Marvez: Dan Quinn will be next Jets head coach

Jetfan13

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. The Jets would be making a mistake by taking Quinn. ALSO, Quinn would be making a mistake going to the jets. Huh?

Maybe we should show this guy our 4-12 record with 2 out of 12 draft picks on the team. 

You guys really need to read things before you comment...

He didn't say the Jets were making a mistake - he said Quinn is making a mistake because the ridiculous media and bafoon of an owner...

6 superbowls over the last 15 years...

Belly, Coughlin, Dungy are three that come off the top of my head..

I would take those odds.

Yes but Dungy had a winning record with the Bucs and fell into a great situation in Indy with Manning. 

Coughlin also had a winning record and did an excellent job with the expansion Jaguars.

Their resumes were a lot better than the candidates out there right now. 

You guys really need to read things before you comment...

He didn't say the Jets were making a mistake - he said Quinn is making a mistake because the ridiculous media and bafoon of an owner...

K

Screw the Jets, they'd be making another huge mistake taking Quinn when they really need to fix their O.

Yes but Dungy had a winning record with the Bucs and fell into a great situation in Indy with Manning. 

Coughlin also had a winning record and did an excellent job with the expansion Jaguars.

Their resumes were a lot better than the candidates out there right now. 

I was asked a question and answered it...

How about how many DC's turned first time HC"s have won superbowls in the past 15 years?

Woody has almost certainly seen this and likely many others....He manages this team like a PR department - it does what's best for the image and not necessarily what's best for the team.  Quinn is a nice, easy choice....

You really think Woody was swayed by a poll with 302 votes in it?

MM was all Rex (was there really any doubt?):

Idzik’s arrival came on the same day Coach Rex Ryan made the most critical decision of his tenure, choosing Marty Mornhinweg, who spent the previous 10 seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles, as the team’s offensive coordinator. The Jets, who went 6-10 this season, lost nine members of their coaching staff in the last three weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/sports/football/jets-select-john-idzik-general-manager-and-marty-mornhinweg-as-offensive-coordinator.html?_r=0

Oh, you are right.  we had no GM when they hired him.

There are actually many people that simply didn't want another first time HC - DC....

I think it's actually a very reasonable disappointment.

I know I, for one, was good with Kubiak or Marrone

Good idea...let's restrict it to guys who have been head coaches and quit or were fired

Head coaches promoted from jobs as assistants who were NOT head coaches already

Lombardi

Noll

Gibbs

Parcells

Flores

Ditka

Walsh

Seuffert

Madden

Gruden

Hundreds of others

This is less than a coin flip right now.

It's definitely less than a coin flip.  Most (all?) coaching candidates have serious flaws.  And in fact most new coaches don't work out.  :shrug:  Saying that (any) new coach won't work out is just betting the chalk.

Good idea...let's restrict it to guys who have been head coaches and quit or were fired

Head coaches promoted from jobs as assistants who were NOT head coaches already

Lombardi

Noll

Gibbs

Parcells

Flores

Ditka

Walsh

Seuffert

Madden

Gruden

Hundreds of others

Yes, I never said it was the only way to go...it's just what I was hoping for -

I am tired of 1st time HC/DC ----

I'm disappointed in the move - but certainly not bashing the guy.

Sounds like they like Quinn but believe in the organizational structure they have in place. Can you blame them? It's like how most of us felt when Pettine left. Next man up will get the job done.

This isn't like Marrone where Bills fans were happy to see him leave.

Also, seems like Carrol puts in time to try to get his assistants to a position where they can move up and out. They're probably used to it by now.

Archived