bust = Dee Milliner

kmnj

another genius pick by our previous GM-hard to imagine a guy that had 12 surgeries in college could not stay healthy in the pros where the players are bigger faster and stronger-feel bad for the guy and hope he can get healthy but it appears he has a long road ahead of him

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol They NEVER got CBs for Rex!  Take the top rated CB in the draft. They drafted an injured guy!!!  He is certainly not a bust yet.  The new regime is going about it the right way.  We hpe the guy turns out, we are not ditching him but we are not counting on him.

Most of the users here loved the pick of Milner since he was an Alabama product and hyped up. Also we have many users who really don't watch College Football like myself and rely on experts. I did not want Milner and that is the truth. I watch many games and he was an average cornerback but why I did not want to draft him was his injury history. He had 5 injuries before he got drafted and knew he was not going to be on the field when he became a Jet. So what does the Jets do last year. They draft an injured cornerback who only played a few games. Now you know why we have a new GM.

Agreed. Let's not forget that even when he played, he was benched twice. I don't think he should be cut, because Ithink he could be a used in nickel and dime packages instead of another draft bust, Kyle Wilson (even with Milliner's problems, he's still better than Kyle Wilson).

I am rooting for McDougle but him returning and being effective is a long shot. He's coming off of a season ending ACL and has yet to go through a full NFL training camp.

That leaves two starting CBs and at least two more to go

another genius pick by our previous GM-hard to imagine a guy that had 12 surgeries in college could not stay healthy in the pros where the players are bigger faster and stronger-feel bad for the guy and hope he can get healthy but it appears he has a long road ahead of him

Really?  12 surgeries?

My god some of the new posters are unbearible

Hindsight being 20/20 .... We could have just kept Revis and used the #9 pick on Richardson. But, it's easier said after the fact.

I hated the Milliner pick from the first day. When he wasn't healthy enough for OTA's.... I was worried. However he held up well his rookie year. If we look at him as an extra piece and don't count on him to be a starter, he could end up being a surprise and contribute a lot in 2015. We just can't put all of our eggs in that damaged basket.

Or the other one!

The good news is that management is acting like Milliner will not be available....anything he adds is like a bonus.  This is great because last year the old regime just assumed Miliner was a shutdown corner to be and addressed the CB position with a pennies instead of dollars.  I think we will target one of the best CB's available and then go after another decent one.  They will still address a CB in the draft at some point. Miliner and McDoogle will become depth chart  players until proven otherwise and if they ever live up to their potential then we have a good situation on our hands.

This is wishful thinking. 

Sanchez was a reach if not for the nonstop hope/hype given to a lot of lesser QB prospects just because they're QBs. For a long time he was expected to go in the 16-20 range and quite a lot of people still had him down there.

Bull. A lot of people had Washington trading into the Top Ten to draft him. He was expected to go Top Ten.

Most of the users here loved the pick of Milner since he was an Alabama product and hyped up. Also we have many users who really don't watch College Football like myself and rely on experts. I did not want Milner and that is the truth. I watch many games and he was an average cornerback but why I did not want to draft him was his injury history. He had 5 injuries before he got drafted and knew he was not going to be on the field when he became a Jet. So what does the Jets do last year. They draft an injured cornerback who only played a few games. Now you know why we have a new GM.

Revis for Milliner plus a 4th. Think about it.

Archived