Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the first part about Kelly but not about the kast part with Sanchez.

Sanchez played under Schitty and Sparano in the least QB-friendly systems the NFL has seen in 20yrs. So to think Sanchez would be buttfumbling under any competent OC is highly suspect.

He's playing under a great offensive coach now and he still isn't good. Before this week's game he was 26th in DVOA. Foles has a DYAR 5.5 times higher on only twice as many throws in the same offense, and it's not like he's setting the world on fire himself. This week will improve the numbers some, but is anybody getting excited over 7.5 Y/A on 69% passing with a touchdown and not turning the ball over for once ever if we're talking about anyone besides Sanchez?

He's playing under a great offensive coach now and he still isn't good. Before this week's game he was 26th in DVOA. Foles has a DYAR 5.5 times higher on only twice as many throws in the same offense, and it's not like he's setting the world on fire himself. This week will improve the numbers some, but is anybody getting excited over 7.5 Y/A on 69% passing with a touchdown and not turning the ball over for once ever if we're talking about anyone besides Sanchez?

Oh stop it. It's not like anyone has overreacted to an outlier game by Sanchez before. Not on this forum. Ever. Between 2009 and 2012. Never happened.

He is not great but he played very well yesterday...anyone thinking that he didn't has their head in the sand

Oh stop it. It's not like anyone has overreacted to an outlier game by Sanchez before. Not on this forum. Ever. Between 2009 and 2012. Never happened.

Sanchez has had 2 "outlier" games out of 5 this season, the other against the Panthers.  Before the season's over, he'll likely have more "outlier" games.

300 yards passing in 3 of 4 games, 3-1 in those same games . I think any of us would gladly sign up for that . Kelly and his offensive system doesn't panic when they get turnovers like our HC does, they just keep passing to make up for the turnovers. But hey if its G&P helmet era football you want Rex is your man. 

Sanchez has had 2 "outlier" games out of 5 this season, the other against the Panthers.  Before the season's over, he'll likely have more "outlier" games.

Once in the playoffs, Mark Sanchez is money.

And as we clearly now know, the Philadelphia Eagles are making the playoffs.

SAR I

Y cant Jet fans be happy that sanchez is having success with another team? I hated him here and Im rooting for him

Remember it was Rexey's decision to put him in the 4th Qtr with the 4th stringers in a meaningless pre-season game. They blew him up like a cherry bomb.

Be happy for him, he endured quite a bit here. The butt fumble would have ended most careers.

Y cant Jet fans be happy that sanchez is having success with another team? I hated him here and Im rooting for him

Remember it was Rexey's decision to put him in the 4th Qtr with the 4th stringers in a meaningless pre-season game. They blew him up like a cherry bomb.

Be happy for him, he endured quite a bit here. The butt fumble would have ended most careers.

we can console ourselves with all the draft pick the jets got for him...

Sanchez v Brady and company (and Revis) in the play offs.

It's going to happen.

The NFC is weak and Chip Kelly is the best coach in it.

Gonna be hilarious

The Jets fan agony will be incredible. Sanchez starting playoff games the same week Rex is fired. Oh, the glory.

300 yards passing in 3 of 4 games, 3-1 in those same games . I think any of us would gladly sign up for that . Kelly and his offensive system doesn't panic when they get turnovers like our HC does, they just keep passing to make up for the turnovers. But hey if its G&P helmet era football you want Rex is your man.

4-1, 63% comp, 90 pass rating, two straight 70% games within 5 days, the second, in which he threw up a 102 qbr, he smacked up the Dallas Cowboys in a huge division game on Thanksgiving. Its probable the Eagles dont see Foles again....and since he brought the abyssmal dysfunction that we know as our NY Jets to within a game of the Super Bowl TWICE before he had hair on his nuts, then.........it could get very ugly very quickly for those in denial.

I'm trying to help, guys. Heal yourself now, it's only getting worse. lol This kid is a rising NFL star. smh lol

I liked him, thought he was a cool guy, got screwed, set up to get ridiculed and handled it with class, no Ryan Leif act. I knew he was good and knew, without a doubt he would have success, because he's that good. In fact, I was a Sanchez fan. Family got me the shirt, the f-in doll, the poster (really exagerrating and picking on how much Iiked him). I got dogged at games, on forums, but it was tougher seeing the kid get killed like he did, fallen so far from hardknocks.

I should really be ecstatic.........and right now Im not so sure a career ending injury isnt what Id like see. lol

Sorry, you don't get to play with me at night and then fabricate stuff and cry to the mods in the morning.

Make up your mind, let me know.

SAR I

I dont play and I don't cry to anyone must have me confused with someone who actually gives a sh*t about you.

Its all fun and games until somebody gets hurt and obviously you been hurt. Im all in on the Sanchez victory party. 

joewilly12 

I dont play and I don't cry to anyone must have me confused with someone who actually gives a sh*t about you.

Its all fun and games until somebody gets hurt and obviously you been hurt. Im all in on the Sanchez victory party.

I'm not hurt at all. Your post in another thread today indicated that I disturbed you greatly. If that's the case, stand clear of the closing doors. If that's not the case, man up and make a good argument.

SAR I

I'm still try to figure out what exactly about this performance should have even slightly changed anyone's previous opinions in either direction.

What did this tell us?  Mark Sanchez appears to be an inconsistent performer who has some very good games, and other very bad games... welcome to 2009 everyone.

On a side note, it's kind of amusing to see how much this thread is a near carbon copy of the Pennington/Dolphins debate circa 2008.

It's actually even a fairly a pretty similar layout of who falls on each side as well, outside of just a few folks who have essentially switched sides and are now ultimately relying on the same arguments they trashed in those days.

We will know know that we have finally reached the 7th ring of hell when we are all here on Feb the 1st about 9:30-10 at night and the confetti is floating down like snowflakes down onto the heads of Tom Brady and Bill Belichik who have just squeaked out a last second victory on an (as usual) pro-Patriot questionable Hail Mary Pass Interference call that caused the game to not end on a defensive penalty and Brady QB sneaks it in like Bart Starr beating the (before the last play SB MVP) Mark Sanchez led Eagles.

You guys KNOW this is what is going to happen-only us, only to us...

We will know know that we have finally reached the 7th ring of hell when we are all here on Feb the 1st about 9:30-10 at night and the confetti is floating down like snowflakes down onto the heads of Tom Brady and Bill Belichik who have just squeaked out a last second victory on an (as usual) pro-Patriot questionable Hail Mary Pass Interference call that caused the game to not end on a defensive penalty and Brady QB sneaks it in like Bart Starr beating the (before the last play SB MVP) Mark Sanchez led Eagles.

You guys KNOW this is what is going to happen-only us, only to us...

If that happens, do me a favor and call Dr. Jack for me.

Wait a minute... he is already dead.

Yes. They would. That's how the aggregate works.

This is why I went into law to avoid math.

Dumb this down for me using test grades. If a student has 4 As and 4 Cs, there are no outliers, right? Even if that student gets 3 As and 5 Cs there are no outliers. However, if the student has 1 A and 7 Cs, then the A is the outlier.

Sanchez has 2 A games in 5. If his good games equal his not good games then the good games cant be called outliers, right?

I'm still try to figure out what exactly about this performance should have even slightly changed anyone's previous opinions in either direction.

What did this tell us? Mark Sanchez appears to be an inconsistent performer who has some very good games, and other very bad games... welcome to 2009 everyone.

This is all true.

Sanchez doesnt look any different to me. This is the 2010 Sanchez with more weapons and better coaching. Im just trolling those who insist that Sanchez has always been awful.

Archived