Bowles Reaction To The Schedule

KRL

That was ******* boring. Another lame ass NFL puppet response. But if he wins it will make up for it.

So what were you looking for? What type of response would have made you happy?

You more of a Rex guy or are you totally going for the kill and want a 1984-era David Lee Roth type: 'I'm you're Ice Cream Man, can't beat us coming off a bye"

Or maybe a tough ghoul rocker Glenn Danzig as coach: 'We'll put Miami in the London Dungeon come October'.

Maybe a cranky Axl Rose: 'We will make you fumble, we will win the game. We win how we want, you're city's super lame.'

Reminds me of Mike's partner on Mike and Molly. LOL.

Jokes aside, i love this guy. I feel like he is the real deal... I don't know what that even means in the modern sports era, esp in NY... but i think he is a detail oriented, even keeled head coach who will take us to a superbowl. Winning one, is another story.

So what were you looking for? What type of response would have made you happy?

You more of a Rex guy or are you totally going for the kill and want a 1984-era David Lee Roth type: 'I'm you're Ice Cream Man, can't beat us coming off a bye"

Or maybe a tough ghoul rocker Glenn Danzig as coach: 'We'll put Miami in the London Dungeon come October'.

Maybe a cranky Axl Rose: 'We will make you fumble, we will win the game. We win how we want, you're city's super lame.'

Is Danzig going to bring the rest of the Misfits? Cause that would be ******* awesome.

That was ******* boring. Another lame ass NFL puppet response. But if he wins it will make up for it.

He's about as interesting as a cardboard box.  He makes Mangini look colorful.  But yeah, hopefully he knows how to coach otherwise we'll be boring and suck.

He's about as interesting as a cardboard box.  He makes Mangini look colorful.  But yeah, hopefully he knows how to coach otherwise we'll be boring and suck.

+1 It's a good thing that video was short I was falling asleep..LOL He was asst coach of the year so hopefully that will make up for it.. Maybe they can send Sheldon Richardson out for the post game press conferences he has a personalty.. :winking0001:

Meh...he's an NFL head coach...outside of Rex they all tend to pretty much give cookie cutter answers.  Doesn't mean they're good or bad, just means they don't want to say something publicly that they could be end up being wrong about.

Meh...he's an NFL head coach...outside of Rex they all tend to pretty much give cookie cutter answers.  Doesn't mean they're good or bad, just means they don't want to say something publicly that they could be end up being wrong about.

Rex was a show unto himself in press conferences.LOL The Tuna was always interesting as well even Hermie the Horrible was decent. One of the funniest guys was John McKay who said after a reporter asked him about his teams execution after a blow out loss,I would be all for it.. 

Some people around here would rather suck and have a jolly old quote machine like Rex.  I positively love dull in my front office and coaching staffs.  The blow hards often come up short.

Rex was a show unto himself in press conferences.LOL The Tuna was always interesting as well even Hermie the Horrible was decent. One of the funniest guys was John McKay who said after a reporter asked him about his teams execution after a blow out loss,I would be all for it..

Heard that McKay quote years ago...might be best ever.

And the dull ones have done better?

Parcells was far from dull...lots of smartass deadpan answers the kept the room laughing...didn't hurt him too much on Sundays.

Parcells was far from dull...lots of smartass deadpan answers the kept the room laughing...didn't hurt him too much on Sundays.

Parcells wasn't "PARCELLS" till well later in his career.

He certainly wasn't the big mouthed showy said-whatever-he-thought guy in his first year as an NFL Head Coach.

He's also a HOF Coach. Bowles is a rookie Coach.

Lets at least try and compare apples to apples here.

Parcells wasn't "PARCELLS" till well later in his career.

He certainly wasn't the big mouthed showy said-whatever-he-thought guy in his first year as an NFL Head Coach.

He's also a HOF Coach. Bowles is a rookie Coach.

Lets at least try and compare apples to apples here.

BB is still boring as hell.. Personality is something you have or you don't it's not something you develop the longer you coach.. 

How many wins is this worth?  Whenever I read a Bowles article around here it reminds me of the kid with the Civic with the NOS stickers.  The iridium plugs are worth a tenth, the red plug wires 2 tenths, bigger tires and wheels 1 second, 3 inch exhaust tip a second, etc, etc.  It should be as fast as a pro mod.  Then he wonders why his neighbors twelve year old Mustang leaves him for dead.  Just win, baby.

+1 It's a good thing that video was short I was falling asleep..LOL He was asst coach of the year so hopefully that will make up for it.. Maybe they can send Sheldon Richardson out for the post game press conferences he has a personalty.. :winking0001:

It's an interesting scenario.  He's apparently loved by his players.   Maybe he's got some personality behind closed doors that can help him connect with people.  He's certainly not an engaging personality but neither is BB and we know how successful (once he found Brady) that he's been.  So who knows.  What I do know, is the only time I watched the Cardinals last season was when they played the 7-8 Panthers in the playoffs and he let both Cam and Jonathan Stewart go off on his D and he couldnt adjust in game at all. 

Some people around here would rather suck and have a jolly old quote machine like Rex.  I positively love dull in my front office and coaching staffs.  The blow hards often come up short.

I mean, if the team you root for sucks, I'd at least want them to be entertaining.   Isnt that the reason we all tune in?  So I'm in that boat.  But yeah, if this dude wins, I dont need to hear a peep out of him for the rest of his life for all I care.

That said, outside of BB and Dungy...maybe McCarthy...most of the guys that have got their teams to the SB over the last 10 years have had a pretty engaging and intense personality that you dont see in Bowles.  But whatever, ultimately I dont think it matters, more of just an observation than anything else. 

And the dull ones have done better?

Well, there's that guy in New England. He's a barrel of laughs.

Honestly, I can't believe that there are actually posters here who believe that a coach's job is to provide entertainment for the fans. Really? That would be about 20th on my list of 20 coaching priorities. Somehow Bowles does a good job relating to his players and they respect him. I can only hope that some of you are just trolling to be provocative.

That said, outside of BB and Dungy...maybe McCarthy...most of the guys that have got their teams to the SB over the last 10 years have had a pretty engaging and intense personality that you dont see in Bowles.  But whatever, ultimately I dont think it matters, more of just an observation than anything else. 

Football is entertainment so it's nice if the HC could be engaging like you said.. I loved Mike Westoff's comments during interviews.. That's said Just win baby, of course the guy that said that Al Davis had a personalty..

Well, there's that guy in New England. He's a barrel of laughs.

Honestly, I can't believe that there are actually posters here who believe that a coach's job is to provide entertainment for the fans. Really? That would be about 20th on my list of 20 coaching priorities. Somehow Bowles does a good job relating to his players and they respect him. I can only hope that some of you are just trolling to be provocative.

Everyone could agree to that it just makes it more fun when the HC is also interesting as a person.. 

Archived