Scouting Report: Christian Hackenberg

johnnyjet

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Fitz played balls to the wall, basically played the season of his life. He fired up his team mates for the most part and the fanbase, generally, was behind him.

However, his attitude, courage and likability has never won a "must win" game. He fires up the team but that team wasnt fired up week 17....a must win game. They werent fired up against the Texans. We like to blame Revis for the Texans game but the Jets couldnt score points....who's in charge of that?

People confuse Fitz the person with Fitz the football player. Fitz looks like a guy who would be a blast to go to a bar with and just talk sh*t and have a good time. Fitz the football player is not the guy I want on Thursday night against the Bills, Week 17 against the Bills, an AFC match against his old team in the Texans, any football team that can put up points. He's not a starter, but the guy can fire up a team no doubt.

Oh, so I guess they could have lost the Pats game the week before? Or the 4 games before that??

The Jets won 5  must win games in a row.

You try to pass yourself off as someone who knows football, then say stupid ass sh1t like this all the time.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Oh, so I guess they could have lost the Pats game the week before? Or the 4 games before that??

You try to pass yourself off as someone who knows football, then say stupid ass sh1t like this all the time.

TL;DR.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He should have thrown the ball away and lived for 2nd down.  It was not the time to be aggressive.  But we all know that's not what happened.  He has no accuracy, especially when he tries to get a little more on a throw.  

He had to protect the 2 points first, try and get 7.  They weren't down 4 or more, they were down 2.  At the 14.  Protect the friggen ball.  

Please, let's not try to make a hideously bad play into something good. 

I'm not trying to turn it into something good. I'm saying that had he thrown it away two plays in a row he'd be getting stick for the missed FG or not getting the TD if Buffalo came back. It's easy with hindsight to say it's not the time to be aggressive - His aggressive passing got us back into the game after our cowardly gameplan went to sh*t. We played completely afraid and it showed. 

Plenty of accuracy on those 31 TD's. I'm sure you would have preferred to see Geno lead us into that Bills game with a 6-9 record, playing for nothing, with his renowned ability to protect the ball. 

17 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I'm not trying to turn it into something good. I'm saying that had he thrown it away two plays in a row he'd be getting stick for the missed FG or not getting the TD if Buffalo came back. It's easy with hindsight to say it's not the time to be aggressive - His aggressive passing got us back into the game after our cowardly gameplan went to sh*t. We played completely afraid and it showed. 

Plenty of accuracy on those 31 TD's. I'm sure you would have preferred to see Geno lead us into that Bills game with a 6-9 record, playing for nothing, with his renowned ability to protect the ball. 

accuracy by throwing the ball up for grabs and watching his 2 big time WRs go up and get them? sure.

Brandon Marshall got us back in that game after fitz was playing scared and allowed the wind to spook him.

we have no idea what our record is w/ Geno, maybe it's the same? maybe worse? maybe better? who knows.  he never had that OC and that talent to work with.

There's a lot of blame to go around in that Buffalo game, but Fitz deserves most of the blame being sent his way. He was exposed in that weather. If Giants Stadium II had its usual two, three, or more Sundays with real wind, rain, or snow, I don't think Fitz and his pea-shooter would have nearly this much support around here. 

The Jets have drafted their presumptive QB of the future. If they bring Fitz back, it's basically a one year rental. On a team that currently doesn't have enough cap space to sign its draft picks, I just don't see Fitz as a $7-8M (or more) upgrade. 

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

accuracy by throwing the ball up for grabs and watching his 2 big time WRs go up and get them? sure.

Brandon Marshall got us back in that game after fitz was playing scared and allowed the wind to spook him.

we have no idea what our record is w/ Geno, maybe it's the same? maybe worse? maybe better? who knows.  he never had that OC and that talent to work with.

You let your boys make plays. That's the point of having big WR's.

It would have been worse. I went into another dimension and checked. 

16 minutes ago, slats said:

There's a lot of blame to go around in that Buffalo game, but Fitz deserves most of the blame being sent his way. He was exposed in that weather. If Giants Stadium II had its usual two, three, or more Sundays with real wind, rain, or snow, I don't think Fitz and his pea-shooter would have nearly this much support around here. 

