Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez is ruining my Thanksgiving for the 2nd time. I'm dying for a few picks. He fumbled it but Eagles recovered he got lucky there.

Mark Sanchez being successful is the best thing that could happen to this franchise.

We need a housecleaning. Go Eagles.

SAR I

he would go back to sucking and we'd start booing him

Its time to accept that the franchise just isnt very good with QBs, this where QBs come to die.

I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. I really think with the right HC (one that doesn't neglect the offense) and a front office devoted to putting the right pieces around him, he could have success here again.

If we're not in a position to draft Mariota, I wouldn't object to bringing Mark back and investing in the OL and a #1 WR.

The only question is whether he'd be willing to come back here, or if that bridge is burned.

You realize this post doesn't make any sense, right? I mean literally none at all. Your entire argument completely contradicts itself.

On one hand you're touting Sanchez for "only" throwing 1.5 INTs per game while making a point of ignoring his additional 1.25 fumbles per game, and trying to celebrate that supposed accomplishment. Then when it is shown to you that those numbers are actually horrible, you carry on about how 4 games means nothing. Yet in the next breath you're rambling on about how much 4 games supposedly means about the greatness of Sanchez as you only look at the specific numbers from Sanchez which make him look good, while outright ignoring those which make him look bad. As if that wasn't laughably bad enough, your final argument is using a completion percentage from one game as some sort of evidence that Sanchez is any good. A single game completion percentage of just under 70% while good, is hardly world beater type stuff. Geno friggin' Smith has topped that on multiple occasions and he most certainly sucks something fierce (and that's being kind).

Bottom line, you've actually managed to prove yourself wrong. Well done.

Ok, first of all, my saying he is svgering 1.5 ints a game was ONLY correcting the charge that he had 2 a game, nothing more. The REAL point here is that, regardless, its ONLY 4 games, so whethrr it is 1.5 or 2.0 or 1.25 fumbles is meaningless anyway.

Btw did you catch the Eagles game today? Lmao

Sad to see a great Jet, Lance Mehl represented by this guy here at JN.

An even more abyssmal example from my now permanently self ended days at JI is a total retard using the name of Bruce Harper

Retard? Come on, dude, lighten up. The guy's good. I know it sucks, but no need to start insulting Jet fans. :)

Taco played well today

He did. What's he 4-1 now?

Good to see him having success. He will likely always throw the insane INT but what I like about him in Philly is he/they just keep attacking downfield. Rex and company would go into a shell and call three straight runs.

Some nice throws on the run today.

Love that he's playing. ******* delighted for him.

I know it's cool to hate on the failures here but Mark genuinely struck me as a great guy. From every interview he done I always came away impressed, that Aiden Binkley story was heartbreaking but uplifting at the same time. Guy deserved a break and went through a lot of sh*t here. I actually wish we'd have got to see him last season when he actually was in a very uncertain position. Not saying he would have lit it up but it would have been something different.

I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. I really think with the right HC (one that doesn't neglect the offense) and a front office devoted to putting the right pieces around him, he could have success here again.

If we're not in a position to draft Mariota, I wouldn't object to bringing Mark back and investing in the OL and a #1 WR.

The only question is whether he'd be willing to come back here, or if that bridge is burned.

what makes you think he would return? he has iced it in philly. outplayed foles. they make a deep playoff run, and it's his team for the foreseeable future.

i can imagine a phone conversation between idzdick and mark going something like this:

*ring*

Mark: Hello?

Idz: Good evening Mark, John Idzik speaking, New York Jets GM.

Mark: errrrrrrr...hi? What's this all about?

Idz: Mark, we've been very impressed with how you're playing this season. I know it didn't work out too well the last time you were here, but we at the jets would love to offer you a chance to come back and be our starting QB again. You know, with weaponzz, a support base, and a coach that actually gives a damn...you know, all that good sh*t you didn't have last time. Whaddya say, Mark?

Mark: *click*

Idz: Hello???...... Mark? Mark?

Idz: ....you there, pal?  ....Mark?

Idz:.... :tumbleweed:

*25 minutes later*

Idz:... :1cry:

what makes you think he would return? he has iced it in philly. outplayed foles. they make a deep playoff run, and it's his team for the foreseeable future.

i can imagine a phone conversation between idzdick and mark going something like this:

*ring*

Mark: errrrrrrr...hi? What's this about?

Idz: Mark, we've been very impressed with how you're playing this season. I know it didn't work out too well the last time you were here, but we at the jets would love to offer you a chance to come back and be our starting QB again. You know, with weaponzz, a support base, and a coach that actually gives a damn...you know, all that good sh*t you didn't have last time. Whaddya say, Mark?

*25 minutes later*

Why is Idzik talking like a celebrity in an Old Navy commercial?

*ring*

Mark: errrrrrrr...hi? What's this all about?

*25 minutes later*

I'm assuming that we'll have a new GM next year. 

And maybe he wouldn't want to come back - but my point was that I wouldn't oppose bringing him back if he was open to a reunion.

Love that he's playing. ******* delighted for him.

I know it's cool to hate on the failures here but Mark genuinely struck me as a great guy. From every interview he done I always came away impressed, that Aiden Binkley story was heartbreaking but uplifting at the same time. Guy deserved a break and went through a lot of sh*t here. I actually wish we'd have got to see him last season when he actually was in a very uncertain position. Not saying he would have lit it up but it would have been something different.

Sanchez is a genuinely good person. Thats why it was laughable when someone posted here saying he was a phoney in interviews. He always defended the team and never threw anyone under the buss. He was great to fans and did a lot of charitable work.

He also loved being a Jet. He was the best thing to happen to the Jets since Parcells, but Rex and FO had no clue how to develop a QB and the fans turned on him.

Archived