Ryan's Brown-Nosing of Idzik Reaches Absurd Levels

flgreen

That's correct.

I can see it now "Don't hire Rex, he couldn't win with Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith...if he can't win with those two, he'll never win"

Here's the thing....in a few months we'll know.  My prediction is this...a team with a good/great offense/QB will make Rex their HC, or will pay him more than most HC's to be their DC.

I can see it now "Don't hire Rex, he couldn't win with Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith...if he can't win with those two, he'll never win"

Here's the thing....in a few months we'll know. My prediction is this...a team with a good/great offense/QB will make Rex their HC, or will pay him more than most HC's to be their DC.

The nightmare scenario for any GM is to watch his draft classes languish under a bad coaching staff. GMs don't think they drafted bad players, ever. If you're being at all objective about Rex's time here, you cannot say that he's done a good job with young players.

If you read between the lines, all Rex is really doing here is attributing the selections to Idzik. The spin he's putting on the players is one thing, but it's whatever, it's really about Rex saying "John's drafts". 

Rex has never been what you could call subtle when it comes to taking credit for the good and throwing everyone he has to under the bus for the bad.

Sorry but I don't think Rex is that smart ...Matter of fact I think he's an Idiot

He's interviewing for his next job. Which is fun.

"So, Rex, tell us why, as head coach, your offenses always sucked. WHy? Can you identify what  happened over 6 seasons?Why was it that your teams, even when they left the NFL in rushing in 2009, never scored enough points? Yes, your GMs were not Tex Schramm and George Young, but there are days when you have to deal with the talent on hand and make a plausible plan to score points. WHy should we think things will be any different here if we made you HC of Franchise  X?What do you offer to make our offense better? And why should we think our QB will get any better under you? "

Hard to figure out why he would put his name to such a thing unless it's stark stupidity (which I'd never rule out)

Can you imagine what other GM's think that know all the personnel he mentioned and truly understand the mediocre to horrid grade that belongs here instead of the A+?

You don't want your head coach showing he's delusional in a written statement.  

My guess is this had more to do with NFL.com putting out a story that Rex was safe but Idzik isnt. Odds are that story came from someone in Rex's camp. This is Rex doing his best to show they are all on the same page and he loves him. Back when Tannebaum was fired Rex had little to say and disappeared for like a month. Those two had a good relationship but I think Rex knew he could not go out there and say he had great talent and kept his job. Rex cant vanish now so hell just praise what he has.

The nightmare scenario for any GM is to watch his draft classes languish under a bad coaching staff. GMs don't think they drafted bad players, ever. If you're being at all objective about Rex's time here, you cannot say that he's done a good job with young players.

What young player has Rex "failed" with?

That has gone onto another team and proved your nutso theory.....

It doesn't particularly help his cause either way.  Even if he was being truthful in his assessment of the two draft classes, the question then becomes "Why are you 1-5 with -62 net points (3rd worst in the NFL) with all this talent?"

DUH...POW...Post of the Week

Because that's why Rex is going to be fired. Jalen Saunders.

Excepting a couple guys over the past 2-3 decades, special teams guys are supposed to get coached up. That's exactly how it worked when Westhoff was here. We coached up gunners and returners. The entire thing with STs is that's your mid-late round picks, UDFAs, cheap FAs...etc. It's a little thing with big repercussions if you can't get it right, and unfortunately we haven't been able to. Losing your special teams coach should never have this big of an impact on a team, but of course with us it does because the guy at the helm of everything only knows how to coach one unit of one side of the ball.  And of course, that can't be his fault, because why should we expect him to handle a task that every other coach worth his salt seems to be able to handle?

Oakland, Jacksonville would be a good fit. Two of Rexs biggest fans already live there. Cincinnati would be Rexs dream job with that roster.

Washington, you never know what Dan Snyder will do.

Jacksonville's current GM refused to interview for the Jets job when he heard keeping Rex was a condition.

If you read between the lines, all Rex is really doing here is attributing the selections to Idzik. The spin he's putting on the players is one thing, but it's whatever, it's really about Rex saying "John's drafts". 

Rex has never been what you could call subtle when it comes to taking credit for the good and throwing everyone he has to under the bus for the bad.

Rex is thrashing in the water.  Somebody toss him a life jacket.  LI think you are 100 per cent right.  This is devious, and desperate.

Archived