What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

I like GGs articles but cannot stand the comment section.

I was at JI for a very very short time (weeks). Then I found this spot. The posters are good, as are the articles/columns/what have you...

Some personal rifts I have no idea about and either laugh or ignore. Aside from Twitter and a few GG articles here and there this is my go to site. Its the first page suggestion on Chrome for me too.

Have you tried NYJetsFanatics?

And don't forget all the spam from 3rd party organizations who Scout sold your email address to. I was flooded with them within 2 weeks of having been hoodwinked into signing up.

The spam doesn't have to say Scout on it to still have originated from an action taken by Scout.

Hoping that ****er gets what he deserves soon. What a scumbag of a human being.

Have you tried NYJetsFanatics?

is that place new? I just went to the site realk quick. I'd never heard of it, but judging by the small number of threads and posts I'm assuming its newish. I also noticed green jets and ham posts there. that must be fun, maybe EY should join up, lol

is that place new? I just went to the site realk quick. I'd never heard of it, but judging by the small number of threads and posts I'm assuming its newish. I also noticed green jets and ham posts there. that must be fun, maybe EY should join up, lol

Well kinda new. Been around 3 or 4 months now. I find the best part is the users there are very friendly. Most here are friendly too. But there are so many users here it's easy to feel lost in the crowd. Over there, with only 200-300 members it's easier for any given post to get noticed., 

Same here. I even unsubscribed from their newsletter bullsh*t but I keep getting mails from those spamming Scout turds.

I have deduced that the scout people are re uploading their email database, resubmitting those that have opted out. If you use a legit mail list service like mailchimp they won't re-add people who have opted out, but scouts email marketing is so large they probably run theirs in house and can just keep re-adding, which is illegal under spam laws.

• Upvote 1

Scoutcancer just destroyed another place (Raiders Messageboard):

I always said I wanted to open up Red Lobster's next to existing Red Lobster's because they were always so crowded.  Now I think staring message boards for the topics that Scout buys message boards on could be a good idea.

I like GGs articles but cannot stand the comment section.

I was at JI for a very very short time (weeks). Then I found this spot. The posters are good, as are the articles/columns/what have you...

Some personal rifts I have no idea about and either laugh or ignore. Aside from Twitter and a few GG articles here and there this is my go to site. Its the first page suggestion on Chrome for me too.

So glad to hear that.  Thank you!

Well kinda new. Been around 3 or 4 months now. I find the best part is the users there are very friendly. Most here are friendly too. But there are so many users here it's easy to feel lost in the crowd. Over there, with only 200-300 members it's easier for any given post to get noticed., 

We are very friendly here. If you don't agree I will punch you in the face.  Understand?  

JK.

I have deduced that the scout people are re uploading their email database, resubmitting those that have opted out. If you use a legit mail list service like mailchimp they won't re-add people who have opted out, but scouts email marketing is so large they probably run theirs in house and can just keep re-adding, which is illegal under spam laws.

Well, the head of marketing left so that is a very real possibility. They do run things in-house.  You are right when you use a 3rd party service like mail chimp, they are always checking you for quality assurance. When you run it on your own like scout, all bets are off.

So glad I didn't sign that damn NDA, I like talking about this stuff haha.

Well, the head of marketing left so that is a very real possibility. They do run things in-house.  You are right when you use a 3rd party service like mail chimp, they are always checking you for quality assurance. When you run it on your own like scout, all bets are off.

And we all appreciate the discussion.

How did you get them to disclose confidential information without signing a non-disclosure agreement?  I'm not doubting you I'm just wondering whether you had any leverage or whether their legal was super sloppy.

Unfortunately there isn't really anything one can do even though it's illegal. Unless I guess we all complain somewhere about it. But nobody bothers so scumbags like Sooth/Scout will always get away with these types of actions. They just figure people are too lazy to do something about it.

You write good posts. Just keep plugging away. Usually, the core group here only responds to awful posts. If yours are met with ambivalence, treat is like when a great white shark nudges your leg and swims off to find an injured sea lion.

• Upvote 2

PM me if you want some tips on how to get noticed.

• Upvote 3

You write good posts. Just keep plugging away. Usually, the core group here only responds to awful posts. If yours are met with ambivalence, treat is like when a great white shark nudges your leg and swims off to find an injured sea lion.

Ok, who hacked Tom's account?

Just read that post on scout. Why does he call it a JI sale? Board suckiness aside, it's confusing from a brand PoV. I type jetsinsider, am taken to scout, then see a sale for JI

I kept thinking there must have been a punch line or next step we weren't seeing with that move. Guess not

Thanks for the kind words. But I think the problem here is that the board can be so active at times that several posts are added to a thread very shortly after I make a post. So only folks who are actually active in that thread at the moment a post is made often are the only ones to see it. If several pages are added to a thread after the post lots of folks who may have found it worthy of reply may not even see it, not being interested enough in the thread to read through all the pages.

So what I am saying is the board can be so active at times that posts can get lost in all the activity. So there is something to be said for a smaller board like NYJF.

Thanks for the kind words. But I think the problem here is that the board can be so active at times that several posts are added to a thread very shortly after I make a post. So only folks who are actually active in that thread at the moment a post is made often are the only ones to see it. If several pages are added to a thread after the post lots of folks who may have found it worthy of reply may not even see it, not being interested enough in the thread to read through all the pages.

So what I am saying is the board can be so active at times that posts can get lost in all the activity. So there is something to be said for a smaller board like NYJF.

This board gives you a notification if somebody quotes your post. Did you know that?

If that was my site I would create like 400 fake accounts and post in that forum with them. People would pay for the VIP just to figure out what the hell was going on in there lol.

With all his expertise in that area, does this mean Alk can expect an email asking for his assistance in the near future?