Erin Andrews Awarded $55 Million in Lawsuit

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I stand corrected. 

I still think this is something Hogan and Clem cooked up to hit a payday. Probably why it was settled out of court, just for show...

image.jpeg.18b9de27bd7806f8e7558c5746414

:-) 

I guess is a required part of the internet tough guy act around here to personally attack people with whom you disagree.  Good job there tough guy.

I am sorry but we simply disagree on this one. I think the nut job who did this has already spent a non-trivial amount of time in jail for his criminal offense and that the civil jury here simply saw a deep pockets opportunity to stick a "monopoly money" type award to the hotel chain.

If you do not think that Erin Edwards has actively been selling sex as part of her "act" then you are not seeing the same internet pictures as I am.  Give her another few years and she will doubtless complain that she is being shunted aside in favor of a younger, more attractive replacement.  All the while conveniently forgetting that this very bias is a large part of how she got the job in the first place.

No, not a tough guy. I just have a daughter. Unfortunately half of my job raising her will be teaching her how to deal with troglodytes that try to tell her everything she earns and works hard at is given for her looks alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

No, not a tough guy. I just have a daughter. Unfortunately half of my job raising her will be teaching her how to deal with troglodytes that try to tell her everything she earns and works hard at is given for her looks alone.

If she's your daughter, does she really have to worry about that?  :rolleyes:

I think some of you guys are nuts. Do you think your mother, sister, wife or daughter would ever be the same? Now consider if she travels for her career year-round and stays in hotel rooms dozens of nights (at a minimum) a year, how would her life and how she feels every day change? Every noise she hears in a hallway, every time she sees a person or a group of people looking at a computer screen or cell phone, it all has to affect her. Those videos are never going away. Does she pay for additional security? Does she live like that the rest of her life?

I think the real crime in all of this is that the guy got like 2 years in jail, and he's already out. So it gives her something else to think about, too.

Just now, Snell41 said:

Nice, now you're insulting a 2 year old girl. Wear that man pride strong. I bet your mom is real proud of you.

your  response brings a few questions to mind...

1. Do you not understand the sarcasm smiley?

2. Why do you think I'd know what age your daughter is?

3. What does the purple crayon taste like?

4. What is "Man Pride"? Can you get it in department stores?

5. What if your daughter becomes a model? Will you still tell her that it has nothing to do with her looks?

6. My mom's dead, how do I find out if she is proud of me? 

7. So if I was a woman, would my Woman Pride be just as besmirched?

59 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hey by the way Happy International Women's Day you guyz!

Wanna know how I learned it was International Women's Day? Opened up snapchat to see a beautiful blonde wearing nothing but thigh-high socks and a knicks' winter hat with the International Women's Day filter.  God Bless America.  And the internet.  And Al Gore. Also, today I learned how a roughly 7-figure payout will single-handedly bankrupt a hotel conglomerate.  My only question is how many lawsuits have they lost over the years, because they've been charging $6 for a bottle of water for a couple of decades now. Is it gonna jump to $10? THANKS ERIN

Probably unlikely to be interested in someone whose current claim to fame seems to be tossing around personal insults a la Trump.  Small Trump glove size JGB?.

But by all means dream on. Perhaps in your fantasy she will seek you out for so staunchly taking her side here in the rough and tumble world of football message boards.

Or not.

I don't consider it an insult to call me Trump. No politics allowed but you can guess what that means. And I bet Erin would be more into me than a guy who thinks she brought about getting humiliated because she hits the gym and has a year round tan.

Honestly if I saw her in person, I'd probably wouldn't notice. 

I have seen her in person and if you wouldn't notice that maybe you're more of a Zac Efron kinda guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Uh.........

"In fact, she was Heather Clem, who was then married to Todd Clem, Mr. Bollea’s onetime friend and a radio “shock-jock” whose legal name is Bubba the Love Sponge. The former wrestler also sued the Clems after the tape became public, a case that was settled out of court."

I stand corrected. 

I still think this is something Hogan and Clem cooked up to hit a payday. Probably why it was settled out of court, just for show...

They settled for five lousy grand and an apology. That's a facade settlement.

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

I have seen her in person and if you wouldn't notice that maybe you're more of a Zac Efron kinda guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

OOooo gay joke. Edgy. Some guys like more than pancake butts and collar bones. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I don't consider it an insult to call me Trump. No politics allowed but you can guess what that means. And I bet Erin would be more into me than a guy who thinks she brought about getting humiliated because she hits the gym and has a year round tan.

Yes that pretty much tells me all I need to know.  You are correct.

All of the rest of that is about as likely as a river running uphill.  You fantasies are wonderfully detailed however.  I am sure that is a constant comfort to you when you are alone with yourself at night.

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

LOL@Troglodytes

<no I am not a tough guy but...>      <insert tough guy commentary here>

Your arguments are bereft of substance.

58 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Yes that pretty much tells me all I need to know.  You are correct.

All of the rest of that is about as likely as a river running uphill.  You fantasies are wonderfully detailed however.  I am sure that is a constant comfort to you when you are alone with yourself at night.

You probably shouldn't take everything so literally that you read on a fan board. But seriously let whatever vendetta against women you have go. Whatever her name was it was a long time ago she rejected you for the junior prom.

