Broncos getting tired of Sanchez mistakes

AFJF

Heard Denver sideline reporter talking Broncos on Sirius yesterday and said he thinks Sanchez will get the starting nod based on experience, but CS is getting tired of watching him look good for a bit before repeating same mistakes over and over again.  Also said he wouldn't be shocked if Sanchez has a short leash if he is named starter.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why people saying the Broncos will pick up right where they left off last year are mistaken.  Sanchez isn't a "game manager".  He's a gunslinger who doesn't throw TD's.  Even if you limit his # of throws in a game to about 20, he'll still find a way to turn it over in backbreaking fashion.

And as bad as Peyton Manning was last year, he still had the ability to manage an offense and help make the running game strong.  Sanchez has no ability to do that.  They were still correct not to pay Osweiler, but this year is going to be brutal for Denver until Paxton Lynch comes along.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Heard Denver sideline reporter talking Broncos on Sirius yesterday and said he thinks Sanchez will get the starting nod based on experience, but CS is getting tired of watching him look good for a bit before repeating same mistakes over and over again.  Also said he wouldn't be shocked if Sanchez has a short leash if he is named starter.

This is exactly what we saw out of Sanchez from day one, but was a reason for legitimate optimism, given that it's a fairly regular occurrence among rookie QBs and is considered the main area of improvement you can expect to see from QBs over the course of their careers: consistency.  7 years later and absolutely nothing has changed for Sanchez.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

cant believe the media is out to get Sanzhez too when will he get a fair shot I mean really

Weaponzzz, bad head coachezzz, and it's not his fault he sucks and his team doesn't like him and wants to break his jaw. It's the media yo.

You're just being a hater. 

That's a fact.

I still believe the Sanchez led Broncos will find much success. His outstanding footwork and ball handling will prove valuable in kubiaks scheme.

With that said, jeez, Mark, start learning from your mistakes!!! Why are so many people from California a bunch of flaky, surfer, stoner types?

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This is exactly what we saw out of Sanchez from day one, but was a reason for legitimate optimism, given that it's a fairly regular occurrence among rookie QBs and is considered the main area of improvement you can expect to see from QBs over the course of their careers: consistency.  7 years later and absolutely nothing has changed for Sanchez.

Funny thing is even when he falls flat on his face throwing to DT, Sanders and handing off to CJ Anderson, and despite a great defense that gives him short fields, some people will still find ways to make excuses for him.  He's in the absolutely perfect situation for a QB and will still lose his job to that Semen guy. 

9 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

With that said, jeez, Mark, start learning from your mistakes!!! Why are so many people from California a bunch of flaky, surfer, stoner types?

Remember that time when Sanchez said his plan for reducing turnovers was to "just stop"?  How's that working out?

i think the afc is wide open this year.  the broncos have no qb.  the pats don't have brady for 4 games, and their talent level besides brady and gronk is not elite.  texans could be good but osweiler is an unknown and watt is not healthy.  bengals always choke, steelers have crappy d.  if the jets can get off to even a decent start they really have a shot, moreso than last year.  the speed upgrade along with presumably better special teams could make them real contenders....but i'm clearly getting carried away.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the afc is wide open this year.  the broncos have no qb.  the pats don't have brady for 4 games, and their talent level besides brady and gronk is not elite.  texans could be good but osweiler is an unknown and watt is not healthy.  bengals always choke, steelers have crappy d.  if the jets can get off to even a decent start they really have a shot, moreso than last year.  the speed upgrade along with presumably better special teams could make them real contenders....but i'm clearly getting carried away.

I got carried away once, I think it was the Megadeth/Judas Preist show.

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Hey the Giants went 10-6 and 9-7 won Bowls beating the 16-0 and 13-3 Pats with Eli going 23 tds and 20 picks in 07 and a better 29-16 in the 9-7 year.. Last years Bowl winning Bronco Qb's threw 19 tds and 23 picks and won with Defense, could the Jets have a elite D and a better then avg Offense?? That's why they play the games ;)

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Depends on how the competition cracks. Seems like we are getting some early breaks in the first two weeks with opponents suffering injuries and suspensions in keys spots of their offenses and defenses. Now the same could happen to us but I do like the amount of depth we have everywhere besides qb and o-line.

It is not crazy to think our defense will be even better than last year. Richardson is only missing 1 game instead of 4, Leo is no longer a rookie and is looking like he will become a monster. LB's are young and athletic with a lot of promise, and better yet are mixed with a talented diverse group of vets to support them. Revis is determined to have a good year and that man is a professionals pro, he will be dominate again this year. We have tons of young talent in the backfield in their second year of TB system. I love Pryor's trajectory, and working with an future HOF like Revis should only speed up his progress.

Forte and Powell could be a better tandem for the offense we run ( add in Robinson for goal line situations and our rb group looks as solid as it ever has). Enunwa seems to be progressing nicely and seems to catch the ball better, young wr's like J Marshall and Peake can be the 4th and 5 option that defenses will have a hard time covering with safetys and backup db's. TE's are a huge questions mark but Amaro showed in his rookie campaign that he can be a redzone threat and a huge mismatch for smaller corners/lb's and safetys. Don't forget we have a slimmed down Marshall as well as Decker with the  Fitz connection. They have great chemistry that should improve this year over last. 

