Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

And do you blame the fans for booing him out of town?

I would have liked to see Mark get 1 year playing for Marty but we have the Idz to thank for that.

Yes, I do.

There are Yankees/Jets fans and there are Mets/Jets fans. The Mets fans are consumed with avoiding embarrassment, it's all they care about. They couldn't handle the Buttfumble, too much teasing for their fragile egos.

Woody Johnson just wants to make the fans happy. His vision of a Jets fan is some blue collar worker from Flushing half drunk and playing Rush in the parking lot with cheap beer and price club hot dogs. It's why he tried so hard with Fireman Ed with those stupid pregame chants that no one cared about. That fan loved Rex Ryan, needed to believe that he's a good coach, so they blamed Mark for everything and Woody appeased them.

Meanwhile, it's the white collar PSL owners that move the needle at MetLife and we saw the truth, called Ryan a fraud in 2011.

Like I said, Jets fans got what they deserved for running the wrong guy out of town. Hope they're happy. This is their fault.

SAR I

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the best part is hearing the announcers say the same things every week.  ok, we get it.  the jets ruined him

what they don't mention is the best part of the eagles offense is the o-line and the run game and the YAC

not to take anything away from mark, he played great, but the iggles special teams and run game set him up beautifully

and how hard is it to coach like chip kelly ?  he changes his offense to suit his QB.  we all know mark loves to roll out and he does it all the time for chip.  it's so simple but I don't see it here very much.  

the best part is hearing the announcers say the same things every week.  ok, we get it.  the jets ruined him

what they don't mention is the best part of the eagles offense is the o-line and the run game and the YAC

not to take anything away from mark, he played great, but the iggles special teams and run game set him up beautifully

and how hard is it to coach like chip kelly ?  he changes his offense to suit his QB.  we all know mark loves to roll out and he does it all the time for chip.  it's so simple but I don't see it here very much.  

I say the same thing about Popovich. It's about getting players who are coachable. 

Yes, I do.

There are Yankees/Jets fans and there are Mets/Jets fans. The Mets fans are consumed with avoiding embarrassment, it's all they care about. They couldn't handle the Buttfumble, too much teasing for their fragile egos.

Woody Johnson just wants to make the fans happy. His vision of a Jets fan is some blue collar worker from Flushing half drunk and playing Rush in the parking lot with cheap beer and price club hot dogs. It's why he tried so hard with Fireman Ed with those stupid pregame chants that no one cared about. That fan loved Rex Ryan, needed to believe that he's a good coach, so they blamed Mark for everything and Woody appeased them.

Meanwhile, it's the white collar PSL owners that move the needle at MetLife and we saw the truth, called Ryan a fraud in 2011.

Like I said, Jets fans got what they deserved for running the wrong guy out of town. Hope they're happy. This is their fault.

SAR I

The fans are going to cheer you when you win and boo you when you lose, especially in NY. Do you think the fans care who the coaches are when he throws a pick 6 to a defensive lineman, or when he buttfumbles? Sanchez played horribly the last 2 years and his last season here was some of the worst QB play I have seen in 40+ years of watching football. He deserved what he got from the fans. Now if he played last year (and played well) and got the Jets to the playoffs, do you think the fans would be calling for his head?

What the fans deserve is for this franchise to be run by a smart football man, and not by accountants and IBM.

Why is Idzik talking like a celebrity in an Old Navy commercial?

Why would he be talking for the new York Jets at all a after week 17 is the bigger question.

Not sure Sanchez is much of a QB. But a good coach like Kelly looks at what he can do and builds his offense and play calls around that instead of scaring the poop out of him with red/yellow/green-Ground & Pound nonsense. And if you show some confidence in what Sanchez can do instead of worrying about his weaknesses he can at least be effective to a point. "Crossers" pointed out Revis told Schitty repeatedly to run the no huddle and roll Sanchez out because that cut down on his thought process and limited what he had to process, i.e.. less field to deal with, less to think about. And instead they scared the daylights out of him with DON'T FUMBLE. It's also how you bring in Tebow and treat him like a fullback because that was your desiree offense instead of looking at what the Broncos did with him that worked, ilke getting him wide and matched up against guys his size or smaller, where he could do some damage. Running him between the tackles was pointless. but it's GROUND & POUND. But this is what happens when your HC is goddamn idiot. 

Again, may be neither Sanchez nor Tebow have any business being an NFL QB. But you plug round pegs into round holes, not square ones. Chip Kelly is only asking Sanchez to be a round peg into a round hole. 

here he coudn't beat out geno

let that sink in, lol

Larz, you sure don't want to admit anyone is better than Geno. I can certainly understand your doubts about Simms, but please don't try and say Geno is better than Sanchez.

