Wipe Them Out......All Of Them

Warfish

jHG-wipe-them-out-meme.jpg

That's right, the time is fast approaching where this franchise needs to take a difficult and regrettable step.

Firings and cuts, genocide-style.

People who simply cannot, in any way, be associated with the New York Jets after the final whistle in 2014:

1. Rex Ryan.  Needs no explaination, but is a decent D-Co in over his head, and has failed here.  Likeable, passionate, yes......but not a Champion Head Coach material.  Not now, not ever. 

2. John Idzik.  Complete bust as a GM.  Does not deserve/has not earned the right to continue.  If he undercut Rex, he should be fired.  If he's incompetent, he should be fired.  There is no option 3.

3. Geno Smith.  A complete bust at the QB position, talentless, clueless, a clear cut "college-level" talent only.  It's not the talent around him, he simply has no talent.

4. Mike Vick.  Dogkiller is dogsh*t.  Nuff' said.

5. Terry Bradway.  Scouting talent has been at the core of the Jets failing throughout this man's tenure in New York.  He must go, and scouting be rebuilt from the ground up.

6. Anyone who has played CB this year.  Anyone who has dropped more than three passes (on D) that hit them in the chest.  **** sake, I could catch more INT's than these butter-stick-fingered losers.  So basically the entire D-backfield should probably be cut or replaced.

7. Everyone on the O-Line not named "Mangold".  Mangold remains one of the best Centers in the NFL.  Everyone else is pure dogsh*t in pass blocking.   They're tolerable on the run, but ffs, the NFL is a passing league and we can't block.....at all.

8. Any fan who wants to retain any of these people above.  Stop defending and accepting incompetence and failure and demand better.  After all these years, we deserve it.

A proverbial bloodbath must be coming.

Anything less will be utterly unacceptable.

7. Everyone on the O-Line not named "Mangold".  Mangold remains one of the best Centers in the NFL.  Everyone else is pure dogsh*t in pass blocking.   They're tolerable on the run, but ffs, the NFL is a passing league and we can't block.....at all.

I was with you until 7. The OL is fine. Good even, at least by the standards of the other OL in the league.  What you think is bad pass protection is really bad QBing. The ball has to leave early when the blitz comes. They lack QB play. The OL is more than enough to win with. There are many many teams without a Mangold who put up points every weekend. 

I was with you until 7. The OL is fine. Good even, at least by the standards of the other OL in the league.  What you think is bad pass protection is really bad QBing. The ball has to leave early when the blitz comes. They lack QB play. The OL is more than enough to win with. There are many many teams without a Mangold who put up points every weekend. 

disagree. what a bum qb needs more than anything in this league is a line that can pass block for him. we already know that the jets qb's are bums. the next jets qb is going to be a bum or a green rookie. build that line. sanchez won games in 09-10 with a nasty oline. not so much after that.

breno- low grade back up quality. not even average back up quality. completely wiffs 4-5 times a game. same sh*t in seattle

colon- below average penalty machine

mangold- beast

oboushi- looks somewhat respectable so far. 100x better than winters

brick- been watching his game slip week by week for a coupla years now. gets beat regularly.

cant win with this oline and a bum qb. deadly combination. with a great oline, you still have a chance to develop a bum qb. with this kinda oline, you will cut bums like geno every 2-3 years

at bare minimum, the entire right side must go next year. cut your losses with breno. the year after, find another left tackle

disagree. what a bum qb needs more than anything in this league is a line that can pass block for him. we already know that the jets qb's are bums. the next jets qb is going to be a bum or a green rookie. build that line. sanchez won games in 09-10 with a nasty oline. not so much after that.

breno- low grade back up quality. not even average back up quality. completely wiffs 4-5 times a game. same sh*t in seattle

colon- below average penalty machine

mangold- beast

oboushi- looks somewhat respectable so far. 100x better than winters

brick- been watching his game slip week by week for a coupla years now. gets beat regularly.

cant win with this oline and a bum qb. deadly combination. with a great oline, you still have a chance to develop a bum qb. with this kinda oline, you will cut bums like geno every 2-3 years

at bare minimum, the entire right side must go next year. cut your losses with breno. the year after, find another left tackle

i think you guys are agreeing on the problem but not the cure

I was with you until 7. The OL is fine. Good even, at least by the standards of the other OL in the league. What you think is bad pass protection is really bad QBing. The ball has to leave early when the blitz comes. They lack QB play. The OL is more than enough to win with. There are many many teams without a Mangold who put up points every weekend.

Gruden was echoing this. QB should be able to read the D and change to appropriate blocking call.

