Brandon Marshall and Revis go at it.

slowmoe57

http://nyj.247sports.com/Bolt/Brandon-Marshall-punches-Darrelle-Revis-at-Jets-camp-46610769

Brandon Marshall punches Darrelle Revis at Jets camp

There was some unpleasantness on the sideline at Jets practice on Friday between two of their biggest stars.

Wide receiver Brandon Marshall and cornerback Darrelle Revis had to be separated by teammates after what began as a verbal spat escalated briefly into fisticuffs when Marshall threw a punch at the veteran, according to ESPN’s Rich Cimini.

The dispute was stopped by quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who put himself between the two seconds later, while wide receiverQuincy Enunwa had to physically remove Marshall from the area, picking him up and carrying him as far away as he could.

The skirmish began after some physical 1-on-1 drills during the afternoon, with Revis apparently getting the better of Marshall on a number of occasions on a variety of routes. Eventually, though, Marshall beat the defender on an 80 yard touchdown on a double move that tripped Revis up.

Revis did not retaliate against Marshall, instead standing back as Fitzpatrick and Enunwa handled their offensive teammate.

I think this is how it went down.  This isn't 100% sourced though but I guess Marshall spoke after practice.

Marshall says Revis punched him first.
"I can't let nobody slap me in the face." - Marshall
Marshall: "I caught a comeback and he took that personal. Said you won't disrespect me again. That's not OK. But it's done. That's football.
Brandon Marshall: Darrelle and I are super close...
Our real opponent is going to be Cincinnati and the guys after that... It's done.
Marshall: "There's a line, and I may have crossed it. I feel bad about cursing the ref. I should have never taken it out on the ref." (He was pissed the ref didn't throw a flag at Revis)
Marshall: "I love to practice against DR. I just felt like the way he handled things in 1 on 1s (taunting) was like you'd treat a rookie."
Marshall on Revis being back. "Oh yea, for sure he's back....He's the Darrelle of old."
Marshall says Revis is back... He's seeing everything amazingly, breaking up a lot of balls... This is the most competitive we've been.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

With marshalls track record, anything he does is a cause for concern.  

I agree, definitely raises some eyebrows IMO.

I know it's a training camp and tempers flair up,but I just hope Marshall is talking his medication.  Things can go south quick with him. 

This can only be positive for the young players on the team.

They're probably thinking, "Whoa...jeez..if these two are going at it, I better amp up my game.I better improve my attitude towards my profession if I want to be like either one of those two beasts."

9 minutes ago, rillo said:

I agree, definitely raises some eyebrows IMO.

I know it's a training camp and tempers flair up,but I just hope Marshall is talking his medication.  Things can go south quick with him. 

Good point. Scary point, too. Marshall has been so good on and off the field, I kinda forgot about his history.

I think his interview after the fact should alleviate those fears, though.

This is good....anybody making a big deal about it or thinking its something to worry about doesn't know football all that well....sh*t gets heated sometimes...no big deal. i like it....and whats cool is that Bowles liked it.  2 all pro players going at it.  Nothing wrong with that (besides the swinging aspect....helmets break hands :-/...but thankfully they aren't hurt so we good) 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Funny that you're hearing a lot of talk coming from Marshall but not much coming from Revis. Now who do you think is tougher? 

Revis is an all time great and a cool customer while Marshall is an emotional wreck with something to prove.  It isn'tabout who's tougher. You won't find a tougher wr than marshall. 

Either way,  these guys are showing everyone in camp that practice matters and to play all out. 

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Revis is an all time great and a cool customer while Marshall is an emotional wreck with something to prove.  It isn'tabout who's tougher. You won't find a tougher wr than marshall. 

Either way,  these guys are showing everyone in camp that practice matters and to play all out. 

It's not just physical strength. Marshall has that over Revis easily. But Revis is mentally his superior. And it's not even close.

2 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Of course ESPN and the Daily News will blow this completely out of proportion for weekend fluff.

cimini did his longest piece of the summer on it, and brought up bmarsh's past, lol

Archived