OTAs May 25th Tweets

JETSfaninNE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Or, if he were a man, he'd say "Yes, it would be great. He's a good dude, excellent teammate, and would make a great backup to me"

You'd say that even if you were like everyone else and didn't believe it. 

Nothing Geno said/didnt say would have sat well with hatin'ass fans. The fact that the article was posted and at the bottom of the article the poster said "Glad he's turning it around and being a leader" shows you that what you're dealing with. 

14 minutes ago, ylekram said:

well, I fail to see the humor. while kerley probably was geno's most thrown to target, he still played the slot. as far as howard and breno. come on, howard was an adequate rt. breno whiffs on his block 5 times a game.since breno has been on the jets, you cant find one game where breno wasn't beaten like a drum multiple times. howards play= adequate starter. brenos play= adequate backup

Trust me, everyone seen the humor in that group of receivers. You can make excuses and explain it away with "Howard being adequate" which is just another way of calling him "decent", and continue on as much as you like. The 2013/2014 teams as a whole were utter trash. 

You may not be able to find Howard getting beat like a drum, but you can surely find it for Vlad Ducasse, Brian Winters, Willie Colon and D'Brick 

So what is your point here tonight? 

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There is nothing wrong with his delivery.  It's not loopy or too long.

he has his issues, his delivery was never one of them.  

Maybe I'm confusing his carelessness with the ball while he stares down a receiver then decides to throw too late with a very nice delivery.

so fine, his delivery isn't long or looping.

3 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Maybe I'm confusing his carelessness with the ball while he stares down a receiver then decides to throw too late with a very nice delivery.

so fine, his delivery isn't long or looping.

Geno Smith has never had a problem with continuously staring down receivers or even throwing late (just like he never had a problem with his delivery). Im not saying that he's never done it. But this isnt some m.o. of his. 

That's just talk from fans who dont like him. I'm posting up throws of Geno in every game of his career (currently up to week 7 of his rookie season) and I have yet to see this be a "problem" of his. 

Where you getting this from? 

43 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

I don't think so...Genos delivery on anything other than a shallow slant is too long. It's part of all those fumbles, too.

geno has impressed you? You like Genos delivery? 

Please show us a frame-by-frame breakdown.  I don't believe that there's one professional scouting report that says he has a long wind up.  Did they all miss it?

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno Smith has never had a problem with continuously staring down receivers or even throwing late (just like he never had a problem with his delivery). Im not saying that he's never done it. But this isnt some m.o. of his. 

That's just talk from fans who dont like him. I'm posting up throws of Geno in every game of his career (currently up to week 7 of his rookie season) and I have yet to see this be a "problem" of his. 

Never mind, Geno smith is the greatest QB of all time.  He has never done anything wrong.   Everything bad in his life has been someone else's fault.    

We we are all to stupid to see it.  You are all knowing.  How dare we challenge you. 

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Trust me, everyone seen the humor in that group of receivers. You can make excuses and explain it away with "Howard being adequate" which is just another way of calling him "decent", and continue on as much as you like. The 2013/2014 teams as a whole were utter trash. 

You may not be able to find Howard getting beat like a drum, but you can surely find it for Vlad Ducasse, Brian Winters, Willie Colon and D'Brick 

So what is your point here tonight? 

apparently, you think that you know my point. you think there is more to what I am saying. but there isn't. you made a list of terrible players that geno had to play with. I just pointed out that 2 of the players weren't terrible. that was my point. nothing more. nothing less

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

Never mind, Geno smith is the greatest QB of all time.  He has never done anything wrong.   Everything bad in his life has been someone else's fault.    

We we are all to stupid to see it.  You are all knowing.  How dare we challenge you. 

Whats Ryan Fitzpatricks deal 6 teams in 11 years what skeletons are in his closet besides the BIG CHOKE

5 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Nevermind then. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'm posting up throws of Geno in every game of his career (currently up to week 7 of his rookie season) and I have yet to see this be a "problem" of his. 

Ok, Ron Jaworski.  

Will you be on Mike and Mike tomorrow to talk about Geno's giant steps in OTA's?

7 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Or, if he were a man, he'd say "Yes, it would be great. He's a good dude, excellent teammate, and would make a great backup to me"

You'd say that even if you were like everyone else and didn't believe it. 

SMDH

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok, Ron Jaworski.  

Will you be on Mike and Mike tomorrow to talk about Geno's giant steps in OTA's?

I think Gailey's opinion is more qualified than yours n his. Geno haters are going through hell right now so I can understand the frustration. 

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I don't think so...Genos delivery on anything other than a shallow slant is too long. It's part of all those fumbles, too.

geno has impressed you? You like Genos delivery? 

Lol, you're a funny guy. 

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

No, we have Geno's worthless ass. Geno is so bad they offered a career journeyman 11 mill a year just so they didn't have to start Geno. 

Yeah and a career journeyman turned it down. I can't decide what's more pathetic. You believing jets offered 11mil or you believing a journeyman turned down 11 mil. 

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All he has to say is I want what's best for the team and I'll leave those decisions up to Coach and Mike. Period. I feel like all of these dudes need media training. It's not good. 

