Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering all weekend why all these agreements have been reached, when FA hasn't started. 

If you are allowed to negotiate then  you are going to get an agent to give a "handshake agreement" until their client can officially sign.  Doesn't help that the players themselves through social media proclaim their new destination.  It's really a weird  practice that the NFL has implemented. 

Peter King:  Saturday Noon: Teams could start negotiating with free agents. Contracts could not be signed, however, for 76 hours from that time (three days and four hours). But the NFL is going to realize soon—if it hasn’t already—that the only thing NOT getting done in this legal tampering period is teams getting signatures on contracts.

I've been wondering all weekend why all these agreements have been reached, when FA hasn't started. 

I believe at noon on Saturday teams got the green light to start "negotiating" with free agents but could not make an offer or sign a contract, but it wasn't soon after reports that agreements have been made started rolling in... 

Either way, I love it... especially compared to baseball which takes months and months. 

Marcus Gilchrist can double as a nickle, I get that. Why Tyvonn Branch?! SS is the one position we're targeting that I don't understand.

Depth? Pryor sucks? 

In general, it appears to me we're looking for depth and versatility to add to a pretty much empty secondary. I don't think every report can or should be considered as the Jets looking at a starting caliber guy, but more at guys who are going to be pieces of the whole secondary re-tooling.

Marcus Gilchrist can double as a nickle, I get that. Why Tyvonn Branch?! SS is the one position we're targeting that I don't understand.

Maybe they're going to reunite our mouthy young safety with the mouthy head coach who drafted him.

After one year in the wrong position?

Typical jet fan.

Don't go to hard on him/them.  Once you've been Gholston'ed, there's no trusting anything from the draft that doesn't instantly pan out.  The adverse impact of having been Gholston'ed is both far-reaching and all-consuming.

Mike Iupati and Michael Crabtree appear to be the latest high-end players leaving the 49ers. According to Pro Football Talk, Iupati, the team's Pro Bowl guard, has struck a four-year deal with the New York Jets. Crabtre, a first-round pick in 2009, is re-joining his former offensive coordinator Greg Roman with the Bills

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/80495-report-49ers-mike-iupati-jets-michael-crabtree-bills/#wdjhxoOjAiyjAdtb.99

False.

Iupati. Worilds. Spiller. Revis. Cro.

All still available !!!

Well, Revis isn't available, but I was going to post something similar. Could be the Jets are negotiating behind the scenes, and are being quiet about it as a change of pace. Haven't seen a word of news about Worilds, Spiller, or Cro in particular. On the plus side are reports that the Jets are pursuing Iupati and a number of defensive secondary players.

And if they land Fitzpatrick, I'll be reasonably pleased. I think I like him better than Hoyer or Mallet, anyway. There were no QB solutions on the open market this year.

Well, Revis isn't available, but I was going to post something similar. Could be the Jets are negotiating behind the scenes, and are being quiet about it as a change of pace. Haven't seen a word of news about Worilds, Spiller, or Cro in particular. On the plus side are reports that the Jets are pursuing Iupati and a number of defensive secondary players.

And if they land Fitzpatrick, I'll be reasonably pleased. I think I like him better than Hoyer or Mallet, anyway. There were no QB solutions on the open market this year.

Given the recent news that the NFL is looking at multiple teams for tampering during this period, it might be that the Jets are taking the safe course here and not talking about any 'deals' they may or may not have cut.

Archived