Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

Fitz doesn't make the playoffs based off his 3 INTs IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, yet we are going to pay that guy $12 million in the first year alone??? Geno must look terrible in practice wearing just shorts. I cannot believe that as bad as Geno has been, he is so terrible that he has less upside than an old Fitzpatrick... a bum who can't get to the playoffs, throw the deep ball, or avoid throwing 3 INTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. 

Any other QB on our roster throws 3 INTs in week 17 of a win and you're in scenario gets his head handed to him by the media and fans... but Fitz warrants a payday of $12 million??? 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, the Fitz haters won't even acknowledge that Fitz is our starting Qb. So then who started all of our games last season?

a 10 year journeyman QB with a losing lifetime record, no playoffs ever, shown the door by 5 teams.  Why do you ask?

12 million? That's exactly why the Jets a re a joke. Mike Maccagan is pathetic. Offering 12 million to a guy that no one wants? Don't worry Jets fans, you will all have a new HC/GM in 2017, I knew those two clowns wouldn't last long.

The Jets have to offer $12MM.

All the other 31 teams are bidding for his services as well.

15 hours ago, pointman said:

Fitz doesn't make the playoffs based off his 3 INTs IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, yet we are going to pay that guy $12 million in the first year alone??? Geno must look terrible in practice wearing just shorts. I cannot believe that as bad as Geno has been, he is so terrible that he has less upside than an old Fitzpatrick... a bum who can't get to the playoffs, throw the deep ball, or avoid throwing 3 INTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. 

Any other QB on our roster throws 3 INTs in week 17 of a win and you're in scenario gets his head handed to him by the media and fans... but Fitz warrants a payday of $12 million??? 

Fitz won 5 must win games in a row before losing that final one. You guys crack me up

Geno went 5 games without a TD his last year.

6 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Fitz won 5 must win games in a row before losing that final one. You guys crack me up

Geno went 5 games without a TD his last year.

So we just forget about 3 INTs in the end of a must win, week 17, game against our former coach because he won 5 games in a weak schedule with some pretty good talent around him? You crack me up. 

18 minutes ago, pointman said:

So we just forget about 3 INTs in the end of a must win, week 17, game against our former coach because he won 5 games in a weak schedule with some pretty good talent around him? You crack me up. 

Yeah wow 9 TDs 4 ints in last 6 must win games. Geno had 3 picks in 8 attempts against the very same team but you want to ignore that.

Fitz won 5 must win games in a row before he lost. Geno didn't win 5 games in his whole last season. Geno is not starting if we sign Fitz. 

A look at what's happening around the New York Jets :

1. Temperature rising : When Ryan Fitzpatrick was approached by two reporters last Monday at Willie Colon's charity golf outing, he declined to comment at length about his contract situation, saying he wants to preserve the sanctity of the negotiations. He told us "both sides have done a good job of not airing grievances to the public."

Since then, the tenor has changed. As Ron Burgundy would say, "Boy, that escalated quickly."

The battle has gone public, and the tipping point may have been the Eric Decker-Brandon Marshall no-show at Wednesday's open practice. The New York Post reported Decker stayed away from the voluntary workout to protest the Jets' handling of the Fitzpatrick situation, creating negative publicity for the team. You can bet some folks at One Jets Drive took note of the fact that Decker and Fitzpatrick are represented by the same agency, CAA. Decker is a Fitzpatrick loyalist, but it also struck some as an orchestrated negotiating tactic.Fitzpatrick's public-relations momentum was short-lived. On Friday, he was cast in some circles as "the greedy athlete" amid reports that he has been sitting for months on a three-year offer that would pay him $12 million in the first year, squashing the perception of the low-balling Jets.

So much for a peaceful negotiation.

I'm sure Fitzpatrick is ticked off that the numbers got out, but the sudden rancor doesn't mean a deal won't get done. Nothing will ever be more contentious than the Darrelle Revis holdout in 2010, and yet the two sides managed to negotiate a so-called Band-Aid contract. Instead of the Roscoe Diner, maybe general manager Mike Maccagnan and agent Jimmy Sexton can agree on a rest stop along the New Jersey Turnpike to hammer this one out.

2. What's the real offer ? At first glance, it's easy to criticize Fitzpatrick for not accepting a contract that would pay him $12 million in the first year, but that would be unfair unless you know the entire proposal. The numbers for the second and third year of the three-year offer have yet to emerge, but my sense is that it's a total of about $12 million, making it a three-year, $24 million deal. Fitzpatrick could earn more with incentives, but that won't be easy, as I'll explain in a bit. The bottom line is, if Fitzpatrick plays well this season and retains his starting job, he'd be significantly underpaid in 2017.The solution might be a one-year contract or a two-year deal that includes a team option for 2017, a la Sam Bradford. The latter choice would give the Jets the ability to keep Fitzpatrick for next year, using his 2016 performance to determine his pay in 2017.

