Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy leading the shrinking balls investigation used to work for the Jets.

It always comes back to the Jets someway, somehow.

LOL.... Getting in a few discredit the message bearer body blows in advance.  Nobody will be buying it PR

few interesting facts coming out saying starting in 2010 Pats have led league in less fumbles every year by very big margin (easier to hold on to ball for RB when deflated especially in cold conditions). Other fact is report cites 6 Past who has HUGE % fumble differences as Pats , yet tema before or after Pats they went back to normal NFL fumble %. Too much smoke = fire IMHO

How many times have the Pats recovered their own fumbles? Is that information in your "I heard this" about the Pats post?

"If Namath played today" one of two things would have happened.

1. No one ever heard of him, because he was hurt, hurt and hurt again in those weak ass knees of his, and never got off a practice squad. He's Sam Bradford.

2. He's the most famous average QB in the history of Football, reality TV show star, Rapper-like Cult of Personality and Entourage, known for his good looks, not his good passes, adverts for trendy Alcohols, etc, etc, etc. His off-field >>>>>> his on field.

Namath was an average talent at the right time in history to milk it for all it's worth. Any other era, he's a footnote football-wise.

Like someone said earlier, Namath was an incredible athlete before the injured knee, I remember one of his friends telling about what an amazing basketball player he was...He was reverse dunking when he was in high school before people had even seen or heard about such a thing.

Yep, this is total BS.

Jets fans hijacking a totally good thread about how the Pats are cheating to discuss a QB who last played over 4 decades ago.

Please stay on topic.

I'm the new guy and sometimes I think you're a d%$k. Sometimes I think you're funny.

This is one of the funny times.

After the Jets beat the Pats in 2006 at Foxboro in the rain. They ripped the grass out..and the bizarre home streak began after that.

I was at that game. Pennington! Mangini!!!

Look up the Pats home and away record since 1994. It will blow your mind!

The penalties imposed Thursday on the Denver Broncos for violations of the league's rules regarding the disclosure of deferred compensation to players and the salary cap were the second sanctions against the team for similar infractions in less than three years.

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The penalties were set in an agreement between the league, the Players Association and the Broncos and resolve a case against the team brought before the sport's special master by the NFL's

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

The penalties imposed Thursday on the Denver Broncos for violations of the league's rules regarding the disclosure of deferred compensation to players and the salary cap were the second sanctions against the team for similar infractions in less than three years.

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The penalties were set in an agreement between the league, the Players Association and the Broncos and resolve a case against the team brought before the sport's special master by the NFL's

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

Wait....they are being punished for something that happened 19 years ago???  No statute of limitations in the NFL?  Let's go back and punish BB for filming the Rams walkthrough.

Yea, I'm sure 2 pounds of PSI will turn Brady into Geno Smith.

Hey Assmop, with everything going on this week, how did the Pats go from +3 underdogs to -1 favorites?????

I can answer that, the mobsters see how badly that the "league" and the commissioner NEED the Patriots to win next Sunday so as to make it seem like they didn't need to under inflate the balls so Vegas being the best criminals around can easily recognize a game being run. They see what is happening with Inflate-gate (nothing) and did some recalculating, the the 4 points. There will be some outrageous calls next week, good thing I ain't watching it or my  blood pressure would be zooming.  Here's hoping Brady gets sacked and misses the 2015 season 

Let's look at the evidence:

1. You have a coach that has already been caught cheating and who is known to push the envelope on other rules so that they are in the gray area.

2. They were already caught using illegal footballs that weren't inflated to proper NFL specs at game time.

3. Tom Brady's stats go up after the 2007 rule change while other QBs stats seem unaffected. Prior to the rule change, Brady's QBR was around 88 and after it was around 100 while Manning's was 99 and 101 (respectively). 

4. Patriots** fumble rate goes down after the 2007 rule change.

Any reasonable person would conclude that the underinflated game balls are a big reason why the Patriots** are so good.

I can answer that, the mobsters see how badly that the "league" and the commissioner NEED the Patriots to win next Sunday so as to make it seem like they didn't need to under inflate the balls so Vegas being the best criminals around can easily recognize a game being run. They see what is happening with Inflate-gate (nothing) and did some recalculating, the the 4 points. There will be some outrageous calls next week, good thing I ain't watching it or my  blood pressure would be zooming.  Here's hoping Brady gets sacked and misses the 2015 season

Does the mob dictate your playlist each weekend?

Absolutely hilarious- these people are delusional!

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/jets-connection-appearing-deflategate-probe

As the Deflategate investigation continues, scrutiny on the Patriots will soon lead to questions about what prompted the investigation in the first place.

Who suspected subterfuge? Who pushed the league to gather evidence? Was the motivation simply a principled, “integrity of the game” platform or was it an attempt to settle old scores?

Earlier this week, we pointed out the possible motivation of the Ravens and Colts. It’s all laid out here.

Those are two of the Patriots most bitter conference rivals, having played against the Patriots in a total of nine playoff games since 2003 with the Patriots going 6-3 in those games.

The only other rival with similar bitterness? The New York Jets.

The NFL man on-site to start the investigation in the AFC Championship was Mike Kensil. He is the NFL Vice President of Game Operations. You may remember him as the gentleman John Harbaugh took his frustration out on during the Super Bowl power outage in 2012. Harbaugh later apologized. He does that a lot.

Before rising to the league level, Kensil was the Jets director of operations for nearly 20 years. His tenure overlapped Bill Parcells (and Bill Belichick’s) time with the Jets and he would have been part of the Jets front office incensed by Belichick’s 2000 resignation as Jets head coach

Kensil’s tenure with the Jets ended in 2006, the same year Belichick disciple Eric Mangini became head coach of the Jets.

Multiple sources have indicated that Kensil is the driving force behind the investigation and that his interest in deflated balls did not begin in January but actually began earlier in the year.

Kensil’s professional reputation is strong and people I’ve spoken to have described him as having strong integrity.

That Jets connection, though, certainly hints at a preexisting judgment of Belichick and the Patriots that could, conceivably, be a motivating factor in the league’s dogged pursuit.

Just how much do the Jets revile New England?

Former Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff unloaded on New England in a phone interview with the Toronto Sun this week, saying, “If it’s anybody that walks the edge on the rules, it’s these guys,” Westhoff said. “Sometimes they remind me a little bit of Enron — they’re always the smartest guys in the room, until some day maybe they’re not. That’s how I feel about them.”

Westhoff was the Jets’ special teams coach from 2001 to 2012.

He asked, “Did they do it? I honestly don’t think they did. To tell you the truth, I’m not so sure they’re not sitting around today thinking, ‘I wish we’d thought this up,’ knowing them."

Westhoff doesn’t like even helping New England in this way, however.

“As much as I hate to, I’m going to defend them,” Westhoff said. “And trust me, I hate to defend them. (Spygate) was only a part of it. The number of things that were like this? There’s only a handful of them that have been made public.

“Trust me, what I’m tellin’ you. There are quite a few others. Clock violations. You can go on and on. There’s a whole s---load.”

Tom E. Curran serves as Comcast SportsNet's NFL Insider. Read m

Archived