The Jets have drafted their presumptive QB of the future. If they bring Fitz back, it's basically a one year rental. On a team that currently doesn't have enough cap space to sign its draft picks, I just don't see Fitz as a $7-8M (or more) upgrade. 

The Weaponz, the schedule and now the sunshine.

Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

we beat 4 awful teams and one good team that didn't care.  2 of those awful teams we barely beat, let's not act like we were really impressive leading up to that Bills game and that fitz was carrying us.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

You let your boys make plays. That's the point of having big WR's.

It would have been worse. I went into another dimension and checked. 

why couldn't Geno let them make plays?

I LIKE Fitz, he did a good job for us, but we are going overboard on him here.  the man played scared in the biggest game of his life against a dead team.

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we beat 4 awful teams and one good team that didn't care.  2 of those awful teams we barely beat, let's not act like we were really impressive leading up to that Bills game and that fitz was carrying us.

That was not the argument, VillanTheFraud said that Fitz has NEVER won a must win game, he did not argue he never won a must win game against a good team, or he never won 5 must win games against all good teams. I was pointing out that he was wrong, as he usually is, the Jets won 5 must win games in a row, and one was against the defending SB champs and the division winner........

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Revis was injured.  Whats Fitz's excuse, he wasnt being paid 16 mil?

Fitz's excuse is rather obvious, he's not the kind of QB who can win games with both his starting RB's being hurt/ineffective, his O-line failing to protect him late in the game, his WR's dropping critical game-winning passes, and his defense being unable to make stops when it mattered all day long. 

One more time, there was plenty of blame to throw around.

Tell that to the "it's all Fitz's fault" folks, not me.

Even as you go back and forth between saying just that and the times you blame Revis and how much he earns.  Because 16 mil players dont get hurt?

16 million a year Franchise defensive players can and are held to account when they stink up the joint, yes, hurt or not.  This is the NFL, everyone is hurt.  The post-Revis-failing "oh I was hurt" is after action excuse making.  

But the point is, as we keep saying, the game was there for the taking.  14 yards line, 1st down, 2 points down and Fitz responded with a piss poor pass for a game changing INT instead of throwing it away.  

Inexcusable 

You're right, that pass was inexcusable.  But it did not cost us the game, what cost us the game was a TEAM effort to ensure we lost.

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

why couldn't Geno let them make plays?

I LIKE Fitz, he did a good job for us, but we are going overboard on him here.  the man played scared in the biggest game of his life against a dead team.

Can you explain played scared? If he played scared, why did he take a huge risk by throwing a ball before the WR made his cut into the end zone to get intercepted? That was a risk, not something someone playing scared does. Playing bad, or affected by the wind, or whatever you want to say, but please explain what you mean by playing scared, give some examples, cause this seems like typical Jets fan stupid nonsense, that you usually are on the other end of defending when it comes to Sanchez.

The delusion.

the pats game fitz was going against a team missing their to bowl safety and their other all pro safety.

those 5 in a row were against bottom of the barell teams.

i find it hilarious how a guy likes you wants to give her m all the credit for wins, and none in the losses.

go back to jerking to your fitzasshat poster 

6 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

The delusion.

the pats game fitz was going against a team missing their to bowl safety and their other all pro safety.

i find it hilarious how a guy likes you wants to give her m all the credit for wins, and none in the losses.

Look, I know asking you to have a brain is a bit much, so I will aim a little lower. Lets try to stick within the context of my quote, can we clown? Villan said Fitz has NEVER won a must win game, he did not put ANY context around it, such as who the Pats had, or didnt have, or how good any of the must win oppnonents were. I was simply claiming he was wrong as he usually is, and his post was not factual. Work on that brain, I thin TinkMan would be a better name for you than Colgateman. 

49 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

That was not the argument, VillanTheFraud said that Fitz has NEVER won a must win game, he did not argue he never won a must win game against a good team, or he never won 5 must win games against all good teams. I was pointing out that he was wrong, as he usually is, the Jets won 5 must win games in a row, and one was against the defending SB champs and the division winner........

the 5 games before were NOT must games, we could have lost and still be in contention.  the defending SB champs look disinterested and we still needed OT to beat them.

