Coples in the Midst of a Breakthrough Year

BroadwayJoe12

Teams can't run the ball on us and thus, only have 58 rush attempts through three games; it's hard to both rush the passer and make tackles downfield. Wilk, Sheldon and Snacks only have 8, 6 and 9, respectively. On the other hand, teams have 112 passing attempts on us and Coples has disrupted the QB on 20 of them. His eight hurries and twelve pressures have affected opposing quarterbacks about once every five drop-backs. I know he's not putting up the gaudy sack numbers, but he's been doing a very good job at getting after the QB.

Is that what that means? Do we know that hurries and pressures are cumulative? It's all kind of nonsense. Hurries are tracked but it's obviously loose, and I don't think pressures as a distinct thing from that is a term with an accepted meaning. FO keeps track of sacks plus hits for some reason (QB knockdowns!) so it could be something like that. Coples is playing fine. PFF isn't numbers.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that what that means? Do we know that hurries and pressures are cumulative? It's all kind of nonsense. Hurries are tracked but it's obviously loose, and I don't think pressures as a distinct thing from that is a term with an accepted meaning. FO keeps track of sacks plus hits for some reason (QB knockdowns!) so it could be something like that. Coples is playing fine. PFF isn't numbers.

I think FO only counts hits for the supplemental stuff they do, like true sack rate and pressure plays. Adjusted sack rate is just pass attempts and opponents faced, no?

Whew. Big game for The Cope today. Was hoping to get Larz's Keys To Coples' Game before it starts. Maybe Sonny Werblin can chime in. Otherwise, I'll just be a babe lost in the woods again. Thanks in advance, L.

this is on you dude.  I want to know what you see when you watch coples.  no more cute one liners. 

Looking at PFF ratings for the season as a whole.  There were a few things that surprised me, and several that didn't.

Best:

Mo Wilk 14.6

Sheldon Richardson 8.8

Damon Harrison 7.5

Nick Mangold 7.5

Dawan Landry 2.2

Leger Douzable 1.6

Quenton Coples 1.3

Meh, he's still playing well.  He helped create 2 sacks with his pressure, making Peyton move out of the pocket so some else could get the sack.

He did get juked by Peyton on that one roll out to the sidelines which was pretty funny.  He had him dead of rights and Peyton juked him to miss an easy sack. 

I totally agree,, Crapels and Gholston  are the cornerstones of the Jets future, soon as Gholston gets sick of working a UPS that is. :face:

I hope Craples does to Brady what Lewis did to Bledsoe on Thurs, except this time he actually dies on the field.  Its only right for the Jets to literally kill Brady and usher in a new era of dominance with Grappalo.

I hope Craples does to Brady what Lewis did to Bledsoe on Thurs, except this time he actually dies on the field.  Its only right for the Jets to literally kill Brady and usher in a new era of dominance with Grappalo.

I'm sure you do, I love how much Jets fans hate the Patriots. Jet but hurt year in and year out provides endless entertainment.

I'm sure you do, I love how much Jets fans hate the Patriots. Jet but hurt year in and year out provides endless entertainment.

I dont really get joy out of other peoples misery. That's a twisted, ****ed up, pathetic way to go about life...but to each his own.  Whatever makes you happy.

I typically feel really bad for Patriots fans when they fall just short of a championship, year after year since being busted for cheating.  I know how bad their fans want that non-tainted, legitimate Super Bowl victory to make up for the ones with the asterisks next to them.  As a fan of terrible professional sports team, I too know how it feels to be disappointed...only difference is my seasons usually end early and yours are more in the gut wrenching fashion. 

Archived