Amaro

k-met57

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if a guy doesn't have a true position in the offense, doesn't block, can barely catch, and doesn't really help on specials, 

how exactly does this player make the team? 

over tall/fast WR like Peake, Anderson who are playing their asses off? Over Jalin Marshall/Jeremy Ross one of which will be returning kicks and punts? Over tough guy Tommy Bo who is more of an H back than Amaro ever will be. 

Amaro doesn't help this team much in 2016. 

Sure we could say the same about Christian Hackenberg but these guys are invested in that pick. They will fight for their picks.

Mac doesn't care about Idzik's picks. Or his plan for the future. Who exactly is going to stand up and say Jace Amaro has to make this team? 

Honestly, I'd rather the team keep 4 QB or 7 WR than the normal 3 TE. The TE had 8 catches last year and the reason is not because Amaro is hurt. Chan Gailey doesn't care unless it's Tony G and he's forced to care. Otherwise it's multiple WR all day long.   

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

if a guy doesn't have a true position in the offense, doesn't block, can barely catch, and doesn't really help on specials, 

how exactly does this player make the team? 

over tall/fast WR like Peake, Anderson who are playing their asses off? Over Jalin Marshall/Jeremy Ross one of which will be returning kicks and punts? Over tough guy Tommy Bo who is more of an H back than Amaro ever will be. 

Amaro doesn't help this team much in 2016. 

Sure we could say the same about Christian Hackenberg but these guys are invested in that pick. They will fight for their picks.

Mac doesn't care about Idzik's picks. Or his plan for the future. Who exactly is going to stand up and say Jace Amaro has to make this team? 

Honestly, I'd rather the team keep 4 QB or 7 WR than the normal 3 TE. The TE had 8 catches last year and the reason is not because Amaro is hurt. Chan Gailey doesn't care unless it's Tony G and he's forced to care. Otherwise it's multiple WR all day long.   

That's true.  And Enunwa can do what Amaro does and he's a better blocker, despite being 25 pounds lighter.

On 8/20/2016 at 6:41 PM, SickJetFan said:

Chan gaily seems to disagree

I don't care if he agrees. Davis blows. You can watch him miss blocks, get run over, and around, and 6 catches in the last 3 years speaks for itself.

Amaro caught 10 balls per game in 2013, and I'm pretty sure the college ball is similar. He also caught 70% of his targets in his rookie year. 

I we had anyone that could block, catch, and get open Amaro may be out of chances, but he will get at least one more because he is the only TE size player that can run and get open on the team. His blocking seems improved although we haven't really run very much.

We need to try to get him out of this funk or TE is going to be a wasted position again this year. 

Anyone of you guys that wants him cut better be hoping a team releases a quality TE that clears waivers to us, and can learn a new system in a couple weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On August 13, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Jet Nut said:

Wow, the QB talked highly of one of his players.  I'm sure they like him, far cry from they love him or always have. 

Amaro isn't keeping the bench warm, he'll have more receptions than Enunwa when all is said and done

On August 12, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Jet Nut said:

That's nice but I don't ever remember that be the word on him. 

Or that Enunway is e exact opposite.  Or even that they love him.  

Like I told you, bruh, the Jets don't like and have never liked Amaro.  Sometimes you just gotta listen.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Amaro had terrible hands and proved to be completely soft as a blocker and with the ball in his hands. How many tight ends do you see get tackled by cornerbacks on first contact EVERY TIME?

We're better off without him.

He's awful.  This is going to come back to bite the Jets as much as releasing Stephen Hill has.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

What exactly can he play?  Are you telling me that the Jets, a team that has absolute sh*t at TE, let a young TE who can play go?

Didn't utilize him.  I don't think they want to use the TE But over 2 scrub RBs?  Come on

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm pretty surprised he played OK as a rookie with a terrible QB why doesn't the "no weaponz" argument work in reverse? Cest la vie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly can, but the number of drops and fumbles are what did him in along with injurys.

4 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Like I told you, bruh, the Jets don't like and have never liked Amaro.  Sometimes you just gotta listen.

Got me here, I tip my hat to you.  I misread the who Amaro situation.  Thought they would want to see him with Fitz.  Guess they couldn't live with blocking deficiencies.  

But again, good call

he sucked something awful -another swing and miss by our gms-as i said before fans many times for some reason can see things guys that get paid to do this for a living dont

next to leave millner who should have never been drafted due to his college history of being hurt

d smith another bust -yes some will say too early blah blah blah he sucks-one trick pony-our next stephen hill

this years bust will be hackenburg

our gm has done very good in FA signings and is MUCH better than izadick but his drafts have not set the world on fire

Archived