29 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Can you explain played scared? If he played scared, why did he take a huge risk by throwing a ball before the WR made his cut into the end zone to get intercepted? That was a risk, not something someone playing scared does. Playing bad, or affected by the wind, or whatever you want to say, but please explain what you mean by playing scared, give some examples, cause this seems like typical Jets fan stupid nonsense, that you usually are on the other end of defending when it comes to Sanchez.

he played scared all game, he looked off, he looked spooked by the wind.  he didn't not look like the same guy we saw most of the year.  I can't really give a specific example, I haven't committed it to memory but it was the way he looked to me in the game.  it may be nonsense, I may have been reading too much into it but w/ Mark he may have had bad games but I never felt like the moment was too big, it looked like the moment was too big for Fitz.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

the 5 games before were NOT must games, we could have lost and still be in contention.  the defending SB champs look disinterested and we still needed OT to beat them.

he played scared all game, he looked off, he looked spooked by the wind.  he didn't not look like the same guy we saw most of the year.  I can't really give a specific example, I haven't committed it to memory but it was the way he looked to me in the game.  it may be nonsense, I may have been reading too much into it but w/ Mark he may have had bad games but I never felt like the moment was too big, it looked like the moment was too big for Fitz.

LOL, that is all.

42 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Look, I know asking you to have a brain is a bit much, so I will aim a little lower. Lets try to stick within the context of my quote, can we clown? Villan said Fitz has NEVER won a must win game, he did not put ANY context around it, such as who the Pats had, or didnt have, or how good any of the must win oppnonents were. I was simply claiming he was wrong as he usually is, and his post was not factual. Work on that brain, I thin TinkMan would be a better name for you than Colgateman. 

44 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

The delusion.

@Maxman

Only reason I went that way was because of his post, the bolded part. I find that a bit worse than what I said, which was in retaliation, not starting it.

LOL, that is all.

he hadn't thrown an INT all year when targeting decker, he threw a killer one in that game targeting Decker.  He wasn't the same player that day as he was most of that season.  There's a reason he has never been to the playoffs.

If you have the time and want a good look at what Hackenberg did well in college, the things that don't show up in the box score, this was a great link sent to me by JetNationRadio's @Joeblewett

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is like the 8th time this got posted.

Looked through two pages worth of thread titles and didn't see it.  My apologies.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This is like the 8th time this got posted.

I posted it MONTHS ago in the draft forum.  Nice little thread came of that. I don't mind seeing reposted though because it makes me feel like I have good taste lmao.

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

the defending SB champs look disinterested and we still needed OT to beat them.

Which itself would have been unnecessary if not for the fumble-6, and further required BB inexplicably declining the ball in OT.  Wins are Fitzpatrick-wins ("he" won the prior 4 games), but losses are "team losses" where blame is shared.

Sure we put points on the board against Jacksonville, Miami, Tennessee, Cleveland, and backups-starting Redskins team. When we needed points, against the Eagles, Texans, Raiders, Buffalo...where was he? Throwing picks or mindlessly getting himself injured. 

Thing is, I don't think our defense will have an equally easy a time keeping every opponent at 20 or under against the Bengals, Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks, Cardinals, (healthy) Colts, and likely-improved Ravens offense.

Add those to our 6 divisional games and Browns-9ers-Rams. The Browns should be an automatic win for us, and probably SF as well, though both offenses should be improved in 2016 (particularly if Gordon is reinstated in Cleveland). LA is hard to tell. Rams were 7-9 last year, but without a passing game they lost 5 games when the D held the opposition to under 20 points in regulation. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Which itself would have been unnecessary if not for the fumble-6, and further required BB inexplicably declining the ball in OT.  Wins are Fitzpatrick-wins ("he" won the prior 4 games), but losses are "team losses" where blame is shared.

Sure we put points on the board against Jacksonville, Miami, Tennessee, Cleveland, and backups-starting Redskins team. When we needed points, against the Eagles, Texans, Raiders, Buffalo...where was he? Throwing picks or mindlessly getting himself injured. 