Gruden was echoing this. QB should be able to read the D and change to appropriate blocking call.

Gruden is an absolutely horrible booth guy, and MNF games are best served with the sound off.  For a Super Bowl HC, he sounds like a mouth breathing mental defective uttering inane and obvious tripe and tropes up there.

Gruden is an absolutely horrible booth guy, and MNF games are best served with the sound off. For a Super Bowl HC, he sounds like a mouth breathing mental defective uttering inane and obvious tripe and tropes up there.

He may be. But he can look at a play and know what is supposed to happen more than most fans.

That's right, the time is fast approaching where this franchise needs to take a difficult and regrettable step.

People who simply cannot, in any way, be associated with the New York Jets after the final whistle in 2014:

1. Rex Ryan.  Needs no explaination, but is a decent D-Co in over his head, and has failed here.  Likeable, passionate, yes......but not a Champion Head Coach material.  Not now, not ever. 

2. John Idzik.  Complete bust as a GM.  Does not deserve/has not earned the right to continue.  If he undercut Rex, he should be fired.  If he's incompetent, he should be fired.  There is no option 3.

3. Geno Smith.  A complete bust at the QB position, talentless, clueless, a clear cut "college-level" talent only.  It's not the talent around him, he simply has no talent.

5. Terry Bradway.  Scouting talent has been at the core of the Jets failing throughout this man's tenure in New York.  He must go, and scouting be rebuilt from the ground up.

6. Anyone who has played CB this year.  Anyone who has dropped more than three passes (on D) that hit them in the chest.  **** sake, I could catch more INT's than these butter-stick-fingered losers.  So basically the entire D-backfield should probably be cut or replaced.

8. Any fan who wants to retain any of these people above.  Stop defending and accepting incompetence and failure and demand better.  After all these years, we deserve it.

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Agree

4. Agree

5. Agree

6. Disagree...Walls is far from spectacular and shouldn't start every week, but a very good back-up for the price.  For an undrafted FA that joined the team a few weeks ago, Marcus Williams has looked pretty damn good.  He's really held  his own early on, I wouldn't give up on a young DB who shows promise that quickly.  If any fan base knows how important it is to have good CB's it's us, and he's shown enough to hang around for league min.  Despite being injury prone, you gotta' keep Milliner around. 

7. The line isn't great, but not as bad as they look at times.  When the QB holds on to the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL, it's going to make any O-line look terrible.

**correction, Austin Davis holds on to the ball for over 2.5 seconds more frequently than Geno, I hadn't checked that stat in a while.  Geno is now #2 in the NFL, holding on to the ball for over 2.5 seconds 58.9% of the time.

I have no problem with this

the cure is to fix both. obviously, the oline is a quicker fix than the qb. you cant have both units being bums. you get what we saw this year.garbage

yeah, i do want them to focus on the oline as well. a good oline can play well together for 10 years. that's a pretty big window to keep searching for a qb. but you do both at the same time. for the jets, the QB of the future will just happen one day. would be nice to not have an atrocious oline when he shows up... of course, it could be 30 years from now but at least a good oline gives you a running game and can prop up a journeyman QB

4. Mike Vick.  Dogkiller is dogshit.  Nuff' said.

6. Anyone who has played CB this year.  Anyone who has dropped more than three passes (on D) that hit them in the chest.  Fuck sake, I could catch more INT's than these butter-stick-fingered losers.  So basically the entire D-backfield should probably be cut or replaced.

7. Everyone on the O-Line not named "Mangold".  Mangold remains one of the best Centers in the NFL.  Everyone else is pure dogshit in pass blocking.   They're tolerable on the run, but ffs, the NFL is a passing league and we can't block.....at all.

I agree almost everywhere.  I would never condone wiping out fans.  :)

But for the oline, you can't start over completely.  This unit was opening some serious holes last night on the ground. Pass blocking is a concern. But they will end up keeping most of that group and once we get a QB that can stretch the field a bit, the online won't be our biggest problem.

6. Disagree...Walls is far from spectacular and shouldn't start every week, but a very good back-up for the price.  For an undrafted FA that joined the team a few weeks ago, Marcus Williams has looked pretty damn good.  He's really held  his own early on, I wouldn't give up on a young DB who shows promise that quickly.  If any fan base knows how important it is to have good CB's it's us, and he's shown enough to hang around for league min.  Despite being injury prone, you gotta' keep Milliner around. 

