Sammy Watkins, reminding us how great his life is

rillo

jusT a reminder JeTsNations Im not just a men, but plays with the speeds of many mens the difference between me and you is gravityso yall go back to your self employees and obamacarES yall mad but i got to treatmint and goT The best docTors here looking on for Me and listening to stuff two beside the fact that in hand some and brillant degree Im a star and stars isnt just a cable slash movie network conglomerate its actually Me so at the end of the day some once in a while its the end of the day and imma leave it at that and that is what it is-Justin Mccarenins

LMFAO - you play for the Bills.  Nothing is good.

He's from Fort Myers and went to school in South Carolina.  He's miserable in Buffalo.  Everyone is miserable in Buffalo. 

I am a Buffalonian.  Actually live in one of the suburbs.  It's a nice community with many friendly people.  

Sammy Watkins: My comments were inappropriate

Posted by Josh Alper on October 28, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT

Sammy WatkinsAP

Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins posted another comment to Instagram Wednesday, but this one probably won’t have to be deleted after the public gets a chance to read it.

Watkins got some attention earlier this week when he responded to people who posted comments on a picture of Watkins and his daughter enjoying themselves at Disney World during a week off for the Bills. The majority of those comments were not tips about which rides were worth taking twice. They were unsurprising and often vitriolic criticism of Watkins for being injured and Watkins responded by calling those people “losers” with “little jobs” who should “get a life.”

Watkins later deleted his comment, which was a pretty empty gesture given the lifespan of things posted on the internet. He doubled back on Wednesday to post an apology for his “inappropriate” comments and that he criticism is “part of the game.” Watkins also said that he’s frustrated about being injured because he wants to “help the team and win for the city of Buffalo and for my teammates.”

It’s never a good move for a professional athlete to mock the lives and jobs of others, even when the desire to do so comes from as reasonable a place as Watkins’s displeasure with people using a picture of him and his daughter as a platform to slam him. If he can’t avoid taking that bait, it’s probably best to share his social media life only with those he knows since it’s long been clear that opening such things to the masses is going to lead to negative comments for Watkins and just about everyone else in the public eye.

ttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/28/sammy-watkins-my-comments-were-inappropriate/

Sammy WatkinsAP

Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins posted another comment to Instagram Wednesday, but this one probably won’t have to be deleted after the public gets a chance to read it.

Watkins got some attention earlier this week when he responded to people who posted comments on a picture of Watkins and his daughter enjoying themselves at Disney World during a week off for the Bills. The majority of those comments were not tips about which rides were worth taking twice. They were unsurprising and often vitriolic criticism of Watkins for being injured and Watkins responded by calling those people “losers” with “little jobs” who should “get a life.”

Watkins later deleted his comment, which was a pretty empty gesture given the lifespan of things posted on the internet. He doubled back on Wednesday to post an apology for his “inappropriate” comments and that he criticism is “part of the game.” Watkins also said that he’s frustrated about being injured because he wants to “help the team and win for the city of Buffalo and for my teammates.”

It’s never a good move for a professional athlete to mock the lives and jobs of others, even when the desire to do so comes from as reasonable a place as Watkins’s displeasure with people using a picture of him and his daughter as a platform to slam him. If he can’t avoid taking that bait, it’s probably best to share his social media life only with those he knows since it’s long been clear that opening such things to the masses is going to lead to negative comments for Watkins and just about everyone else in the public eye.

ttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/28/sammy-watkins-my-comments-were-inappropriate/

Which I'm sure wasn't at all prompted by Buffalo's public relation team. Like totally not at all. 

Sammy WatkinsAP

Gotta feel bad for the poor intern in the PR department that had to pretend Watkins could ever spell "inappropriate."

Oh,  I'm sure it was.  This is what happens when a coach doesn't want to put  a muzzle on his players.  

Rex certainly doesn't help, but these athletes are just young and ignorant and don't realize they wouldn't have a job without the fans. He's 100% right that the majority of people watching him would kill for his job and I'm sure it's frustrating getting injured and people booing you because of a fantasy game, but he just needs to learn to have more tact. It'll come with time. 

Oh,  I'm sure it was.  This is what happens when a coach doesn't want to put  a muzzle on his players.  

It's what happens when the coach is a one-note moron fan-boy who motivates his players by telling them all that they're the best ever but doesn't have the guts to administer an ounce of discipline when called upon.

Rex certainly doesn't help, but these athletes are just young and ignorant and don't realize they wouldn't have a job without the fans. He's 100% right that the majority of people watching him would kill for his job and I'm sure it's frustrating getting injured and people booing you because of a fantasy game, but he just needs to learn to have more tact. It'll come with time. 

I think you are right Joe.  Actually,  I was a little surprised when Sammy spoke out a couple of weeks ago about not getting the ball.  It was really the first time I heard him complain.  He has given numerous interviews and has always been so upbeat and team orientated.  I agree with you in that he's frustrated because of his injury.  This kid just wants to go out and play ball.    It just seems like a lot of the players have been complaining lately.  It's been a rare occasion in the past to hear derogatory remarks.  I think Rex made a mistake when he said he did't want to muzzle his players.  In addition Fred Jackson is now gone and Kyle Williams is out (injured).  Both of these guys are/were leaders in the locker room.

It's what happens when the coach is a one-note moron fan-boy who motivates his players by telling them all that they're the best ever but doesn't have the guts to administer an ounce of discipline when called upon.

I have a feeling that this behavior is going to come back and haunt Rex.  I can't see Whaley or Brandon overlooking and not saying anything to Pegula.  

I think you are right Joe.  Actually,  I was a little surprised when Sammy spoke out a couple of weeks ago about not getting the ball.  It was really the first time I heard him complain.  He has given numerous interviews and has always been so upbeat and team orientated.  I agree with you in that he's frustrated because of his injury.  This kid just wants to go out and play ball.    It just seems like a lot of the players have been complaining lately.  It's been a rare occasion in the past to hear derogatory remarks.  I think Rex made a mistake when he said he did't want to muzzle his players.  In addition Fred Jackson is now gone and Kyle Williams is out (injured).  Both of these guys are/were leaders in the locker room.

YOUR COACH BROUGHT PERCY HARVIN INTO THE LOCKER ROOM TO MENTOR SAMMY WATKINS THIS WAS INEVITABLE

YOUR COACH BROUGHT PERCY HARVIN INTO THE LOCKER ROOM TO MENTOR SAMMY WATKINS THIS WAS INEVITABLE

I never thought about that.  Just read an  article that includes some more news about Harvin.    Returning????  Not anytime soon.

"Then, Harvin missed a Week Six game against Cincinnati because of a nagging hip injury. Or so we thought. When Harvin didn’t make the trip to London for the Week Seven game against Jacksonville, the team listed him on the injury report as being out for “personal” reasons. It was revealed that Harvin skipped the trip and returned home to mull over whether he wants to keep playing despite his injury problems. By listing him as being out for personal reasons as opposed to injury, it’s clear the Bills thought Harvin went AWOL."

bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/28/bills-receivers-have-plenty-of-catching-up-to-do/

Archived