Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

I could do without either of them.  Geno has a history of being immature, irresponsible and having an over-inflated ego.  Ik...what he did is inexcusable in that it damaged more than just a jaw, but the entire team.

Some perspective on IK's poor reaction though.  He's holding a camp for youth football players in his home town, and he promises the kids that the starting QB of the New York Jets will be there to help out.  IK's a marginal player and likely sold the kids and parents on Geno's celebrity.  Local boy makes good-type stuff.  

Geno decides he has better things to do.  The friend of his brother had a fatal accident.  He takes his out.

IK is left looking stupid in front of his hometown and all the all the kids he promised would meet Geno.

IK is angry and insulted.  He demands to be repaid for the plane ticket.  His only recourse.

Geno says he'll refund the money.  But puts second-stringer, IK, on the pay-no-mind list.

IK stews.  Geno could care less.  A jaw is broken.  That's the way I see it.  Neither is a good guy.  Move on.

• Upvote 1

Yes because Mike Westhoff knows a lot about offense

Mike Westhoff came to camp one day last year and left with the impression that other than Decker Johnson Ivory and Kerley, we were absolutely SCREWED on offense. Looks like he might actually have a good idea of what it takes.

Now this isn't directed at you but any of the people excited for Fitzpatrick to get his shot are in for a ruuuuude September. Before some of you stupidly debate whether or not Geno deserved it, sit back, breathe, and slowly say to yourself: "A backup linebacker just essentially threw away the entire season over 600 dollars. 600 dollars that Geno owed because he couldn't attend this stupid moron's charity due to the death of someone close to him. This backup linebacker decided our season was worth 600 bucks", because no matter how bad some of you think Geno is and always will be, Fitzpatrick is twice the nightmare. I wish horrible, horrible things on IK Enemkpali. I hope he never plays down of football ever again and ends up working McDonald's overnight shift for the rest of his life.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

No, that's not what happened at all.

This thread is like the worst game of Telephone ever.

+1

The brother was flying the plane with the anti-Cowboys banner and it hit the friend and broke his collarbone and that spooked Geno about flying after downing too many Bud Lights.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

It's true. They have a leaked transcript of Geno after the punch.

Geno: I'm sorry, Sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.

Bowles: What about?

Geno: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about...

Bowles: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?

Geno: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was sh*t. And IK's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. He punched me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.

You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. 

Great, great movie. 

Leaders don't get punched in the face by their own teammates. 

We are better off now, and we probably cut the wrong player!

Too much "he said, she said" BS for my taste. These guys are supposed to be professionals. And by professionals, I mean guys that may come to blows (it is football) but keep it quiet and definitely don't take out (or let someone else injure) your starting QB. This says as much about the Mangold's, Brick's or Harris's as it does about anyone else. There should be guys/leaders a 2nd year dude is afraid of or at least respectful of.

However if the fact that Geno took the hit, sat down, and then walked off saying he wouldn't fight in the locker room is true... that is the sign of a leader. Much easier to have some wild reaction, especially with teammates there to finally jump in and save the smaller guy's @ss. Who knows, maybe Geno could turn this into a good thing.

Did you know that Jackson Brown is in Hackers? And that if you watch Hackers in 2015 it's actually a really terrible movie?

I find it hard to believe that anything with Matthew Lillard is terrible. For example, In The Name Of The King.

Mike Westhoff came to camp one day last year and left with the impression that other than Decker Johnson Ivory and Kerley, we were absolutely SCREWED on offense. Looks like he might actually have a good idea of what it takes.

Now this isn't directed at you but any of the people excited for Fitzpatrick to get his shot are in for a ruuuuude September. Before some of you stupidly debate whether or not Geno deserved it, sit back, breathe, and slowly say to yourself: "A backup linebacker just essentially threw away the entire season over 600 dollars. 600 dollars that Geno owed because he couldn't attend this stupid moron's charity due to the death of someone close to him. This backup linebacker decided our season was worth 600 bucks", because no matter how bad some of you think Geno is and always will be, Fitzpatrick is twice the nightmare. I wish horrible, horrible things on IK Enemkpali. I hope he never plays down of football ever again and ends up working McDonald's overnight shift for the rest of his life.

Do you believe in math? Because math says there's nobway Fitz is twice the nightmare that Geno is.

All of these Geno is better than Fitz arguments are wrong. Notnto be a dick, but this isn't opinion. And you can absolutely think he's not any good, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Geno Smith. Fact.

Do you believe in math? Because math says there's nobway Fitz is twice the nightmare that Geno is.

All of these Geno is better than Fitz arguments are wrong. Notnto be a dick, but this isn't opinion. And you can absolutely think he's not any good, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Geno Smith. Fact.

http://www.oii.org/cyberu/html/fact.htm

Elephant Pilots Plane Across the Atlantic

What would you say if I told you the above headline was a fact?  If you doubt my fact for one second, you may not fully understand the definition of a fact. In fact, most people don't fully understand the definition of a fact.

If you check the dictionary you may get an idea of what I mean. Random House Websters College Dictionary says a fact is, "Something said to be true or supposed to have happened."

A fact doesn't have to be true. Anyone can dispute your facts. However, in order to be a fact, it must be a statement that can be proven or disproved.  It should be  easy to prove or disprove the title of this page.  That makes it a fact. Certainly it is a disputed fact, but a fact never-the-less.

How about the following statement? Vanilla ice cream is better tasting than chocolate.

This isn't a fact, because there is no way to prove or disprove it. This is an opinion.  The difference between a fact and an opinion is the ability to prove or disprove the statement.

http://www.oii.org/cyberu/html/fact.htm

Elephant Pilots Plane Across the Atlantic

What would you say if I told you the above headline was a fact? If you doubt my fact for one second, you may not fully understand the definition of a fact. In fact, most people don't fully understand the definition of a fact.