Agreed. Having depth like this to lean on in the future is valuable and shouldn't be overlooked. 

i would consider moving Giacomini to RG and let him compete for a job with Dozier or Winters or FA

Oday maybe serviceable as LG for now but he needs to compete with a FA (no more Winters please at LG)

We need a new RT - maybe with 1st pick if we cant get mariota

DBrick is serviceable for 1 more year.

No man. The o-line is a one trick pony. They can run block real well, but pass blocking is atrocious. Jets QB's have been pressured more quickly than most in the league and I am talking milliseconds after planting their plant foot. They are all spinning revolving doors and everyone NOT named Mangold should be replaced immediately. I don't know what games you are watching bitonti. I am saying this in defense of Geno because he stinks when he has ALL DAY to throw.

i would consider moving Giacomini to RG and let him compete for a job with Dozier or Winters or FA

Oday maybe serviceable as LG for now but he needs to compete with a FA (no more Winters please at LG)

We need a new RT - maybe with 1st pick if we cant get mariota

DBrick is serviceable for 1 more year.

The first round pick has got to be a QB. I like Bryce Petty of Baylor if the Jets are in the top five. Second and third round should be dedicated to offensive line help. They have a bunch of average, backup types that run block well, but are sieves in pass blocking. They will just get the next young QB killed if not upgraded.

I was with you until 7. The OL is fine. Good even, at least by the standards of the other OL in the league. What you think is bad pass protection is really bad QBing. The ball has to leave early when the blitz comes. They lack QB play. The OL is more than enough to win with. There are many many teams without a Mangold who put up points every weekend.

This. Last night was the perfect example. You see 7 guys coming, you have 6 blockers, the ball has to come out. 6 coming, 5 blockers, the ball has to come out. Happened over, and over, and over. Geno is just not reading the defense, and when he does have time, he's not making his progressions, as we saw in spades in his previous start.

Brick is past his prime, but serviceable. Not worth spending on a blue chip LT while we don't have a QB, and we have greater needs with our top draft picks. Mangold obviously stays. The others, I guess you see where you can upgrade, probably upgrade one and maybe shuffle a bit.

Brick is past his prime,  Mangold obviously stays. 

these guys came from the same draft class. Brick is only about halfway through his NFL career and probably will play longer than Mangold. he's long and quick footed he will play 20 years total like Lomas Brown. He's never going to be a dominator but he's not a problem.  In fact, he was the guy who sprung Greg Salas last night. Jets fans bad mouthing Brick is one of my pet peeves. He's from Babylon for Petes sake cut the local guy some slack.

these guys came from the same draft class. Brick is only about halfway through his NFL career and probably will play longer than Mangold. he's long and quick footed he will play 20 years total like Lomas Brown. He's never going to be a dominator but he's not a problem. In fact, he was the guy who sprung Greg Salas last night. Jets fans bad mouthing Brick is one of my pet peeves. He's from Babylon for Petes sake cut the local guy some slack.

I wasn't meaning to bad mouth him in saying he's past his prime. He's 30, I the league, what, 8 years? He's not as good in pass protection anymore, but still good/serviceable and a very effective run blocker. I don't think he's going play another 12 years, though. Not at LT anyway.

I wasn't meaning to bad mouth him in saying he's past his prime. He's 30, I the league, what, 8 years? He's not as good in pass protection anymore, but still good/serviceable and a very effective run blocker. I don't think he's going play another 12 years, though. Not at LT anyway.

ok but another 8 isn't out of the question. He's not past his prime, this is his prime. The dude is never hurt BTW it's not like he's all banged out. 

ok but another 8 isn't out of the question. He's not past his prime, this is his prime. The dude is never hurt BTW it's not like he's all banged out.

He's dependable/reliable back there, for sure. We've been spoiled, not having to think twice about LT or C for the last 8 years.

You may be right about D'Brick, I guess we'll see, if/when we get a QB back there making the right reads.

The offensive line is fine, getting tired of hearing Jet fans whine about how we need an entirely new line. Willie Colon is the player who will be upgraded and that's probably it. Aboushi has played phenominal and Brick/Mangold/Giacomini are going no where.

Head coaching change is coming, probably GM too. Get this team some quality leadership, a QB who throws it to his own team, and a pair of cornerbacks than can cover and the Jets are more than competitive next season.

The offensive line is fine, getting tired of hearing Jet fans whine about how we need an entirely new line. Willie Colon is the player who will be upgraded and that's probably it. Aboushi has played phenominal and Brick/Mangold/Giacomini are going no where.

Head coaching change is coming, probably GM too. Get this team some quality leadership, a QB who throws it to his own team, and a pair of cornerbacks than can cover and the Jets are more than competitive next season.

Great post. Totally agree.

Archived