Breaking: NFL upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension.

Morrissey

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, Brady says he destroyed hid phone because he always does that when he gets a new one.

But then if you read Goodell's full statement released today, they were able to look at 2 of Brady's other phones, including the one from right before the destroyed one. Why were those phones not destroyed per his usual course of action?

Brady only made things worse for himself by appealing. When Kraft rolled over so easily you knew that the NFL had the goods on NE once again. Kraft smartly chose to go quietly.

I didn't even care about the suspension. Perfectly happy that they are justifiably tainted forever in NFL history books no matter if another court overturns this verdict.

Brady only made things worse for himself by appealing. When Kraft rolled over so easily you knew that the NFL had the goods on NE once again. Kraft smartly chose to go quietly.

I didn't even care about the suspension. Perfectly happy that they are justifiably tainted forever in NFL history books no matter if another court overturns this verdict.

I agree with this...

Frankly, I want to beat the Pats with Brady - I'm just glad it's clear, obvious and virtually indisputable that he cheated, got caught, lied, obstructed an investigation and now destroyed evidence.

bottom line, Tom Brady is a bad person.

Well Goodell finally grow some balls.

I get the sense he was forced into this.  Many of the other owners finally stepped up and stood up to big bad Krafty.

The Pats have been pulling this sh-- for over a decade now and the others had enough.  Goodell had no choice.

When I worked at Citibank's IT department I once was told that every time they upgraded computers from a department, the old machines were sent to a warehouse and the hard disk completely destroyed, with a drill right in the middle. That was standard protocol, even for low level employees that most likely didn't store anything confidential.

Heck, I have 2 old cellphones in a drawer in my bedroom, I don't even know if they still work, why would I sell them, for how much? No one buys deprecated cell phones. I'm planing to move next year so I'm already in the process of throwing out old stuff, I'm gonna throw both of those old cellphones in a trash bin.

Now, think about a celebrity that can have all the new mobiles in the blink of an eye, for free, every what, 6 months or so? What would I do with the old device? Give to a nephew? Give to the kids to play with it? If this goes to wrong hands it can be a pain in the ass, I would destroy it too.

I'm not saying that that was what happened, just that it can be extremely normal in the celebrity world to have some sort of protocol regarding confidentiality, things that we don't even think about.

The amount of spinning pats nation is doing would rival a cat 5 hurricane, it's hilarious!

I don't work for a law firm. A law firm works for me.

It's not an appeal of a judgment. It's an action to affirm or enjoin the conduct of a private actor.

You can only change venue laterally, not going to a higher court.

Notice of judgment again not a thing. If the arbtration decision was from a neutral third party the NFL could bring an action to certify. That's about as close as you get to saying anything that isn't wrong and insane. You should be fired if your job involves anything other than making coffee.

So are you a lawyer or just someone that owns a business?

It's not an appeal of a judgment. It's an action to affirm or enjoin the conduct of a private actor.

Notice of judgment again not a thing. If the arbtration decision was from a neutral third party the NFL could bring an action to certify. That's about as close as you get to saying anything that isn't wrong and insane. You should be fired if your job involves anything other than making coffee.

My God you really do know nothing about law.

The NFLPA is going to attempt to try to file tomorrow in Minnesota US federal court. Part of their appeal is going to be an attempt for removal of jurisdiction.

Their attempt is based on the fact the NFL offices are located in New York and Tom Brady lives in Massachusetts and does not have the benefit of being a resident of the same state as the NFL.

Even the US Supreme Court dealt with this issue based on a bank that was being sued at an office in one state while the main offices were located in another.

The US Supreme court could not make judgement of this because they both exist under the same joint ownership in both states. just as the NFL is incorporated in both New York and Massachusetts.

it's going to be very interesting if Minnesota even agrees to take this to the court because of it.

As for the "notice of judgement" - you've never been involved in a court case that has led to a judgement?

Oh, by the way the NFL's notice of judgement is an action to certify their third party judgment.

And yet you say you hire lawyers?

Do you know how to use Google?!!

Have you ever used a search engine?

I'm starting to believe you are not smarter than a 5th grader...

My God you really do know nothing about law.

