Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly!  Instead, we're just watching all the beasts get signed.  I mean, this guy cant get a single FA to sign with the Jets...with all this money?  I though Todd Bowles was universally loved?  Just another Head Coach and GM in over their heads for my beloved Jets.

Too early to panic.  FA hasn't started yet.  But we do seem to be interested in a lot of guys and haven't signed them.

Revis, Cro and Lupati are still out there - if we land those three and some quality, young, additions - it'll be a good job.

Just read Eagles are in pursuit of Tramon Williams too.

I think the Eagles have been linked to about 80% of the players being talked about right now. Pretty absurd and unrealistic. 

I honestly am really starting to think Chip is in over his head. 

Exactly! Instead, we're just watching all the beasts get signed. I mean, this guy cant get a single FA to sign with the Jets...with all this money? I though Todd Bowles was universally loved? Just another Head Coach and GM in over their heads for my beloved Jets.

The Bills haven't signed anyone either.

I thought everyone wanted to play for Rex!

Jets aint getting Revis unfortunately. Lets get Cary Williams, Cro and Culliver.

I'd be pretty happy with two of those three. Interesting there hasn't been a lot of Cro talk.

Big FA spending doesn't tend to result in a whole lot of improvement. Plenty of spots the Jets can beef up the roster.

On the flip side, if a guy is legit I do see the point in spending. It's those $60m+ deals for guys like Maxwell that get me uneasy.

I honestly am really starting to think Chip is in over his head. 

Better to go down in flames doing what you want to do than going down with someone else provident the players.  That same comment was made about Kelly about 4 games into his tenure with the Eagles before his offense started to click.

I am legitimately confused. Don't we have to spend a sh*t ton of money to meet the league threshold? We have to be competing for some of these guys simply because of addition right? Or not. I don't know. The NFL salary cap confuses me because it's stupid.

They can always extend mo and front load his contract if need be, plenty of ways to burn cash this year

Just read Eagles are in pursuit of Tramon Williams too.

I think the Eagles have been linked to about 80% of the players being talked about right now. Pretty absurd and unrealistic. 

why? I'm sure they have priorities, but if they are working all these deals they have a good idea of market

They can always extend mo and front load his contract if need be, plenty of ways to burn cash this year

I don't know if this is true, but someone told me there's a limit to how much you can frontload a contract.  Not saying you couldn't still spend a lot, just curious if there's any credence to it.

I don't know if this is true, but someone told me there's a limit to how much you can frontload a contract.  Not saying you couldn't still spend a lot, just curious if there's any credence to it.

I'm sure there is some rule, but they could do this with several guys. Lots of games to play is all I meant

I've never heard that.  I don't see how the league could prevent a team from managing their cap however they see fit and I've never heard of a team being told not to do so.  As long as they're under the cap they should be fine....be interesting to find out.

Coworker just tricked me (for 30 seconds) into believing that the Jets were rumored to be working on a Drew Brees trade. Best thirty seconds of my life

Did you tell him to stop playing around and get back on fries?

I've never heard that. I don't see how the league could prevent a team from managing their cap however they see fit and I've never heard of a team being told not to do so. As long as they're under the cap they should be fine....be interesting to find out.

So let's pay Mo $40 million this year, and $10 for the next 4.

So let's pay Mo $40 million this year, and $10 for the next 4.

LOL...not so sure I'd go quite that far, but I get what you're saying and wouldn't really mind if they include any "excess" cap money in year one of his extension.

Archived