If you check the dictionary you may get an idea of what I mean. Random House Websters College Dictionary says a fact is, "Something said to be true or supposed to have happened."

A fact doesn't have to be true. Anyone can dispute your facts. However, in order to be a fact, it must be a statement that can be proven or disproved. It should be easy to prove or disprove the title of this page. That makes it a fact. Certainly it is a disputed fact, but a fact never-the-less.

How about the following statement? Vanilla ice cream is better tasting than chocolate.

This isn't a fact, because there is no way to prove or disprove it. This is an opinion. The difference between a fact and an opinion is the ability to prove or disprove the statement.

tl;dr

Fitz is better than Geno every day of the week and twice on Sundays (when it counts).

tl;dr

Fitz is better than Geno every day of the week and twice on Sundays (when it counts).

Had to look up what "tl;dr" meant.  Nice.

"Fitz is better than Geno every day of the week and twice on Sundays (when it counts)."

Another fact.  Just happens to be a fact that's false.

Had to look up what "tl;dr" meant. Nice.

"Fitz is better than Geno every day of the week and twice on Sundays (when it counts)."

Another fact. Just happens to be a fact that's false.

You're losing me bro.

Do you put any stock into statistics? They're kinda important.

You're losing me bro.

Do you put any stock into statistics? They're kinda important.

Of course stats are important.  But I think Geno not only has the higher upside, he may actually be the better QB now.  Probably why all reports out of camp were saying the same thing.

Can the team still win with Fitz?  I hope/think so.  But the upside this season and in the future is higher with Geno in my opinion.

tl;dr

Except, you know, every day that they've practiced so far. Fitzpatrick took this long to become mediocre, by all accounts this was looking like it was going to be Geno's year. Our ceiling is 8-8 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Maybe.

Stop reading into his stupid inflated QB rating from last year and realize that if it wasn't for one game where he "tore apart" the second worst team in the NFL (in my opinion they were actually worse than Tampa but whatever) his numbers would be right on par with every other year of his mediocre career.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Except, you know, every day that they've practiced so far. Fitzpatrick took this long to become mediocre, by all accounts this was looking like it was going to be Geno's year. Our ceiling is 8-8 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Maybe.

Stop reading into his stupid inflated QB rating from last year and realize that if it wasn't for one game where he "tore apart" the second worst team in the NFL (in my opinion they were actually worse than Tampa but whatever) his numbers would be right on par with every other year of his mediocre career.

Everyone who has covered the team, players and explayers have said Geno was miles ahead of Fitz so far in camp.

People who have hardly watched Fitz over his career make statements like this.  Its out of hatred of Geno and being clueless about Fitz

• Upvote 1

Of course stats are important. But I think Geno not only has the higher upside, he may actually be the better QB now. Probably why all reports out of camp were saying the same thing.

Can the team still with with Fitz? I hope/think so. But the upside this season and in the future is higher with Geno in my opinion.

This is ultimately the big picture. We went from sleeper team that could make some serious noise if our young QB takes the next step (which it looked like he was primed to do), to a flat, most likely 8-8 team with a mediocre stop gap journeyman...over 600 dollars. 600 dollars some backup linebacker wanted back because the starting QB couldn't make it to his stupid f*cking fundraiser due to the death of someone close to him. Let that truly sink in. It's f*cking painful
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

This is ultimately the big picture. We went from sleeper team that could make some serious noise if our young QB takes the next step (which it looked like he was primed to do), to a flat, most likely 8-8 team with a mediocre stop gap journeyman...over 600 dollars. 600 dollars some backup linebacker wanted back because the starting QB couldn't make it to his stupid f*cking fundraiser due to the death of someone close to him. Let that truly sink in. It's f*cking painful

Feel your pain, but it's not that bad.  Yet.  Geno could be back week 2 or 3, or worst case week 7.  We brought in Fitz to be a "hold the fort" guy.  Let's hope he can do it decently enough.  If he does awesome...  great!  Let him keep playing if/until he goes back to being his usual self.  Then plug Geno back in.

The only way this is absolutely horrible is if Fitz manages to keep us as a .500 or so team, and Bowels is fine with that.  Doubtful though.  Either Fitz will have us winning most games or Geno will be back in once he's ready.

Fitz is coming off a broken leg. I don't think Fitz is Joe Montana. But this fingers crossed, really hoping Geno goes from #32 to #15 is silly.

You say don't quote Fitz's QBR and #s from last year OK. Then you guys don't get to use the Miami game every time someone rips on Geno. You're numbers (like your record) are what they say they are.

Fitz is coming off a broken leg. I don't think Fitz is Joe Montana. But this fingers crossed, really hoping Geno goes from #32 to #15 is silly.

You say don't quite Fitz's QBR and #s from last year OK. Then you guys don't get tonuse the Miami game every time someone rips on Geno. You're numbers (like your record) are what they say they are.

The Miami game passes the eye test, you don't need numbers for that one. 

Geno doesn't need to go to #15.  He doesn't need to get close to that to be better than Fitz.

Right. But Fitz is a middle-aged midget whose only gonna shrink a bit in his older age. Geno is still young enough to have a growth spurt.

Eh.

Not to get into a who knows more thing, but...

I've been watching for about 25- 30 years. IMO, Fitz is mediocre. Geno sucks.

Also, let's clear some sh*t up right now, if you're talking sh*t to a dude and he punches you in the face, it's not a sucker punch. That's just you getting punched in the face.

The suckers are the ones who believe it was a sucker punch.  Another camouflage attempt by Jet press to protect this piece of sh*t QB.