Rex to triple team Gronk

jgb

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the Eagles been able to win this game that would have been the play of the game too given the area on the field where it occurred.  But alas, the Eagles went 3 & out the ensuing drive as Bradford was still getting acclimated to the game he's been away from for nearly 2 calendar years.  On a different day for the Eagles that play takes away points from the opposition AND helps lead to points going the other way.

Irony is Kiko might've been able to slow down gronk

Not really granted I'm not on the you have to hate Rex to be a good Jet fan like most but I just don't get the Mangini praise who never won a playoff game and when do I hear Mangini get blamed for never developing Clemens?? Rex all by himself drove the Jets in the ground when Mangini went 4-12 whose fault was that??  I react to the Hypocrisy by most Jet fans.. And like I said I'm high on Bowles you have a problem with that as well??:rolleyes: 

So much truth to this.  Rex loves his lumbering run-stopping LB's who can't cover anybody, which explains why he got rid of an athletic MLB like Kiko Alonso.  Did you see his one-handed pick on Monday night?  Holy crap. 

kiko.0.gif

Meanwhile, Shady rushed for 2 yards per carry and has a bum hamstring.  Great trade, Rex!

yeah they really seemed to miss Kiko and Fred Jackson when they blew out the Colts

We saw this in our 2nd game against Buffalo last year where we contained Sammy Watkins (who broke out against us the first go around) but still lost the game. Rex banged his chest in post game presser about how his defense shut down Sammy (who friggin' cares in a loss?)

Buffalo won in  their second game against the Jets last year - 38-3

without having read any of the comments the first thing that this brings to mind is something another stupid ex-Jets coach once said and did; When the season was lost and their  QBs were going down faster than hookers at a Vegas police convention, that Herman Edwards decided what the season would come down to; Getting Curtis Martin his record, thus giving away the Jets' playbook and prompting every defensive coordinator to stuff 9 in the box on every 1st and 2nd down and every 3rd and long because Herm IS A MORON!

It was Rex,  if you watched the games you know...it was Rex. He had a hand in the personnel, especially before Idzik's arrival. Rex gave away timeouts and challenges repeatedly and while he will look good in Buffalo right off, wait until he starts getting a hand in the draft and free agency. That's when the fun starts, because Rex is great at taking someone else's team and doing well. The first two years here are proof of that. Then the Kyle Wilson's, Vlad Ducasse's and Stephen Hill's started to be high draft picks and we all know how that worked out.

spot on. He has ZERO ability to evaluate college talent.   He can work with VETS ..that's it. 

It was Rex,  if you watched the games you know...it was Rex. He had a hand in the personnel, especially before Idzik's arrival. Rex gave away timeouts and challenges repeatedly and while he will look good in Buffalo right off, wait until he starts getting a hand in the draft and free agency. That's when the fun starts, because Rex is great at taking someone else's team and doing well. The first two years here are proof of that. Then the Kyle Wilson's, Vlad Ducasse's and Stephen Hill's started to be high draft picks and we all know how that worked out.

Rex didn't take Manginis players to the playoffs, he took a mix of Mangini and his players to the playoffs.  This is not close to true but keeps getting repeated over and over as if fact. 

Rex didn't take Manginis players to the playoffs, he took a mix of Mangini and his players to the playoffs.  This is not close to true but keeps getting repeated over and over as if fact. 

didn't the jets have like 7 different starters including qb in Rex's first year?

so did Mangini take Herm Edwards players and go 10-6 his first season?

Well, it seems like this thread has turned into the healthy discussion of our divisional rival as promised. Real hard-hitting stuff. 

I just upgraded my plan to be able to access video on my Motorola RAZR. Can you confirm it is working?

was thinking the same thing.  Why let them know what h s thinking? 

You mean show restraint and deprive himself of a week-long headline fest? Perish the thought!

Rex is just being proactive. He figures the Pats can't steal his plans if he preemptively tells them what they are.

Would be different if he was clever enough to misdirect but as we know he always tries to do exactly what he says from "ground and pound" to "we will shut down sammy watkins this time around boyitellya"

You mean show restraint and deprive himself of a week-long headline fest? Perish the thought!

Would be different if he was clever enough to misdirect but as we know he always tries to do exactly what he says from "ground and pound" to "we will shut down sammy watkins this time around boyitellya"

Saw an interesting stat re: Jets w/ Rex vs. Pats during regular season.  Jets were 3-3 at MetLife and 0-6 at NE.  I wonder why the Pats were unbeatable at home, and mortals at MetLife. Hmmmm.

Only logical explanation really.  Pats jammed our headset jammers at their place.

lol

So back to your other comment: our headsets get jammed at appropriate/opportune times, leaving either Geno Smith or Mark Sanchez to quickly break down their defense at the line and decide whether or not to audible out of it. You think this is an advantage for NE? Do explain. :)

lol

So back to your other comment: our headsets get jammed at appropriate/opportune times, leaving either Geno Smith or Mark Sanchez to quickly break down their defense at the line and decide whether or not to audible out of it. You think this is an advantage for NE? Do explain. :)

Maybe they cheated by NOT jamming our signals and letting the QB's get the right play.  No bigger advantage than making sure Sanchez and Geno have the right call.

Rex is too proud to cheat and too dumb to get away with it.

Eh, I don't think pride has anything to do with it.

Belichick is manipulative with the rules, but doesn't give a crap what people think of him.

Rex is manipulative with what people think of him, and doesn't seem to even know all the rules, let alone give a crap about them.

Archived