What I really want to hear is what you would do about our QB situation, this year and beyond. And why.

SAR I

SAR I Woody is a rich bastard who got richer with your PSL investment and blue collar workers who spend money at football games unlike your type who smuggle in pastrami sandwiches and drink bathroom faucet water out of a collapsable emergency cup. 

White collar fans making bad investments just like in real life this time it was the Woody Ponzi scheme which lured you all into buying PSLs for a team that hasn't been to the Super Bowl since 1969 thats a smart man. 

Hows the view from your seats watching a 2-9 team do something thats a poor excuse for football. 

I won't invest in PSLs until a winning product is put on the field and that may take bringing back Mark Sanchez. 

So what you're saying is that on a team ready to compete for a Super Bowl, Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback.

Hello? Isn't that the point?

SAR I

Larz, you sure don't want to admit anyone is better than Geno. I can certainly understand your doubts about Simms, but please don't try and say Geno is better than Sanchez.

What I really want to hear is what you would do about our QB situation, this year and beyond. And why.

the point being about the coaching.  

The fans are going to cheer you when you win and boo you when you lose, especially in NY. Do you think the fans care who the coaches are when he throws a pick 6 to a defensive lineman, or when he buttfumbles? Sanchez played horribly the last 2 years and his last season here was some of the worst QB play I have seen in 40+ years of watching football. He deserved what he got from the fans. Now if he played last year (and played well) and got the Jets to the playoffs, do you think the fans would be calling for his head?

What the fans deserve is for this franchise to be run by a smart football man, and not by accountants and IBM.

Smart fans saw something special in Mark Sanchez his first two seasons.

Smart fans saw a terrible lack of commitment to the QB position by the head coach and GM in his next two seasons.

Stupid fans saw the Buttfumble on ESPN and saw Rex Ryan promising them "this is the best team I've ever coached" and thought we didn't need to hold onto the best QB prospect we've seen in 40 years.

You wanted to see what life was like without Mark Sanchez? You got it. Happy? Last three seasons sitting well with you? Mark Sanchez was the problem, the reason we were so bad in '11 and '12? Like I said, you get what you deserve. Your big mouths and your Tweets and your call-in's and your message board posts. Awesome job setting us back a decade.

SAR I

So what you're saying is that on a team ready to compete for a Super Bowl, Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback.

Hello? Isn't that the point?

SAR I

nope.  the point being the announcers only go skin deep and don't bother to discuss why he is playing so well and looks so different than when he was here

Eagles vs pats in az for the Super Bowl and mark gets the best of Brady and gets the win. Typical Jets luck. It could happen.

Week 17.

Eagles @ Giants.

Metlife Stadium.

J-E-T-S chant for Mark Sanchez as he wins the NFC Eastern Division Championship and a first round bye.

SAR I

He outplayed Geno that pre-season.

The powers that be felt he needed to play behind 4th stringers in the Snoopy Bowl.

that's the killer.  he should have been considered the starter after geno flopped in the first half.  Everybody knew it but the HC of the NYJ.  

SAR I Woody is a rich bastard who got richer with your PSL investment and blue collar workers who spend money at football games unlike your type who smuggle in pastrami sandwiches and drink bathroom faucet water out of a collapsable emergency cup. 

White collar fans making bad investments just like in real life this time it was the Woody Ponzi scheme which lured you all into buying PSLs for a team that hasn't been to the Super Bowl since 1969 thats a smart man. 

Hows the view from your seats watching a 2-9 team do something thats a poor excuse for football. 

I won't invest in PSLs until a winning product is put on the field and that may take bringing back Mark Sanchez.

PSL's weren't any "investment". They were a $13 per game price increase, nothing more.

PSL's happened in May 2008. That's 7 years ago. Not like anyone is sitting around crying about $16,000 they spent back then, its less than the price of two vacations or a used car.

No PSL owner thought we'd have 30 winning seasons. Like any other fans of any other NFL team we commit to 20 lousy years so we can relish the 10 good ones.

Lastly, PSL's are a way of life in the NFL. Sorry you couldn't afford any. Attending live sporting events is a rich man's privalege, not a birthright.

