Who Shows Up to Training Camp First

CrazyCarl40

Who Shows First?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who shows up to Training Camp First?

• Wilkerson
    • Fitzpatrick

24 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Simple poll. Different situations, but it doesn't seem likely either is in camp day 1. What does everyone think?

If Mo don't show they will have the money to sign Fitz..LOL I really think that both will show up for camp Fitz because no one else wants him and Mo loves his dough..:)

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wilkerson. He's not going to walk away from 15 million dollars. 

What does that have to do with training camp.   Sure he will be there for the regular season .( as you correctly alluded to, he isn't walking away from 15.7).   Training camp is a different situation.( how many players get hurt in training camp - he's looking to cash in Fa in 2017. ( he's going to be cautious till the season starts.( last year broken leg only drives that point home.

Neither.

I mean, I really don't see the Fitz situation getting resolved as time passes and Geno continues to show that he is ready to take on the starting QB role. Something drastic would have to happen with Fitz's demands, which is possible but I think would have happened by now if it were to happen at all. The other thing is, I believe the coaching staff realizes that they would have to hand Fitz the starting gig automatically if he were to re-sign, which makes less and less sense the more reps Geno takes and the more Geno continues to develop chemistry with his teammates. 

As far as Wilk- he has absolutely no reason to be in camp. He has to fully rehab his injured leg, he is the type of player that will still play well when the season starts if he misses all of training camp, and he wants to make a statement RE his contract- or lack there of.

So my answer is neither. Wilk will skip training camp but eventually sign the tag, Fitz will probably NOT be a Jet this year, and for the money, the TYPE of contract he is demanding, and Geno (who is getting paid peanuts) looking ready to take over, the Jets are probably better off without him.     

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

What does that have to do with training camp.   Sure he will be there for the regular season .( as you correctly alluded to, he isn't walking away from 15.7).   Training camp is a different situation.( how many players get hurt in training camp - he's looking to cash in Fa in 2017. ( he's going to be cautious till the season starts.( last year broken leg only drives that point home.

The fact that I only have two options (Wilk/Fitz) and I think its less likely that Wilk walks from 15 million than Fitz from a 3 year deal. 

Everything you're saying is true, but based on the question my answer is based on who I believe is more likely to walk away from their deals. Once you look at it that way then you'll understand my answer. 

Fitz has more of a deadline than Mo. At some point, the Jets can decide to just go with Geno and/or bring in another vet as a camp arm/insurance. Mo could wait until training camp is over if he wants. The Jets aren't pulling the franchise tag. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The fact that I only have two options (Wilk/Fitz) and I think its less likely that Wilk walks from 15 million than Fitz from a 3 year deal. 

Everything you're saying is true, but based on the question my answer is based on who I believe is more likely to walk away from their deals. Once you look at it that way then you'll understand my answer. 

Also Mo craves football more than Fitzpaycheck.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Fitz has more of a deadline than Mo. At some point, the Jets can decide to just go with Geno and/or bring in another vet as a camp arm/insurance. Mo could wait until training camp is over if he wants. The Jets aren't pulling the franchise tag. 

Totally agree.  At some point Macc is going to give Fitz/Sexton an ultimatum. (I'm hoping sooner vs. later)  Mo can take his time.  

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Hey - have you ever heard of this site - http://www.silverandblackpride.com/ ?

Fitz will be there for training camp.  He'll know he needs to really get going with the team as soon as he can.  If the Jets haven't folded by then he'll sign and play. There's a point where they'll have to start Geno if Fitz isn't there...

I think Wilkerson will hold out until the last minute.  He really doesn't need nearly as much prep work to play.  As long as he stays in shape he can walk in a week before the first game and be ready to start.

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The question was which player shows up to training camp first.    Wilkerson doesn't have to show up for training camp to eventually get 15.7 million.  ( as long as it by the start of the regular season).

Ryan Fitzpatrick is under more pressure than Wilkerson to get to training camp( eventually the Jets will move on from him) .   That happens and Ryan Fitzpatrick has no chance of showing up at training camp.  Muhammad Wilkerson would win by default. ( eventually going to come in.

Now if you tell me definitely Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to be back with the Jets, than he probably is the guy who is the first to show up to training camp.

