Can Marshall stay focused for 60?

Jetster

One of the things not being talked about is Brandons TD drops. He's botched as many plays as he's made in these games so far. Is it a lack of focus, is he pretending to be as happy as he seems to be a NY Jet?  After last week he said he should have walked home & was looking to atone. In the NFL your big time players have to make big time plays, especially in the clutch as most NFL games are won & lost in the 4th quarter. He's had either bad drops or alligator arms in all 3 of our losses. Don't tell me what he's done in our wins, much is expected of our highest paid players. 

One of the things not being talked about is Brandons TD drops. He's botched as many plays as he's made in these games so far. Is it a lack of focus, is he pretending to be as happy as he seems to be a NY Jet?  After last week he said he should have walked home & was looking to atone. In the NFL your big time players have to make big time plays, especially in the clutch as most NFL games are won & lost in the 4th quarter. He's had either bad drops or alligator arms in all 3 of our losses. Don't tell me what he's done in our wins, much is expected of our highest paid players. 

BM has also made some circus catches on balls he shouldn't have caught.. He's the least of the Jets problems..

I think dropping TD catches is a problem. How many times do we target him? He should be making plays for what we pay him.

3 losses he's had bad drops in all, excuse if you want. We need people to do their jobs for 60 minutes.

I think dropping TD catches is a problem. How many times do we target him? He should be making plays for what we pay him.

3 losses he's had bad drops in all, excuse if you want. We need people to do their jobs for 60 minutes.

Do you think before you post?
Marshall got hurt twice during the game and came back to make plays each time. The guy is a warrior, but unfortunately he is also human. So he makes mistakes. 

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

Prior to yesterday's game he was 70th in dropped passes with guys like Edelman, Demayrius Thomas, AJ Green, Odell Beckham, Maclin, Landry, Cobb, Tate, Cooper and Julio Jones have more drops than Marshall. 

I assume you wouldn't want those guys on the Jets because they drop balls and therefore don't play "60 minutes." 

You kinda have a point here. I can recall 3 TD drops uncontested and 2 that I felt he could have gathered but didnt given that it was contested. 

With that said he's still having the best season by a WR that anyone of us has seen in like 15-20 years. 

I'm going to give Marshall a break for that one because A: he was hurt and B: that was a much tougher catch than the New England one

I'm going to give Marshall a break for that one because A: he was hurt and B: that was a much tougher catch than the New England one

I really like Brandon, I'm just saying he's had some huge drops in our losses. He's obviously an important cog in the wheel.

Shut up. He is on pace to have the greatest season a Jets receiver has ever had. He is on pace for 114 catches, 1568 yards and 10 TDs. 

Plus he actually takes ownership of his mistakes? There is literally nothing to dislike about the guy unless you are an a$$hole. 

If we had 53 Brandon Marshalls we'd be crushing every team we play by 40 or more. 

Do you think before you post?Marshall got hurt twice during the game and came back to make plays each time. The guy is a warrior, but unfortunately he is also human. So he makes mistakes. 

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

Prior to yesterday's game he was 70th in dropped passes with guys like Edelman, Demayrius Thomas, AJ Green, Odell Beckham, Maclin, Landry, Cobb, Tate, Cooper and Julio Jones have more drops than Marshall. 

I assume you wouldn't want those guys on the Jets because they drop balls and therefore don't play "60 minutes." 

Buncha ******* mind-wandering losers. 

Shut up. He is on pace to have the greatest season a Jets receiver has ever had. He is on pace for 114 catches, 1568 yards and 10 TDs. 

Plus he actually takes ownership of his mistakes? There is literally nothing to dislike about the guy unless you are an a$$hole. 

If we had 53 Brandon Marshalls we'd be crushing every team we play by 40 or more. 

Well he's had enough mistakes to take ownership for...just sayin. Are we putting a lot on his plate? Sure, but just like when WRs cry to the QBs like he use to do with Cutler to get the ball, as they all say THEY WANT THE BALL, well then catch it. I'm not excusing any Pro player, this is a pay for play league. A catch in the 1st quarter is meaningless to a TD to go up by a TD in the 4th. I don't give a damn what you think or how you perceive any other Jet fan. Means squat. What happens in the clutch is what really matters in Pro sports. 

He  has had some significant drops but I am going to give him a pass as he is truly the only legit receiving threat we have week in and week out (Decker seems to always be battling some injury).  I know Geno made several bone headed plays yesterday but he hit Marshall right between the numbers and that should have been a touchdown and confidence booster for Smith going into next week.     

Well he's had enough mistakes to take ownership for...just sayin. Are we putting a lot on his plate? Sure, but just like when WRs cry to the QBs like he use to do with Cutler to get the ball, as they all say THEY WANT THE BALL, well then catch it. I'm not excusing any Pro player, this is a pay for play league. A catch in the 1st quarter is meaningless to a TD to go up by a TD in the 4th. I don't give a damn what you think or how you perceive any other Jet fan. Means squat. What happens in the clutch is what really matters in Pro sports. 

But you're only focusing on his mistakes because HE is the one calling attention to them. Do you hear Antonio Cromartie taking ownership for all of his blown coverages?

But you're only focusing on his mistakes because HE is the one calling attention to them. Do you hear Antonio Cromartie taking ownership for all of his blown coverages?

I expect more from Brandon, I don't expect sh*t from that washed up baby producer. Worst 7 million we've spent in years. I like Marshall A LOT, dude brings it, I just want him to finish. 

I know it is hard to believe but WR's occasionally do drop passes...even TD passes.

Marshall, as someone said is one of the least of our worries

Here's the 2015 list for drops this season Brandon is at 70..  http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

That list is BS. 2 drops? Ok. I've watched every game, though he's had some that might not be considered wide open, my criteria is if you get both hands on it you should catch it. After all it is your job.

That list is BS. 2 drops? Ok. I've watched every game, though he's had some that might not be considered wide open, my criteria is if you get both hands on it you should catch it. After all it is your job.

I would probably agree he's had more than two drops this season but if that list follows any type of consistent standard then it still strongly suggests Marshall is not a butterfingers WR especially considering the number of targets he gets.

Marshall has a history of drops.  It's nothing new.  Ask any Bronco, Dolphin or Bears fan.  He is an amazing athlete and makes spectacular plays, but those come with a very high drop ratio.  This is not news.  We knew this going in.

Archived