SAR I

nope.  the point being the announcers only go skin deep and don't bother to discuss why he is playing so well and looks so different than when he was here

Most NFL teams that trade up to get a QB in the first round do the following:

1. Invest in young playmaking WR's who can develop with the young QB.

2. Bring in top-notch coordinators and coaches to nurture him.

3. Build an offense suited to his skillset.

4. Commit to him in a way to build his self-confidence and make him appear to be a team leader.

The New York Jets:

1. Brought in has-been scrub WR's and spent all the good FA money and draft picks on defense.

2. Carried over Brian Schottenheimer from the prior regime and hired Tony Sparano.

3. Continued to commit to Ground & Pound despite lousy OL and RB play.

4. Flirted with Peyton Manning and signed Tim Tebow.

The announcers were spot-on. Based on the quality of your posts tonight and the fact that it's a holiday, may I ask if you're drunk?

SAR I

PSL's weren't any "investment". They were a $13 per game price increase, nothing more.

PSL's happened in May 2008. That's 7 years ago. Not like anyone is sitting around crying about $16,000 they spent back then, its less than the price of two vacations or a used car.

No PSL owner thought we'd have 30 winning seasons. Like any other fans of any other NFL team we commit to 20 lousy years so we can relish the 10 good ones.

Lastly, PSL's are a way of life in the NFL. Sorry you couldn't afford any. Attending live sporting events is a rich man's privalege, not a birthright.

SAR I

It wasn't that I couldn't afford them I didnt want to afford them my money in the bank is earning me more interest than NY Jets PSLs.

Since 2008 what has this team won the Snoopy trophy? 

Attending live sporting events is great if the product on the field is worth the money time and investment. 

Enjoy the rest of the home games this season I'm sure the crowds will be good ones. 

Most NFL teams that trade up to get a QB in the first round do the following:

1. Invest in young playmaking WR's who can develop with the young QB.

2. Bring in top-notch coordinators and coaches to nurture him.

3. Build an offense suited to his skillset.

4. Commit to him in a way to build his self-confidence and make him appear to be a team leader.

The New York Jets:

1. Brought in has-been scrub WR's and spent all the good FA money and draft picks on defense.

2. Carried over Brian Schottenheimer from the prior regime and hired Tony Sparano.

3. Continued to commit to Ground & Pound despite lousy OL and RB play.

4. Flirted with Peyton Manning and signed Tim Tebow.

The announcers were spot-on. Based on the quality of your posts tonight and the fact that it's a holiday, may I ask if you're drunk?

SAR I

lol

can I ask if that act worked on JI ?

joewilly, don't take the bait bro.  don't give him the satisfaction

He needs to feel good and I need the humor of listening to a grown man make up excuses for wasting his money. 

Notice he didn't defend the pastrami sandwich and bathroom faucet water guys like him spend 0 at games and steal ketchup packs and napkins as well. 

joewilly, don't take the bait bro.  don't give him the satisfaction

It's fun to watch how poor old people and naive young people think. They paint a picture in their minds of how life must be for those who they do not understand, convince themeselves they have a clue.

Remember this: You don't need to worry about how rich people spend their fun money.

SAR I

It's fun to watch how poor old people and naive young people think. They paint a picture in their minds of how life must be for those who they do not understand, convince themeselves they have a clue.

Remember this: You don't need to worry about how rich people spend their fun money.

SAR I

thanks dad

SAR I

Fun money? So you think its fun going to MetLife to watch the Jets lose? 

It wasn't that I couldn't afford them I didnt want to afford them my money in the bank is earning me more interest than NY Jets PSLs.

Since 2008 what has this team won the Snoopy trophy? 

Attending live sporting events is great if the product on the field is worth the money time and investment. 

Enjoy the rest of the home games this season I'm sure the crowds will be good ones.

So, to summarize:

You're a disloyal Jets fan who is happy with the current quality level of the team because it proves you right for not spending money.

Those of us who have PSL's don't worry about the money because we have the money.

SAR I

lol

can I ask if that act worked on JI ?

I'm not on JI anymore. I'm on JN. Been here long enough to know what's what.

You wanted to see what life was like without Mark Sanchez? You got it. Happy? Last three seasons sitting well with you? Mark Sanchez was the problem, the reason we were so bad in '11 and '12? Like I said, you get what you deserve. Your big mouths and your Tweets and your call-in's and your message board posts. Awesome job setting us back a decade.

SAR I

He needs to feel good and I need the humor of listening to a grown man make up excuses for wasting his money. 

Notice he didn't defend the pastrami sandwich and bathroom faucet water guys like him spend 0 at games and steal ketchup packs and napkins as well. 

it is an odd thing to troll about, money.  I was raised that it is vulgar to discuss your money with anyone but your wife.  I guess money doesn't buy class.

He sounds like a lot of fun to go to a game with, lol

Archived