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

The question was which player shows up to training camp first.    Wilkerson doesn't have to show up for training camp to eventually get 15.7 million.  ( as long as it by the start of the regular season).

Ryan Fitzpatrick is under more pressure than Wilkerson to get to training camp( eventually the Jets will move on from him) .   That happens and Ryan Fitzpatrick has no chance of showing up at training camp.  Muhammad Wilkerson would win by default. ( eventually going to come in.

Now if you tell me definitely Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to be back with the Jets, than he probably is the guy who is the first to show up to training camp.

I've explained myself. I dont really care for this breakdown of yours. 

You dont like my answer. Cool. 

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

So him skipping training camp makes him less likely to get hurt in the regular season?  

Mo seems to be the type of player who will show up to camp on time.  By then a new contract will either be done (unlikely) or won't be able to happen this year, so I imagine he'd show up for the purpose of his teammates more than anything else.  After all, this is the same guy who made a point of being in the building during OTAs even despite not having signed.

Plus, another thing to keep in mind is that, as great as Mo is, he's also at the deepest position on the team.  So while he would of course never get benched, if the Jets think they're looking great without Mo, there's a very real possibility his playing time can get seriously eaten into, more than any other point of his career.  If that were to happen, it would of course lead to less production and therefore potentially less money once he does hit FA.

You are not allowed to do this poll here without splitting the Fitz vote in half

pleas change Poll to read:

Who shows up to training camp first

A- Fitz before or on July 10th

B - Mo

C- Fitz after July 10th

On June 17, 2016 at 1:27 PM, The Crusher said:

So him skipping training camp makes him less likely to get hurt in the regular season?  

Where did I ever state that. ( or was the question of this thread) Yes that is distinct possibility of injury of players who miss a majority of training camp.  Not my 15.7 million on the line either, but what other course do the Jets have if he plans to miss most of training camp.   Untill he sign that franchise tender, the Jets can't do anything about him not showing up.

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Where did I ever state that. ( or was the question of this thread) Yes that is distinct possibility of injury of players who miss a majority of training camp.  Not my 15.7 million on the line either, but what other course do the Jets have if he plans to miss most of training camp.   Untill he sign that franchise tender, the Jets can't do anything about him not showing up.

He won't miss training camp because if he stays it's a contract year.  He will not risk injury.  I think so anyway.  

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He won't miss training camp because if he stays it's a contract year.  He will not risk injury.  I think so anyway.  

Jmo he will miss most of training camp for the reason that he isn't going to risk serious injury when he isn't getting paid. . Injuries can happen at any time,  but majority of the serious injuries usually  involve contact. ( not all the time) 

The holdout type of injury's are more the pulls and sprains that can last a whole season, but aren't the kind of injuries teams worry about investing big cash in a Fa.

Only way Muhammad Wilkerson doesn't get a big contract in 2017 is if he gets a major injury. ( he can have down year stats wise, but it won't effect him that much in Fa 

Fitz will show up first. Fitz might be mad about him not being able to get the kind of money he's asking for, but he will resign. He's not stupid, and because he's not stupid he knows that he's going to need time to gel with new teammates, practice routes, etc. Therefore, Fitz will need more time to work with Chan and the offense overall. Wilk will show up the week before the regular season starts and go to work...

If Wilk skips camp, he'll pull a hammy & the Jets will be paying him approx. 1 million dollars a game  to watch from the sideline. It's Jets Karma at work.

There is zero reason for Wilk to show up at camp without a contract.

He'll show up Sunday morning on opening day.

I think Wilkerson will be the bigger man and show up to camp early. Not day one but early. He has nothing to lose nor nothing to gain. A long term deal isn't going to be reached. I say he comes in and shows he's a class act and good teammate. 

I think Wilk will show up first simply for the fact that his contract is 15 Million + and it's all guaranteed. 

Mac played his cards perfectly with the Fitz situation. Honestly couldn't play them any better. However, one thing I dislike this far is how they did not set a deadline yet. The team cannot have this question mark throughout the entire off-season and have it linger into pre-season. It's not fair for the players or the coaches. 

Set a deadline and if they don't meet that deadline, then it's time to acquire another veteran or play ball with Geno ?

Archived