per game, if only to see he works past some bad habits. That said, he's not losing this job unless he gets hurt.

2. Darrin Walls should start opposite Milliner.

3. Babin and McIntyre should share one OLB spot, and Coples should go back to the DL. On the back to back plays he made in the first quarter, he had his hand in the dirt lined up as the LDE, with Mo moving inside.

4. Chris Johnson reminds me a lot of Freeman McNeil. His change of direction is silly.

5. Amaro is going to catch 80 passes.

6. The Giants are non-competitive at the LOS on both sides of the ball. That's hard to achieve.

7. Saunders needs to come back and be the deep threat on this team. Hill is so discombobulated out there, he might be beyond redemption. With Decker, Amaro, Kerley, and Chris Johnson, the missing part to the passing game is a guy the safety has to at least consider covering.

Obviously, no evidence to say that Geno is "the guy", but I think his improvement is undeniable at this point.  I imagine Rex developed the sh*t out of him.

When the hell did preseason games become $35 to park????

I went with 4 people, we came in 3 cars thinking parking would be 10-15. I couldn't believe it when the lady told me $35

The couch or local gin mill beckons. The Jets as an organization do not grasp that they have chased away their fans with the hassle and expense of attending the game in person. But at least all those luxury boxes are bursting at the seams and standing room only, right?  Think it's very hard to f___ up a business catering to middle class males who like to tailgate, have a few beers and get quickly  in and out of a stadium with lots of bathrooms . The Jets have managed to do that. It's like they built thier stadium oblivious to who their market/fan base is, what that market likes and dislikes , what attracts and deters them. This idiocy should be featured in an MBA textbook-"How to Lose Your Customers as Quickly as Possible". Woody Johnson is blessed with a NFL TV contracr situation that makes his team profitable even if nobody shows up. At this rate, he may find out if that's true.

Yankee stadium riff raff section 4 sliders and 1lb bucket of fries with beer $33

That's really solid.

We were literally one row above coaches club.  Walked out that way at the end of the game.  No idea what those seats cost, but the unlimited food there was incredible.  Steak, shrimp, ice cream, candy, popcorn, nachos, hot dogs... That would have been something.

I've been to only a few games/concerts at the stadium, and this was my first time in any of the clubs, and usually I've been sitting in the lower bowl, closer to the endzones, and it was really easy in and out.  This time, I see what everyone's been complaining about.  It was absurd trying to find our seats.  The place is confusing as hell and difficult to navigate without a map.  And, this was with better seats.  Awful.

That's really solid.

We were literally one row above coaches club.  Walked out that way at the end of the game.  No idea what those seats cost, but the unlimited food there was incredible.  Steak, shrimp, ice cream, candy, popcorn, nachos, hot dogs... That would have been something.

I've been to only a few games/concerts at the stadium, and this was my first time in any of the clubs, and usually I've been sitting in the lower bowl, closer to the endzones, and it was really easy in and out.  This time, I see what everyone's been complaining about.  It was absurd trying to find our seats.  The place is confusing as hell and difficult to navigate without a map.  And, this was with better seats.  Awful.

I get the coaches club tickets for one game a season from my dad's company. It is amazing. Free everything except for alcohol. 

I will not be baited

I mean, Rex took a guy who threw 3 interceptions in his first Snoopy Bowl to a guy throwing a TD and 0 INTs, not to mention the throw to Kerley (penalty) or Hill (Hill).

The development is nearly unparalleled.

I mean, Rex took a guy who threw 3 interceptions in his first Snoopy Bowl to a guy throwing a TD and 0 INTs, not to mention the throw to Kerley (penalty) or Hill (Hill).

The development is nearly unparalleled.

Smith had an okay night. If the Jets moved to ball better in the 1st half it would have been a blowout.

Smith had an okay night. If the Jets moved to ball better in the 1st half it would have been a blowout.

And if Smith, in year 2, is merely an OK Quarterback, that is a MAJOR improvement, and impressive development from Rex and his staff.  He was OK, and a holding call and Hill away from good.

Archived