Scherff,Beasley,Fowler whos the pick?!

SR24

Beasley; we need speed at linebacker and this guy can be a true beast. Both as a pass rusher and in coverage. Only issue with him is taking on blockers in the run game because he is a little light in the seat.  Not sure if Fowler, Dupree can actually play linebacker.  We already have a Dlineman pretending to be a linebacker (Coples). 

I think given the moves of the day and the fact that Maccagnan has strongly upgraded an already solid defense, he really needs to look hard at the QB position or the WR position at #6.  I wasn't necessarily in favor of going with Mariota at #6 before, but given the moves we've made, the QB situation must be addressed.  If Mariota, Cooper, or White are still on the board at #6, Maccagnan needs to really consider taking one of them to upgrade the offense.

Beasley; we need speed at linebacker and this guy can be a true beast. Both as a pass rusher and in coverage. Only issue with him is taking on blockers in the run game because he is a little light in the seat. Not sure if Fowler, Dupree can actually play linebacker. We already have a Dlineman pretending to be a linebacker (Coples).

Since then Beasley has gain 20 lbs.

Scherff should be the pick. Geno may not be good.... but how bad could he possibly be with the current Jets weapons and the kind of line we'd have if we added a blue chip prospect?

Exactly

I'll say Beasely.....as long as Seth Ryan disagrees.  

I like the speed and his production in college, and adds a nice speed dimension to the team that we've been missing lately.  We have the power guys upfront, we need speed around the edge and in coverage, so Beasely would be the pick IMO.  

I need to research the other 2 a bit more, but I've watched tape on Fowler, and he strikes me as a guy who could make the Jets the best 3rd down defense in the NFL.  But I don't think he plays on 1st/2nd down running situations, at least in the beginning of his career.  He isn't a natural against the run, has poor tackling technique, and will need to be coached up and get in the weight room.

Having said that, he's an absolute beast as a pass rusher and will need to be double-teamed.  I'm sorry but with Mo, Sheldon, Coples, Babin, and Fowler bearing down on the QB someone is going to beat their man and get to the QB, right?

Since then Beasley has gain 20 lbs.

Thats combine weight  Lets see what he can keep it on after two a days, training camp etc.   I still take him though.  The guy is a freak and was very productive in college.  

I need to research the other 2 a bit more, but I've watched tape on Fowler, and he strikes me as a guy who could make the Jets the best 3rd down defense in the NFL.  But I don't think he plays on 1st/2nd down running situations, at least in the beginning of his career.  He isn't a natural against the run, has poor tackling technique, and will need to be coached up and get in the weight room.

Having said that, he's an absolute beast as a pass rusher and will need to be double-teamed.  I'm sorry but with Mo, Sheldon, Coples, Babin, and Fowler bearing down on the QB someone is going to beat their man and get to the QB, right?

I agree but at some point we have to address our glaring lack of speed at linebacker.  Demario Davis needs some help back there.   Vic can also get after the QB but is much more versatile.  

I'll say Beasely.....as long as Seth Ryan disagrees.  

I like the speed and his production in college, and adds a nice speed dimension to the team that we've been missing lately.  We have the power guys upfront, we need speed around the edge and in coverage, so Beasely would be the pick IMO.

We are in agreement... 

LOL

I love Scherff but I think 6 is a bit high for him.  If we trade back to ten or further he'd be a homerun.  I also think he's a right tackle to start, then he either develops into a true LT or in the worst case scenario, becomes a mauler at guard.  Not a lot of downside to him.  I'd be ok with him at 6 considering we don't need a WR anymore.  But the pick could probably have more impact if we get the QB or a stud OLB.

I like Scherff a lot, probably more than most. With that said, I think the pick should be the best edge rusher available.

I say Scherff then Hau'oli Kikaha in the second for pass rush.  The fins have Suh and Wake now so we need to fortify our Oline

I like Scherff a lot, probably more than most. With that said, I think the pick should be the best edge rusher available.

I just saw the tape on Beasly and i gotta say WOW! That guy can be a nightmare coming off the edge. He'll take you inside too and use his hands. We haven't had that here since John Abraham probably...just imagine.

I just saw the tape on Beasly and i gotta say WOW! That guy can be a nightmare coming off the edge. He'll take you inside too and use his hands. We haven't had that here since John Abraham probably...just imagine.

Yep and unlike Abraham he can actually drop into coverage and go sideline to sideline. 

Pass rushing monster is always preferable to a WR.

Just look at the WRs available in free agency & then look at the pass rushers.

Notice a trend?

WRs ALWAYS become available.

Great pass rushers, rarely!

If the Jets are sitting at 6 and looking at Fowler/Beasley/Ray

You GOTTA take the guy you like. With Pace & Babin still in board you can be patient enough to slowly incorporate him in on passing downs. That way the defense gets BETTER as the year progresses.

Anyone we take will be motivated to show his stuff with the talent on our Dline.

Stud pass rusher with Revis & Skrine on board with our Dline bolts the Jets defense to ELITE STATUS.

Adding another WR doesn't nearly have the same impact if you already have 3 starters which we do.

Then in the 2nd round if he's sitting there you send the card up for DGB & with Decker-Marshall-Amaro-DGB you might have the toughest group of REDZONE TARGETS in the entire NFL.

You would ABUSE teams with small corners.

Archived