Or he could've said "I'm not part of those discussions. You should ask Mac". Oh wait, he did. Never mind. 

39 minutes ago, j4jets said:

SMDH

36 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I think Gailey's opinion is more qualified than yours n his. Geno haters are going through hell right now so I can understand the frustration. 

30 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Lol, you're a funny guy. 

27 minutes ago, j4jets said:

It's the only thing to discuss over. Would you rather talk about the '98 Jets?

21 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Yeah and a career journeyman turned it down. I can't decide what's more pathetic. You believing jets offered 11mil or you believing a journeyman turned down 11 mil. 

10 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Or he could've said "I'm not part of those discussions. You should ask Mac". Oh wait, he did. Never mind. 

these string of responses was quite necessary! 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That was 2013. Why does no one talk about 2014? Oh right. Because he was bad with good receivers and an improved o-line too. 

Lol, injured Decker, Nelson and Greg Salas were an excellent group of WRs. Oh yeah, how can we forget about the Percy Harvin? I think we can conclude Geno was really good when he had Decker n Percy (not the Percy he spent two practices with but the one he had after the benching). 

Good to hear Geno doing well, a bit disappointed with Petty, albeit very early.  I don't really care about the results as much in OTA, but I thought he would improve his mechanics, and would've loved to hear that he was using his feet much better this year.  I think footwork leads to much better accuracy, so kinda disconcerting to hear that he's all arm still.  

I wish Fitz would just sign somewhere else, so we could move on with our lives.  

13 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Right and his oline blows.  He basically has to have the ball out in 3 seconds or he's dead.

The fact that some posters have the testicular fortitude to compare Fitz with HOF Tom Brady is all you need to know how far off the mark of sanity many of us are out here!!!

TomBrady!!!

Come on now.   

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then why ask? 

I asked and answered. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Just like whining about everything someone does doesn't make you smart or right about a person or player.  

When will you run out of shlt to complain about?  

I don't whine about anything. Having strong opinions about certain players or decisions is all a part of being a fan, especially on a message board. I'm sorry you can't handle that and didn't know. The moose out front should have told you.

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

Link to that quote? I'd love to see you prove he said that. Please share when you find it. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe I'm blinded by dislike.

Or those 3 picks in the 1st quarter of the buffalo game. 

Ok, you've swayed me, his delivery is not a problem and he doesn't lock in on where he's throwing. Do you want him to be our starter? What has the film shown you?

2 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Fitztragic threw 2 picks to linebackers in a 3 minute span so there's something else geno is better at

Geno once threw picks on 3 consecutive drives. Maybe when he's pointing at linebackers, he's telling everyone who he's about to throw to.

12 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Yup, he seems like a real prick.

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Geno-Smith-Starts-7-Sunday-Heroes/80622a33-cf05-40f9-b3af-0501784ead1d

Geno Smith Starts '7 Sunday Heroes'
facebook@2x.png twitter@2x.png
AP_51531882702-geno-article.jpg

Quarterback Geno Smithicon-article-link.gif kicked off a new philanthropic program, which he calls "7 Sunday Heroes," at the Jets' season opener against the Browns. The program will craft a unique game experience during the Jets' seven Sunday home games for kids in need served by Boys and Girls Clubs and other youth development organizations.

The first of the seven memorable experiences was awarded to Khaaliq Smith after a recommendation from the Boys and Girls Clubs of Hudson County. Khaaliq, 15, has been a Boys and Girls Clubs of Hudson County kid for four years. A sophomore at Great Futures Charters High School for the Health Sciences and a varsity football player for Lincoln High School in Jersey City, Khaaliq has been grappling with the recent death of his father this past summer after an automobile accident.

Dania Diaz, managing director of philanthropy for Roc Nation, explained that when Smith said he wanted to offer young people a game experience they wouldn't otherwise have had, "we worked quickly with the exceptional community relations team at the Jets to make it happen."
"This program just means reaching out to families," Smith said this week. "I wanted to reach out to families that were in need, people who needed to be uplifted. Khaaliq and his mom came to the Browns game. And just having him at the game watching us play when we had a great victory, it uplifted his spirits. His mom sent an incredible note with pictures and everything."

"Today was the first day I saw my son's eyes without sadness since his father passed," said Shelia Smith, Khaaliq's mother. "This was an absolutely priceless moment to share with him."

Each Sunday Hero selected through the program will receive two tickets to a designated Jets home game, a special postgame meet-and-greet with Smith, club passes to the Chase Toyota Club, an autographed Geno Smith Jets jersey, and other Jets merchandise.

Diaz's team at Roc Nation's philanthropy department have already begun discussions with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Newark to select the next Sunday Hero for the Sept. 27 Jets-Eagles game.

"It's just a blessing to be able to give back, no matter what it is, who it is, how big or small," Smith said. "I think it's definitely worth it."

Picture taken seconds before kid realizes that it's geno smith.....................Then

hqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Fitztragic threw 2 picks to linebackers in a 3 minute span so there's something else geno is better at

Funny, yesterday you said that you think Geno can start becasue he is horribile and likely to get the Jets a top 5 draft pick. At least show some self respect with your trolling, your not even good at this.

Archived