3. Tough encore : Some people might be wondering why the Jets can't give Fitzpatrick an incentive-laden contract, providing the chance to earn big money if he performs. They could, but Fitzpatrick probably wouldn't want to go that route. He knows he'd have a tough time attaining "Not Likely to be Earned" incentives (NLTBEs), which don't count against the cap, because he posted career numbers last season.By rule, a player must exceed the previous season's threshold to trigger a NLTBE. For instance: He threw 31 touchdowns last season, which means he'd need 32 to trigger an incentive bonus. It also would be tough to hit markers for passing yards (3,905) and total team offense (10th). A playoff bonus (NLTBE) could yield a nice payout, but he might not want to put too many eggs in that basket. After all, he hasn't made the playoffs in his 11-year career.

My favorite NLTBE story: In 1997, Neil O'Donnell threw five touchdown passes in the season opener to earn a $1 million bonus. How'd that happen? He had only four in an injury-plagued '96.

rest of above article :

>     http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/60610/jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-standoff-could-use-a-word-from-ron-burgundy

Right now the Jets offer is the best and only offer on the table for Ryan Fitzpatrick many ridicule other players for being greedy and having no loyalty to the organization it seems to be like he would rather sit home, The Jets need to rescind the offer and tell Ryan Fitzpatrick thanks for 2015 but we are moving forward without you. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Right now the Jets offer is the best and only offer on the table for Ryan Fitzpatrick many ridicule other players for being greedy and having no loyalty to the organization it seems to be like he would rather sit home, The Jets need to rescind the offer and tell Ryan Fitzpatrick thanks for 2015 but we are moving forward without you. 

Joewilly12, you know this won't happen.

Mike Maccagan is drinking kool-aid by the 31 TD's, he won't rescind his offer, he is going to screw the JEts over and put them in cap hell next year, when they are supposed to have top 5 amount of cap next year

I applaud Fitz for taking a hold of this offense last year and provide leadership that we have lacked for many many years but............

It's time for management to make a stand.  I understand that he wants more money, who wouldn't, but at this point --if not done so  already privately - give him a hard deadline.  Sign by June 1st or we are done with Fitz and unfortunately we have to go with Geno.

This love affair with him through quotes in the media and players skipping practices has to be done with.  Mac is the opposite of the Circus show that Tanny/Idzik and Rex had here.  Lets start looking like an organization that steers clear from crap like this.

For all those people out there who are thinking that former New York Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is looking for too much money, try to wrap your head around what you’re about to read.

Via Brian Costello of the New York Post:

The $8 million average per year would make Fitzpatrick the 23rd highest-paid QB in NFL, right below Nick Foles and right above RGIII #nyj

As a person on the outside looking in at that situation, Fitzpatrick’s push for more money all of the sudden makes a whole lot more sense. The fact is, Fitzpatrick would literally be signing for less money on average than the current third-string quarterback of the Los Angeles Rams, Nick Foles.

We know the deal with Foles, any Rams fan out there is frustrated enough that we really don’t need to revisit it (but we will). I mean, in one season with the Rams, Foles played in 11 games, completed just 56.4 percent of his passes for 2,052 yards, seven touchdowns and 10 interceptions. His passer rating was a whopping 69.0.

After reading that lone fact above from Costello, it’s not the slightest bit surprising that Fitzmagic is pushing back on the current offer from the Jets. As crazy as it sounds, this may very well have to do with the fact that he’s looking at a QB like Foles who’ll STILL be making more money than him after landing his new deal.

>     http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/05/29/ryan-fitzpatricks-issues-with-his-contract-might-involve-nick-foles/

15 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I applaud Fitz for taking a hold of this offense last year and provide leadership that we have lacked for many many years but............

It's time for management to make a stand.  I understand that he wants more money, who wouldn't, but at this point --if not done so  already privately - give him a hard deadline.  Sign by June 1st or we are done with Fitz and unfortunately we have to go with Geno.

This love affair with him through quotes in the media and players skipping practices has to be done with.  Mac is the opposite of the Circus show that Tanny/Idzik and Rex had here.  Lets start looking like an organization that steers clear from crap like this.

Macc already looks like a clown for being involved in any negotiations with Ryan Fitzpatrick after 31 other NFL teams have already said NO 

15 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah wow 9 TDs 4 ints in last 6 must win games. Geno had 3 picks in 8 attempts against the very same team but you want to ignore that.

Fitz won 5 must win games in a row before he lost. Geno didn't win 5 games in his whole last season. Geno is not starting if we sign Fitz. 

This is about Fitz not being worth 12 million American freedom dollars. He had 3 interceptions in week 17. THREE. THREE. THREE. You crack me up.

56 minutes ago, pointman said:

This is about Fitz not being worth 12 million American freedom dollars. He had 3 interceptions in week 17. THREE. THREE. THREE. You crack me up.

Everyone knows that it's 3 years 24 mil. and yeah one game is all that matters so discount the 5 previous games with only 1 pick...You can't really believe you're being objective. 

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Everyone knows that it's 3 years 24 mil. and yeah one game is all that matters so discount the 5 previous games with only 1 pick...You can't really believe you're being objective. 

You honestly believe Fitzpatrick, with his overall resume warrants a deal that pays him a $12,000,000.00 USD for one season of play? 

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I don't care if this sounds gay...

Yes!  Oh yes please!  Stick it to us hard!

I'll go ahead and post this before someone else does...

you sound like you have experience getting "stuck" before. more power to ya

Archived