Tweets From Bowles

KRL

Tweets from Bowles press conference:

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  54 minutes ago 

Bowles on TE Jace Amaro: "He got hurt so early, I've got to see what he is." #jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  48 minutes ago 

Q: Would losing Fitz be a step back for the #Jets?

Bowles: "(matter-of-factly) No. We have Plan B, C + D in place."

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  45 minutes ago 

Bowles said Buster Skrine will start outside, opposite Darrelle Revis, to start camp #jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  36 minutes ago 

Bowles on Lorenzo Mauldin: "Year 2, we expect him to make a big jump." Said #Jets are
looking for him to be "a major player this year."

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  34 minutes ago 

Bowles said #Jets wouldn't be deterred by potential circus-like atmosphere if RGIII came
to NY/NJ. "You don't factor that in," he said

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  31 minutes ago 

Q: What can Dee Milliner bring to the table when he's healthy?

Todd Bowles: "I've never seen him healthy, so I don't know." #jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  22 minutes ago 

Year 2 expectation for Leonard Williams?  Becoming a leader, Bowles said #jets

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PCP63 said:

Bowles just doesn't give a ****, lol.

"I've never seen him healthy."

Haha, perfect answer!

I thought he was talking about Pennington for a minute...  I would argue that HERM , had he looked at Pennington that way,  the JETS would be a different team.

7 minutes ago, faba said:

Yeah Amaro and Milliner have to show something to new regime- prove you belong the way it should be.

Quinn told me NFL teams used nickel defenses 60% of the time last year. He expects that number to increase in 2016.

I agree, but this 'fact' leads me to believe he (milliner) is going nowhere. Need all the depth we can get.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is a really, really, bad idea.

Probably.  But who else would be the starter heading into camp?  If he's still the starter when Week 1 rolls around, THAT will be bad news, because it'll mean Marcus Williams, McDougle, Milliner and the rest of the crew have shown little to no improvement.

I'm a little upset that Skrine will get the outside over Williams but I guess they can battle it out. Marcus was good in spot duty on the outside and Skrine was pretty good covering in the slot/blitzing. CB2 will be a fun one to follow in camp at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Jet in PA said:

I'm a little upset that Skrine will get the outside over Williams but I guess they can battle it out. Marcus was good in spot duty on the outside and Skrine was pretty good covering in the slot/blitzing. CB2 will be a fun one to follow in camp at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That week when itself out. Williams will start when it counts.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably.  But who else would be the starter heading into camp?  If he's still the starter when Week 1 rolls around, THAT will be bad news, because it'll mean Marcus Williams, McDougle, Milliner and the rest of the crew have shown little to no improvement.

Something tells me CB will be an early round pick. Maybe even in the first round. I'm hoping Williams is more than just a good relief pitcher at CB and can do better than he did when seeing extended action last season.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Something tells me CB will be an early round pick. Maybe even in the first round. I'm hoping Williams is more than just a good relief pitcher at CB and can do better than he did when seeing extended action last season.

This place will probably erupt if we take a corner at 20, lol.  But it wouldn't be the worst decision.  Just gotta hope its not another Kyle Wilson or Milliner.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

This place will probably erupt if we take a corner at 20, lol.  But it wouldn't be the worst decision.  Just gotta hope its not another Kyle Wilson or Milliner.

I'd rather CB than DE. There's no Cro and no Walls this season. Milliner is the only depth on the outside with Williams, that's not ideal. McDougle is more of a slot corner in the mold of Skrine. Corner is definitely going to be addressed come draft time.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'd rather CB than DE. There's no Cro and no Walls this season. Milliner is the only depth on the outside with Williams, that's not ideal. McDougle is more of a slot corner in the mold of Skrine. Corner is definitely going to be addressed come draft time.

Not sure how we'll survive the post-Darrin Walls era.  Somehow we'll make it through.  :)

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

While we have a lot more immediate needs if the best player on the board at 20 is CB I think you can't ignore it.  We need to start developing some young guys that can step in, Revis while still great is not going to be an elite #1 CB much longer and Skrine is really more of a slot guy then it's just a bunch of JAGS that Idzik and Rex drafted so while it may not be an immediate need now CB is going to become a big issue very soon and I think its time we start getting some young talent at the position.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Tweets from Bowles press conference:

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  54 minutes ago 

Bowles on TE Jace Amaro: "He got hurt so early, I've got to see what he is." #jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  48 minutes ago 

Q: Would losing Fitz be a step back for the #Jets?

Bowles: "(matter-of-factly) No. We have Plan B, C + D in place."

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  45 minutes ago 

Bowles said Buster Skrine will start outside, opposite Darrelle Revis, to start camp #jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  36 minutes ago 

Bowles on Lorenzo Mauldin: "Year 2, we expect him to make a big jump." Said #Jets are
looking for him to be "a major player this year."

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  34 minutes ago 

Bowles said #Jets wouldn't be deterred by potential circus-like atmosphere if RGIII came
to NY/NJ. "You don't factor that in," he said

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  31 minutes ago 

Q: What can Dee Milliner bring to the table when he's healthy?

Todd Bowles: "I've never seen him healthy, so I don't know." #jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  22 minutes ago 

Year 2 expectation for Leonard Williams?  Becoming a leader, Bowles said #jets

Love everything he's saying here, except the part about moving Skrine outside. He's a top slot corner, keep him there, it's where he creates an advantage for the defense. No logic in moving him outside to just be a "meh" corner. It's like when the Pats flirted with moving Devin McCourty back to CB. He's mediocre as a CB, but he's excellent as a S.

Makes no sense. Hoping we see a new addition to the roster that helps us put Skrine back in the slot.

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but how great is it that Leonard and Mauldin both look like "hits" in the draft. After dumping the entire 2012 draft class, it's refreshing to see picks play out.

55 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is a really, really, bad idea.

Just because he said it, doesn't mean he believes he's the best option to start there Game 1. There are guys on the roster who have stuff to prove this summer if they want that spot. Who would you recommend that he list as the favorite?  Who else has earned it?

The Fitzpatrick deadline comment is interesting.  If you want to be the starter you need
to be there when the off-season program starts.  That's when chemistry is built with your
playmakers:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  15 minutes ago 

Bowles not concerned by Forte's age: "We have this mythical number that 30 is over the
hill for a player. That's not necessarily true." #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  13 minutes ago 

Bowles said Jets have a Fitzpatrick deadline. Wouldn't divulge when it is, but said
"we're not close to that." #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  6 minutes ago 

Bowles on whether he will switch to a 4-3: "There's a chance. We played some 4-3 last
year. We mix and match." #nyj

Archived