Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

Namath completed less than 50% of his passes and threw more INTS than TDs on his sole SB run.

Impossible

Different rules back then, DB's could mug a WR, no 5 yd chuck rule, and QBs were not protected, Brady wouldn't last 2 weeks back in real football days.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different rules back then, DB's could mug a WR, no 5 yd chuck rule, and QBs were not protected, Brady wouldn't last 2 weeks back in real football days.

This.

But you do know that the Patsy fans you are telling this too weren't even a twinkle in their Daddy's eyes yet., in those days.

This.

But you do know that the Patsy fans you are telling this too weren't even a twinkle in their Daddy's eyes yet., in those days.

I was 11 in 1969, I venture to say most Pats fan did not exist since 2000, so they have existed for less than 15 yrs

Namath completed less than 50% of his passes and threw more INTS than TDs on his sole SB run.

Impossible

I was born in 1947. I saw every single game that Joe Namath ever played. Virtually every single pass he threw was between 18-60 yards downfield. No dump offs for Joe and Jets were not a screen pass team. And besides that, he took a physical beating after the play. Roughing the passer and other personal fouls were hardly called. Additionally, wide receivers were mugged down the field.

Completely different game back then.

Is this seriously your thing now? Questioning someone's education because you don't agree with them over and over again. Grow the **** up.

seriously patsfantx needs to be banned at this point. he has reverted back to his former state of complete troll who takes to insulting various jets fan posters here. he adds absolutely zero value to the board. he is just a troll who comes by to be an immature douche

Namath completed less than 50% of his passes and on his sole SB  trun.hrew more INTS than TDs

Impossible

So did Phil Simms on the 14-2 Giant team that won the Bowl.. Namath played before all the rule changes Brady would have been dead if he played when you could really tee off on QB's and CB's could do about anything to W/R's..

I was born in 1947. I saw every single game that Joe Namath ever played. Virtually every single pass he threw was between 18-60 yards downfield. No dump offs for Joe and Jets were not a screen pass team. And besides that, he took a physical beating after the play. Roughing the passer and other personal fouls were hardly called. Additionally, wide receivers were mugged down the field.

This right here.

Even Pats fans cannot diminish what Namath accomplished.

He completely revolutionized the passing game in the NFL.

Impossible

If Namath or Unitas played under 2015 rules, they'd both throw for 5000 yards and 30 TDs a season. It's not entirely fair to compare era, and there wasn't really anything like West Coast offense, though the ealry 1970s with the Bengals is where Walsh started doing that. . Further if you trade Terry Bradshaw for Namath around 1974 Namath probably  wins another2 or 4 Super Bowls with that Steeler cast. Weeb Eubank got really cheap, which is how you deal away a besat like HoFer John Riggins for nothing really.

That's why I can't fully accept that the great QBs of this era are so much better than QBs from the past. Statistically, they blow many of them away. And yes, the players are more freakishly athletic today.

But the rules are so skewed in favor of the offense now. Domed stadiums, pass interference and holding calls for the most minute amount of contact, and roughing the passer calls for looking at the QB the wrong way. Not to mention receivers often get away with blatant push-offs.

In the old days, games were played in the elements, receivers routinely were mugged, and QBs took beatings.

A p*ssy like Brady (flailing his arms at the refs every time he gets hit) never would have made it in the NFL of yester-year.

"If Namath played today" one of two things would have happened.

1. No one ever heard of him, because he was hurt, hurt and hurt again in those weak ass knees of his, and never got off a practice squad.  He's Sam Bradford.

2. He's the most famous average QB in the history of Football, reality TV show star, Rapper-like Cult of Personality and Entourage, known for his good looks, not his good passes, adverts for trendy Alcohols, etc, etc, etc.  His off-field >>>>>> his on field.

Namath was an average talent at the right time in history to milk it for all it's worth.  Any other era, he's a footnote football-wise.

1. No one ever heard of him, because he was hurt, hurt and hurt again in those weak ass knees of his, and never got off a practice squad. He's Sam Bradford.

2. He's the most famous average QB in the history of Football, reality TV show star, Rapper-like Cult of Personality and Entourage, known for his good looks, not his good passes, adverts for trendy Alcohols, etc, etc, etc. His off-field >>>>>> his on field.

Namath was an average talent at the right time in history to milk it for all it's worth. Any other era, he's a footnote football-wise.

Fish, were you around to watch Namath play?

If Namath was being followed and phone's were bugged means nothing.

The Mob knew about everything that you've brought up.They too were followed and didn't do business on the phone unless they wanted to go to jail.

would you rather be investigated by hoover or goodell ?  

you are grasping at straws.  get a clue

1. No one ever heard of him, because he was hurt, hurt and hurt again in those weak ass knees of his, and never got off a practice squad.  He's Sam Bradford.

2. He's the most famous average QB in the history of Football, reality TV show star, Rapper-like Cult of Personality and Entourage, known for his good looks, not his good passes, adverts for trendy Alcohols, etc, etc, etc.  His off-field >>>>>> his on field.

Namath was an average talent at the right time in history to milk it for all it's worth.  Any other era, he's a footnote football-wise.

I think you are looking at stats only.  he had a once in a lifetime arm.  there was nothing average about joe.  bear bryant called him the best athlete he ever saw and most football people say he had the perfect football delivery

are you trolling here ?

Would you trust a guy leading the investigation who wears a bra and panties?

sure, a nut job like that is going to get his man !  He went after presidents, he thought he was above the law.  That guy is going to find dirt if there is any

goodell works for his mentor and assistant commisioner, krafty

no comparison.  surviving a hoover investigation means you are clean.  surviving a goodell investigation for kraft is about as hard as the past* balls in pre-game

SNL hasn't been funny for a while.

But what this does show is the Patriots, Belichick and Brady are a national joke.

it's amazing, and the overall theme of the SNL bit being belicheat threw brady under the bus and brady threw the equipment manager under the bus and nobody believes them.  they are literally a punchline to a joke

SNL hasn't been good in a while. Key & Peele are where it's at.

I didn't even recognize one regular on the show.  I've caught bits and pieces of key and peele I'll try to check them out txs

Archived