Demarco Murray to the Jets...?

CobraVerde

That was a bad offer the cowboys gave him.I say we drum up some noise. We got the cash and the roster spots so why not? Is this something the Big Macc would do?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000458473/article/demarco-murray-dallas-cowboys-disagree-on-value

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/01/13/new-york-jets-should-pursue-demarco-murray-via-free-agency/

No thanks. He's good, but his production last season was a product of the best offensive lines in football. Plus he fumbles. I would never commit the kind of money Murray will get to a RB. We've done well signing or trading for another teams RB; Curtis Martin, Thomas Jones, Chris Ivory, but maybe a good rule of thumb would be not to bring on a RB already with milage on them from another team. You can get a good RB in the middle of a draft.

I'll give you all the fumbles but as far as mileage i beg to differ. Murray had an insane stat all year that his + yard average was before contact. So the dude was getting hit in the secondary most of the time. The Oline i dont see why we couldnt bring in the right players to sure up the line. Brick and Mangold are old but still produce. I'd def draft a center though, mangold seems to have a hold your breath moment every year now.

the real issue would be the contract. he wants to be the highest paid rb and that position is too iffy to give a big contract to...but then again would you take Adrian Peterson if you could?

I'll give you all the fumbles but as far as mileage i beg to differ. Murray had an insane stat all year that his + yard average was before contact. So the dude was getting hit in the secondary most of the time. The Oline i dont see why we couldnt bring in the right players to sure up the line. Brick and Mangold are old but still produce. I'd def draft a center though, mangold seems to have a hold your breath moment every year now.

the real issue would be the contract. he wants to be the highest paid rb and that position is too iffy to give a big contract to...but then again would you take Adrian Peterson if you could?

No one is arguing he isn't a great player. Just not worth the coin he will command.

And, speaking of Adrian Peterson, there is a good chance he will be available, and YES, I would go there.

We've actually been spoiled as of late that our RBs don't commit that many turnovers. I think that one year Thomas Jones led the league in rushing TDs, he had maybe 1 fumble all year which was phenomenal. The thought of whatever QB we put back there next year plus Murray teaming up to turn the ball over is just terrifying.

That was a bad offer the cowboys gave him.I say we drum up some noise. We got the cash and the roster spots so why not? Is this something the Big Macc would do?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000458473/article/demarco-murray-dallas-cowboys-disagree-on-value

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/01/13/new-york-jets-should-pursue-demarco-murray-via-free-agency/

Why do you want him. Forget the fumbles for a second . a ball carrier who has carried as much as Demarco Murray has this year,( over used) his numbers the following season usually going to way down. The Cowboys know this, and there is a reason why they are low balling him.

You want to sign the running back who's coming off a season where he saw a Zillion carries?  ahhhhhh no. Jacksonville is calling you Murray. 

I'll take Gurley in the draft, pair him up with Ivory and enjoy smashing NFL rushing records for the next half a decade.

Why do you want him. Forget the fumbles for a second . a ball carrier who has carried as much as Demarco Murray has this year,( over used) his numbers the following season usually going to way down. The Cowboys know this, and there is a reason why they are low balling him.

Exactly.

Knowing he was an impending free agent gave the Cowboys carte blanche to run him into the ground.

Archived