Maccagnan to be Jets GM: Rappoport

T0mShane

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

breaking news, lol

I really hope they hire him a contract guy, I don't think he has shown he should be given total control of the whole operation

Rumor has it that Quinn wants to work with the old GM from Tampa Bay. I forget his name but he was known as a good cap guy. He could be in the mix once Quinn is hired as head coach.

Glad we finally have a GM. I hope he is included in the process of hiring/selecting a HC.  Even though there has been no official announcement from the team, I'm sure he is already operating as GM.  The NFL does not want announcements of this nature on game days.  The Jets will make the official announcement tomorrow.

breaking news, lol

I really hope they hire him a contract guy, I don't think he has shown he should be given total control of the whole operation

I have a little faith in Casserly and Wolf coming to the conclusion on Maccagnon. I'll really just be grateful to get away from the accountant as GM massacres we've had around here for way too long. Finding a guy who can handle the maths isn't a huge deal.

I have a little faith in Casserly and Wolf coming to the conclusion on Maccagnon. I'll really just be grateful to get away from the accountant as GM massacres we've had around here for way too long. Finding a guy who can handle the maths isn't a huge deal.

He was the 3rd or 4th choice.....hopefully it works out.  

Idzik really killed this franchise.   You aren't supposed to have rebuild twice in 3 years.  

He was the 3rd or 4th choice.....hopefully it works out.  

Idzik really killed this franchise.   You aren't supposed to have rebuild twice in 3 years.

What makes you say that? I don't think you can count a guy like DeCosta, who was never going anywhere. They seemed to zero in on Maccagnon pretty quickly. He's a Casserly protégé, and Wolf gave a fast stamp of approval.

+1 on Idzik.

It's got the Casserly-Wolf stamp on it so I'm happy with it. Cimini was on with Bill Daughtry yesterday and said that the general opinion of Maccagnan is that he has a great eye for talent, but doesn't come off as an alpha male executive-type. FWIW

I'm willing to give this a shot, change things up a bit, maybe this whole "eye for talent" thing has something to it.

It's got the Casserly-Wolf stamp on it so I'm happy with it. Cimini was on with Bill Daughtry yesterday and said that the general opinion of Maccagnan is that he has a great eye for talent, but doesn't come off as an alpha male executive-type. FWIW

That's what I've heard too. Of course Mehta immediately jumps to the John Idzik comparison, but we're above that.

This team could use less corporate mentality, the "cover-your-ass" way of doing things hasn't gotten us anywhere.

What makes you say that? I don't think you can count a guy like DeCosta, who was never going anywhere. They seemed to zero in on Maccagnon pretty quickly. He's a Casserly protégé, and Wolf gave a fast stamp of approval.

This guy is a great hire for the Jets.

Many Texans fans are pissed and thought Maccagnan should have been the GM over Rick Smith.

He is an excellent talent evaluator and just look how many Texans players who have been drafted in the mid-to-late rounds turned out to be significant contributors.

Jets need a GM who can build a roster, not another bean counter.

Schefter just said on air that the Jets, including Maccagnan, Woody, etc, were ready to fly to Seattle last night if the Seahawks lost to hire him, and that there's some concern that the Dolphins might sneak in on Quinn due to the Tannenbaum connection.

+1 on Idzik.

This is why I'm happy that he's the guy (presumably) This seems to be the guy they focused on from the very start as you mentioned, if Cass and Wolf think he's the right man for the job theres no way I can say they're wrong, until proven otherwise. 

Archived