greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

UPDATE:  Watched the final episodes of Russian Doll yesterday.  Terrible ending.

Overall 6/10 for the series.  Way too many cliches, awful attempts at comedy (comedic lines), as well as boat loads of exposition. 

Steve Buscemi's new series started tonight. He plays God in "Miracle Workers". Could be the best new show in years. Still have a smile on my face from the first episode.

Narcos Mexico - I love these shows.  Mexico maybe wasnt as good as the original but that might be because I'm more familiar with the Escobar story as opposed to the Mexican cartel.  It was still really freaking good and the cliff hanger was awesome.  Looking forward to next season.

• Upvote 1

Got all caught up on True Detective last night.  Wow.  After a disappointing season 2, this season is freaking awesome.

If anyone wants to tell me Mahershala Ali isnt the best actor in Hollywood right now, I will fight you.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Got all caught up on True Detective last night.  Wow.  After a disappointing season 2, this season is freaking awesome.

If anyone wants to tell me Mahershala Ali isnt the best actor in Hollywood right now, I will fight you.

im three episodes in. he is killing it. gotta search out some more of his stuff

21 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah he really is good. He was also very good in House of Cards.

BTW Stephen Dorff also does a great job in True 3

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

im three episodes in. he is killing it. gotta search out some more of his stuff

39 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Yeah he really is good. He was also very good in House of Cards.

BTW Stephen Dorff also does a great job in True 3

He's great in everything.  He was amazing in Moonlight and Green Book.   I even loved him in the 1st season of Luke Cage.

But this show, whoa.  He's absolutely killing it.  So freaking good.  I feel his emotions in every single stage of his life he portrays.  Just incredible performance thus far.

Killer Mikes documentary on Netflix is hysterical. Not enough episodes. Need season two!

• Upvote 1

I guess it was my expectations, but the finale of True detective was underwhelming. It wasn't a bad season, but I was expecting something more sinister. Ah well. 

4 hours ago, rillo said:

I guess it was my expectations, but the finale of True detective was underwhelming. It wasn't a bad season, but I was expecting something more sinister. Ah well. 

Same exact feeling.  I loved the show.  I thought it was fantastic, just a bit of a let down the way the brought it to a close.

I mean, I get it.  This case was their life and it brought together all their most important relationships of his life; partner, wife, kids, etc.  And the mystery of what happened haunted him and the thought that it actually all ended as well as it could after such a terrible childhood for the girl was cool but definitely a bit anticlimactic.  However, you have to give the writers credit.  The detectives didnt ever really get the closure they were looking for and they shared that well with the audience.

I didnt hate the ending, just felt like it could have had a little bit more of a wow factor to it the way they set up the cliff hanger from the last episode. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:53 AM, Untouchable said:

Finished Punisher Season 2 last night and really liked it for the most part. More action packed than the first season. The last 15 seconds is the most “Punisher” Frank Castle has ever looked on screen and a direct homage to the first War Zone cover. Shame there probably won’t be a Season 3 with him truly embracing being the Punisher.

marvel-comics-punisher-war-zone-vol-1-is

Just finished it - I screamed at the TV "F*CKIN' AY - THAT'S THE PUNISHER!!!"  Also the way he finishes Russo off.

• Upvote 1

Anyone start watching "Umbrella Academy"?  The first episode was ok - not sure I want to invest in it or not.

18 hours ago, peebag said:

Anyone start watching "Umbrella Academy"?  The first episode was ok - not sure I want to invest in it or not.

Watched first three.  My wife likes it.  I don't.  

I find it a meandering mess taking too much time to get up on some sort of story.  It's all character development and I don't really like the characters or find them interesting enough to continue with the series.  4/10

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Yaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

OMG - this sh*t is going to be amazing! 

I tried, but never got into it 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rillo said:

I tried, but never got into it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Me too.  Guess it was too complicated to get into it after it had been on for so many years.

I just went online and found all the scenes with a nude Emilia Clarke who I find very attractive.

• Upvote 2

Barry is fantastic. Late to the party, but binged it quick.

Umbrella Academy sucks except for the kid, the one who time hops. Kid has definite screen presence.

Checking out Love Desth Robots this week.

Just finished After Life on Netflix starring Ricky Gervais.  Very good.

Also love watching the Doom Patrol on DC universe.  Brendan Frasier as Robotman is hilarious.