Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets had the 3rd ranked running offense and the 32nd ranked passing offense, they had enough players like Decker, harvin, kerly and amaro to at least be semi helpful to a QB.  Geno simply missed too many plays when they were there and worse turned if over at the worst time.  One could put up with pedestrian td and 5 numbers if the player does not throw bad ints and fumble at critical times.

Fitzpatrick is no super gem at ball security either but this team just has to limit turnovers the last 5 years we have had QBing that just kills the rest if the team by ill timed pics and fumbles/

I can't believe anyone here is feeling that Fitz is a big improvement over anyone. I'm not even certain he wins a QB competition with Geno.

Remember Geno and the offense were non factors partially because of the HC , sure he had lots of turnovers , but like you said Fitz had his share and if he played in the Rex/MM system I'm not so sure they wouldn't have approached Geno levels.

And when do we think we are selecting Gordon?   Not at #6 and he wont be around for our pick in the 2nd.

To me it looks definitely like we're going to trade down. Whether it's for a pass rusher or maybe even Gordon. I don't really see a pass rusher that is miles ahead of the rest of the group, it's kind of a crapshoot. There are about 5 legit 1st round talents, nobody knows how each of them will turn out. So you might as well trade down, grab an extra 2nd round pick and then pick whoever is left late in the 1st. Or Gordon. Or one of the receivers. And so on. I don't really see the value there at 6. There's nobody really that is a must have, that we can't possibly pass on. And looking at the Eagles and Chip Kelly, he'll do everything he can to get Mariota if he's there at 6.

And who exactly were the Jets equivalents of Foster, Hopkins and Johnson last year . Looking simply at stats doesn't paint the full picture.

Still need another RB but i'd take Decker & Marshall over Johnson + Hopkins

I can't believe anyone here is feeling that Fitz is a big improvement over anyone. I'm not even certain he wins a QB competition with Geno.

Remember Geno and the offense were non factors partially because of the HC , sure he had lots of turnovers , but like you said Fitz had his share and if he played in the Rex/MM system I'm not so sure they wouldn't have approached Geno levels.

The numbers don't lie. Facts are stubborn things. Fitz is better.

I will counter by saying I can't believe anyone would think that Geno is a better alternative to a vet qb even with some problems.  Geno has had multiple chances to show improvement.  He utterly failed in that regard last year.  Our low risk run 1st offense was the perfect chance for him to do so.  He is a suspect, not a prospect.

Chip just pretty much shot down any Marcus Mariota trades. As much as I think he ****ed up this week, he stood up and took all those questions and answered them with confidence.

At this point, I will definitely talk to Cleveland and see how serious they are regarding moving up to #6 for either Kevin White, Cooper, or one of the LBs.

I think it's time to get a dominant RB.

I've seen a few mocks which have him falling to round 2.

Still not convinced about Kelly going with "glass man" I believe he intends to get marriota.

He only brings in Oregon guys. at the most important position he will not be trusting some guy who'se injury prone.

Cleveland may still be in the mix at 12.

I'm not believing a word Chip says about Marriota. If he says publicly that they are interested in trading up, then there's the potential for them to get taken to the cleaners in a trade, if he says no like he did today, the negotiations aren't as desperate. I still think Chip will trade Bradford and the Eagles 1st for Marriota if it comes to it. 

Cleveland no doubt?

You would think.  I can't imagine that we were the party dumb enough to do it.

Or, he could just be bluffing to get the trade value on Bradford up before the draft.  Or to try to make the fanbase think that Bradford is in demand to try to get them to put the pitchforks away.

I don't believe Chip when he said someone offered him a 1st. If a team did, then it has to be Cleveland.

Why couldn't Cleveland just call the Rams and offered them that deal? It's not like Bradford contributed to the Rams last year. I don't think its the Titans, because they are not dumb enough to offer the 2nd overall pick for him when they are essentially gauranteed either Winston or Mariota.

Just give Cromartie 2 years already. What's the damn dilemma? He wants to be here. He makes the team better. He wants a little more security. We want a CB. I hate the age argurments.

The SF Giants signed Tim Hudson and Jake Peavy and they both won a championship last year.

The whole argument of vet fillers being past their prime is ridiculous sometimes. Everyone can't be 21 years old on the team.

I think what's telling is that condition thing with if Bradford plays blah blah blah. And how many games. I believe the Eagles pay less if he doesn't play a snap for them. The wording I find funny because maybe chip knows he is never playing a snap and the draft pick compensation will be less

Clicked on Mehtas Link.  If true this is beautiful

The framework of the deal, which will become official after Brian Hoyer signs with the Texans, is that the Jets will send a 2016 conditional seventh-round pick to Houston in exchange for Fitzpatrick, according to a source. The conditional draft pick can become a sixth-rounder based on Fitzpatrick’s playing time. 

Conditional 7th upgrades to a 6th depending on playtime.  Brilliant and little to no risk.  Losing picks in teh last 2 rounds are meaningless.  This is the best way to use your 6ths and 7ths imo.

Archived