Thing is, I don't think our defense will have an equally easy a time keeping every opponent at 20 or under against the Bengals, Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks, Cardinals, (healthy) Colts, and likely-improved Ravens offense.

Add those to our 6 divisional games and Browns-9ers-Rams. The Browns should be an automatic win for us, and probably SF as well, though both offenses should be improved in 2016 (particularly if Gordon is reinstated in Cleveland). LA is hard to tell. Rams were 7-9 last year, but without a passing game they lost 5 games when the D held the opposition to under 20 points in regulation. 

I don't think deferring as his craziest move, he tries to outsmart opponents all the time and i don't have an issue kicking off if you trust your D.  What was bigger was at the end of the first half how they sat on it and went to the LR.  NE had just under 2 minutes and 2 TOs which is an absolute eternity for Tom Brady and they ran out the clock.  

he played terrible and even some times vs weak teams

he is hot garbage-he is a poor mans todd blackledge

PSU has producted on good qb in collins and the rest of their qbs for a known program have been terrible-does that mean if a guy goes there he must suck-no but history has shown they almost all do

his % percentage is tebewesque if he was more accurate

when it is all said in done you can hang his jersey next to Browning Nagel

Fitz had a great 5 game must win streak to get us to the win and and you in game.  The is no taking that away from him.  He was great.

That Buf game was arguably the most important game of his entire career.  No matter how you cut the mustard, he choked in the 4th quarter of the most important game of his life.  Spin it any way you like but those are the facts.

Is Fitz the average or slightly better than average QB that we've all be begging for, yes.  Is he worth a penny more than we're offering, I think not.    

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't think deferring as his craziest move, he tries to outsmart opponents all the time and i don't have an issue kicking off if you trust your D.  What was bigger was at the end of the first half how they sat on it and went to the LR.  NE had just under 2 minutes and 2 TOs which is an absolute eternity for Tom Brady and they ran out the clock.  

Outsmarting is only smart if it ends up working. When it blows up in his face, like in this case, he's only outsmarted himself. Had Ryan done something like that and lost, it would be talked about for a decade here (and rightly freaking so).

Look, I get his idea: if we don't score, then a mere FG ends the game. If they take the ball and only get a FG, we're going to keep using all 4 downs each series to march down the field.

Cute idea on paper, except he's missing half his starting secondary (actually more I think; didn't their nickelback get injured in the 4th quarter also?). Given that, and given how open our guys were (including Enunwa on the last series in regulation I might add) and how we ran down the field in OT like they weren't even there, it was really stupid. Well that's what happens when MIT kids aren't screwing with our headset frequencies. 

8 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Fitz had a great 5 game must win streak to get us to the win and and you in game.  The is no taking that away from him.  He was great.

That Buf game was arguably the most important game of his entire career.  No matter how you cut the mustard, he choked in the 4th quarter of the most important game of his life.  Spin it any way you like but those are the facts.

Is Fitz the average or slightly better than average QB that we've all be begging for, yes.  Is he worth a penny more than we're offering, I think not.    

No he didn't, he was awful against dallas, awful most of the Giant game, disappeared in the 2nd half of the NE game.

he's an average starter, he is what he is.  I still want him back and he is our best QB for 2016 but I am not expecting miracles if he is back.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No he didn't, he was awful against dallas, awful most of the Giant game, disappeared in the 2nd half of the NE game.

he's an average starter, he is what he is.  I still want him back and he is our best QB for 2016 but I am not expecting miracles if he is back.

Luckily the Giants stalled on back to back second-half drives where they got into FG range on 1st down and came away with nothing both times. Once by penalties and once by Coughlin unnecessarily going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the chip-shot with a 10 point lead halfway through the 4th quarter. The chip-shot that likely would have made it a 2-TD game instead of a TD + FG game, and we likely lose if they opt for the 20 yard FG. Like we did, on the very next drive.

Another opponent HC out-thinking himself and, in doing so, handed us the game. Hey, good for us, but it's not like we wiped the floor with them.

Archived