Day 2 Mini-Camp report

joewilly12

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home

Your Home Timeline

New York Jets Retweeted
Bowles on OLB Position: A lot of youth, a lot of inexperience, a lot of talent. Says door isn't closed to Pace returning.
Bowles: "I think [Brandon Shell, great nephew of Art Shell] is pretty good in his own right...He wants to make his own name."
CBS Sports Retweeted
Blue skies ahead. Let's golf.
Embedded
Bowles "hopeful" TE's Amaro and Sudfeld will be cleared to practice this spring. Both coming off season-ending surgeries. #NYJ
Bowles "not sure" when Devin Smith will return to the field from torn

Home

Your Home Timeline

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Can't help but picture you in your one room apartment smoking cigarettes, drinking Old Grandad, listening to Elliot Smith, checking Twitter, and sharing only those tweets that best reflect your overall outlook on life.  

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

check out this comment from the comment section 

You guys are comical. Yes it means nothing.just like his pathetic college career. Inaccuracy in shorts after being the least accurate college qb is meaningless, because once he plays the pros he will magically develop all the skills that others say he does not possess.

Seriously though, it wouldn't be the jets if they didn't draft players who don't fit their system, and way before they need to; and let the oline deteriorate. They have 2 competent pass blockers, that is if one can stay healthy and play like he did 4 years ago, and the other doesn't get his final neck injury before he hangs it up. after the 0-7 start his neck will be killing him.

that's ok though because rather than football players the jets are searching the globe for wrestlers, old rugby stars, track stars, personal trainers, and yoga instructors.

the only criteria is to have ridiculously tiny hands.

I want to be very clear:  That was not me, despite our common namesake.  I like the pick (at least for now).

27 minutes ago, slats said:

Can't help but picture you in your one room apartment smoking cigarettes, drinking Old Grandad, listening to Elliot Smith, checking Twitter, and sharing only those tweets that best reflect your overall outlook on life.  

I call it my Howard Hughes Blue Period.

31 minutes ago, slats said:

Also, can we open up the politics forum? I've got some ripe Gary Johnson tweets I'd like to share 

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

Peake and Anderson will make the 53..

If they both keep up what they're doing maybe, but all the Jets beat writers are saying both are a lock to be either on the roster or Practice squad, They think Peake will be the one whom is on the roster, just in case Decker or Marshall go down in a game the Jets will have another big bodied wide receiver to go out there.

24 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

If they both keep up what they're doing maybe, but all the Jets beat writers are saying both are a lock to be either on the roster or Practice squad, They think Peake will be the one whom is on the roster, just in case Decker or Marshall go down in a game the Jets will have another big bodied wide receiver to go out there.

Devin Smith could easily start the season on the IR, opening up a spot. 

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

It wasn't me.

The old Reggie Harding tactic. Always a good choice.

The futility of his later existence is best exemplified by the most famous Reggie Harding story. With no other marketable skills, Harding returned to petty larceny in his native Detroit. He walked into a neighborhood establishment (reports have it as either a liquor store or gas station) with a nylon mask over his head, brandishing a gun and demanding money. The clerk took one look at the 7-footer and reportedly said, “I know that’s you, Reggie,” to which Harding replied, “It ain’t me, man.”

19 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I think he can be a bit more positive. Besides, if Hackenberg becomes Suckenberg like Sanchez became Suck-chez, what have we really lost?

Sanchez took this team to 2 AFC Championship games too bad Rex Ryan cost us a Super Bowl appearance. 

seems to me like hackenberg might have the "accuracy" thing in his head a little bit and sails a few early on....but then as he just plays and thinks less he uncorks some nice passes. give this kid one seaosn to work on his mechanics and footwork and get acclimated to the league and i think he's going to be very good for this team.

Archived