The NFLPA is going to attempt to try to file tomorrow in Minnesota US federal court. Part of their appeal is going to be an attempt for removal of jurisdiction.

Their attempt is based on the fact the NFL offices are located in New York and Tom Brady lives in Massachusetts and does not have the benefit of being a resident of the same state as the NFL.

Even the US Supreme Court dealt with this issue based on a bank that was being sued at an office in one state while the main offices were located in another.

The US Supreme court could not make judgement of this because they both exist under the same joint ownership in both states. just as the NFL is incorporated in both New York and Massachusetts.

it's going to be very interesting if Minnesota even agrees to take this to the court because of it.

As for the "notice of judgement" - you've never been involved in a court case that has led to a judgement?

Oh, by the way the NFL's notice of judgement is an action to certify their third party judgment.

And yet you say you hire lawyers?

Do you know how to use Google?!!

Have you ever used a search engine?

I'm starting to believe you are not smarter than a 5th grader...

I changed my mind. Under no circumstances would I allow you anywhere near the coffee.

Oh Tom! Let me taste your tears Tom! The tears of unfathomable sadness! You're legacy is tarnished forever! Cheater's justice! One man is not bigger than the league Tom! Ball don't lie Tom! OH YEAH! FEEL THAT TOM! Feel that! (Pumps hips, Ace Ventura style) Feel that! Ahhh, had to get that out of my system......

Gary Myers 37m
1) Last line of statement from Pats on NFL ruling on Brady is pretty bitter:
Beat Writer / Columnist

2) "It is incomprehensible as to why the league is attempting to destroy the reputation of one of its greatest players and representatives."
Beat Writer / Columnist

If thats all it will take then I'm sure we can find a buyer here or a bunch of us will chip in you are a poor excuse for a Jets fan regardless of your PSL and season tickets. 

Why are we attacking other Jet fans when possibly the best thing since SB III has just happen.  Stop it.  Thanks.

Hell I got a girl working for me now that makes great coffee and knows how to perfectly time the purchase of doughnuts to coincide with the stressful part of my day.  Not even sure what else she does.  But damn I don;t want to see her leave. 

I agree with this...

Frankly, I want to beat the Pats with Brady - I'm just glad it's clear, obvious and virtually indisputable that he cheated, got caught, lied, obstructed an investigation and now destroyed evidence.

bottom line, Tom Brady is a bad person.

Woooooweeeeee =D>

Hell I got a girl working for me now that makes great coffee and knows how to perfectly time the purchase of doughnuts to coincide with the stressful part of my day. Not even sure what else she does. But damn I don;t want to see her leave.

She's worth her weight in gold. Don't lose her!

If thats all it will take then I'm sure we can find a buyer here or a bunch of us will chip in you are a poor excuse for a Jets fan regardless of your PSL and season tickets. 

Let me understand joewilly logic:

A good Jets fan makes fun of a competitor instead of taking pride in his own team.

A bad Jets fan notices that a suspension provides two competitors a distinct advantage and expresses his dismay.

SAR I

Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone -- and his reputation -- in latest Deflategate twist | Politi

Earth To Joewilly:

You don't get hats, t-shirts, and a parade because a competitor did something wrong.  It just makes you look pathetic  Mets fans, so conditioned to losing they don't know how to act like a winner.

SAR I

Let me understand joewilly logic:

A good Jets fan makes fun of a competitor instead of taking pride in his own team.

A bad Jets fan notices that a suspension provides two competitors a distinct advantage and expresses his dismay.

SAR I

Does not matter.  Garrappalo will go undeafeated and the Pats will trade Brady to the Browns for 5 1st and a conditional 4th.  Brady will then retire and Patriots dominate the AFC for ten more years. 

probably hires contracted attorneys for first level review...or is involved in ESI collection. Could be wrong, but he sounds right in this instance.

You're close. Moderate litigation, lots of appellate. Tax, finance, real estate. Various organizational and compliance stuff re same. Very little criminal defense, no plaintiff work. Started out doing foreclosure defense for a nonprofit, private practice is basically just an extension of the broader subject matter into areas where it can actually be monetized. I am of course prone to taking on basically anything that affords me the opportunity to screw with the right people.

Archived