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nobody would turn down the money. That's not my point though (which clearly you weren't paying attention to).  My point is how effed up the court system is to allow such a ludicrous penalty.  Again there are murder cases involving non-famous people that don't come anywhere close to this number.  Even OJ only had to pay $25M for 3 murders.   

I am paying attention.  Youre not listening.  It wasnt a ludicrous penalty.  It is only to those who are jealous.

And you keep saying OJ murdered 3.  He wasnt even convicted of 1, was charged with 2, where are you getting 3?

Just as you keep harping on what he had to pay, he paid nothing and you'll just ignore that 25 mil 20 years ago is worth a lot more than 55 today

5 hours ago, isired said:

I think some of you guys are nuts. Do you think your mother, sister, wife or daughter would ever be the same? Now consider if she travels for her career year-round and stays in hotel rooms dozens of nights (at a minimum) a year, how would her life and how she feels every day change? Every noise she hears in a hallway, every time she sees a person or a group of people looking at a computer screen or cell phone, it all has to affect her. Those videos are never going away. Does she pay for additional security? Does she live like that the rest of her life?

I think the real crime in all of this is that the guy got like 2 years in jail, and he's already out. So it gives her something else to think about, too.

I asked the same in numerous posts.  People dont get it, some are too braindead to see past the money

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I am paying attention.  Youre not listening.  It wasnt a ludicrous penalty.  It is only to those who are jealous.

And you keep saying OJ murdered 3.  He wasnt even convicted of 1, was charged with 2, where are you getting 3?

Just as you keep harping on what he had to pay, he paid nothing and you'll just ignore that 25 mil 20 years ago is worth a lot more than 55 today

Just pure jealously and complete lack of empathy. Sad really.

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I asked the same in numerous posts.  People dont get it, some are too braindead to see past the money

Yup they just see the money, add in an undercurrent of misogyny and resentment toward the fairer sex for years of perceived slights (i.e. lack of interest) and voila you have unfrozen caveman sportsfan convention.

My guess is that it boils down to this-If Erin Andrews had the option of:

1. Never having had this happen and she continued her career, maybe without some of the special benefits this supposedly gave her, but had a solid broadcast career 

OR 

2. Enduring this video and the supposed humiliation + the court's decision + a few supposed extra career perks

That she would choose #2. Maybe that is me hoping that there is a solid intention of a cute lady who wants to just have her dignity and sense of peace.

Again, that may just be me.

On March 8, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Rangers9 said:

I don't care about the money. I just feel very sorry for her. You can see she was totally destroyed by all of this. If she does get anything I'm sure she'll donate most of it after legal expenses to charity. 

The rest of her life told in emojis ???????????????✈️??✈️???????????✌?️???

23 hours ago, rillo said:

Let's pump the brakes here, if this happened to you or your loved one you'll be looking to sue too. I don't agree with the verdict, but everyone screams tort reform until they're affect by negligence, incompetence or just douchebaggary. 

I would sue also. But I would NOT be looking for f*cking 55 million. That is beyond absurd. That is so insanely ridiculous. Like I said, with that kind of verdict you should be looking at a wrongful death suit.

Not sure if it's been said already but not reading every page. But So it's basically split 50/50 Marriott and the other guy. The one dude has no money so the 26 million from mariott is what she will get right? Nope.. They are gonna appeal, probably down to 20 million. Take out 40 percent lawyer fees, a 1 million trial setup fee and the ever loving federal taxes, and she will be left with... 6 or 7 million. I'll still take it. 

I would sue also. But I would NOT be looking for f*cking 55 million. That is beyond absurd. That is so insanely ridiculous. Like I said, with that kind of verdict you should be looking at a wrongful death suit.

so what number would you think would be enough to make the Marriott group and others like it make policy and enforcement changes that would help make site this didn't happen again?

Ok, so what's suitable for you or your daughter? 

...knowing that they'll get like 10% of it, and nothing from the douchebag that did it?

On 3/8/2016 at 7:40 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not making light of the situation but nobody physically assaulted her.  And in the cases of actual physical assault how many victims get awarded anywhere close to $55 million in a civil case? 

OJ Simpson murdered 3 people and had to pay $25 million.  Not that $25 million isn't a ton of money but EA getting paid more than double the amount paid for 3 murders is absurd.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/11/us/jury-decides-simpson-must-pay-25-million-in-punitive-award.html?pagewanted=all

Have to agree. 55 Million?? That is insane... 

On 3/8/2016 at 9:18 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

To me there is a huge problem w/ our legal system (assuming what you wrote actually is the case). 

That Marriott carries liability insurance in cased they get sued.  The insurance companies simply raise their rates in the long run it is you and I (and many of those jurors) who wind up paying for this large settlements... 

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I stand corrected on the OJ murder count. It was 2 (Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman).  My point is the same though.  In civil court (where the burden of proof is lower) OJ WAS convicted of the murders. As for your point that $25M from 20 years ago was a lot less than it is today, fair enough.  But even if it would take $50 M to equal $25M from 20 years ago (and I doubt that though I do think the US is going to experience hyperinflation at some point soon thanks the the Federal Reserve's reckless money printing) is what happens to EA anywhere close to 2 murders?   That was my point about you not listening.  

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

That Marriott carries liability insurance in cased they get sued.  The insurance companies simply raise their rates in the long run it is you and I (and many of those jurors) who wind up paying for this large settlements... 

Exactly but many on here feel this was a just penalty because "hey who cares.  It's not my money". 

Archived