If we can take advantage of that and come out of that horrid 6 game opening stretch with a winning record we could contend for the east and get a home playoff game. Just have to play up to our teams talent potential.

by all accounts he has had a good camp and he had a good first game, he had an INT but it was a tipped one on a great play by the defense.  w/ that said they want Lynch to start as soon as possible, when he does earn the starting job he needs to play well- he needs to play like 2010 or 2014 or he will be sitting.  either way he gives them better QB play than what they had last year, the question is if the D will be as good w/ all the changes they made.

36 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wow, that should just like Geno.  Must be the fluoride in the NY water 

That's why it never made sense to me that the Jets drafted Geno Smith, who was basically a carbon copy of Mark Sanchez in the mind numbing mistakes department. Physical tools be damned, these guys just can't get out of their own way.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

by all accounts he has had a good camp and he had a good first game, he had an INT but it was a tipped one on a great play by the defense.  w/ that said they want Lynch to start as soon as possible, when he does earn the starting job he needs to play well- he needs to play like 2010 or 2014 or he will be sitting.  either way he gives them better QB play than what they had last year, the question is if the D will be as good w/ all the changes they made.

If they want Lynch to start why are both Sanchez and Sieman ahead of him on the depth chart

Sanchez will start most if not all the season

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's why it never made sense to me that the Jets drafted Geno Smith, who was basically a carbon copy of Mark Sanchez in the mind numbing mistakes department. Physical tools be damned, these guys just can't get out of their own way.

Geno was the highest rated qb that year until he acted like an idiot at the interviews and EJ Manuel skipped over him so it was perceived as a bargain when he fell to us in rd 2

I wanted Glennon. Still do

45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

cant believe the media is out to get Sanzhez too when will he get a fair shot I mean really

Gary Boobiak is in way over his head, never won anything of consequence in his career so now hes throwing Mark under the bus to save himself SMDH

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They drafted a QB who threw for over 4200 yards with 42 TDs and 6 INTs his senior year.  He wasn't a mind numbing turnover machine.  Sometimes you make a pick and their game doesn't elevate to NFL or better levels.  

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

If they want Lynch to start why are both Sanchez and Sieman ahead of him on the depth chart

Sanchez will start most if not all the season

they don't want to geno Lynch, he will play when he is ready which I would assume will be at some point this season unless Sanchez or Simien play really well when they get their chance.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They drafted a QB who threw for over 4200 yards with 42 TDs and 6 INTs his senior year.  He wasn't a mind numbing turnover machine.  Sometimes you make a pick and their game doesn't elevate to NFL or better levels.  

Vince Young and Ryan Leaf both threw 11 int's their last years in college how did they turn out?

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they don't want to geno Lynch, he will play when he is ready which I would assume will be at some point this season unless Sanchez or Simien play really well when they get their chance.

Sanchez will be fine.  He has an excellent supporting cast and can actually throw unlike Peyton last season

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why people saying the Broncos will pick up right where they left off last year are mistaken.  Sanchez isn't a "game manager".  He's a gunslinger who doesn't throw TD's.  Even if you limit his # of throws in a game to about 20, he'll still find a way to turn it over in backbreaking fashion.

And as bad as Peyton Manning was last year, he still had the ability to manage an offense and help make the running game strong.  Sanchez has no ability to do that.  They were still correct not to pay Osweiler, but this year is going to be brutal for Denver until Paxton Lynch comes along.

If Osweiler doesnt beat the Pats they dont get homefield and they probably dont go on to the SB. 

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Sanchez will be fine.  He has an excellent supporting cast and can actually throw unlike Peyton last season

Exactly. People forget that Sanchez was "good enough" to get to 2 AFC championship games when surrouded by a good supporting case. Denver has better talent than those Jets teams did so they should be fine with Sanchez. He isn't going to make them better, but he is good enough to win 10 games. 

9 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. People forget that Sanchez was "good enough" to get to 2 AFC championship games when surrouded by a good supporting case. Denver has better talent than those Jets teams did so they should be fine with Sanchez. He isn't going to make them better, but he is good enough to win 10 games. 

lol he still sucked with a great supporting cast.  Year 7 of his career and nothing has changed.  Sure, he is in superb physical shape compared to Peyton, but all that means is the throws he'll be making will be perfect spirals to the wrong team.

9 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I agree but they want that young guy to play and Mark does make mistakes.  he's a good QB when he has talent around him and I think their O will be a lot better w/ him but they will be itching to start the young guy.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think if they make Sanchez a game manager they could have some success and get production out of him. If they give him the full reins like Schotty did in 2011 he will drive Elway crazy. When Denver decided to spend their money on D over O and go with a low cost Qb in 2016 they were admitting that their team like last season is D based. But if the O makes mistakes and turns over the ball it will lead to Ls. Mark imo is his own worst enemy. The more success he has the more mistakes he makes. He leads a drive and makes good plays and then turns the ball over in the red zone. How many times have we seen that. It's maddening!  Look, Mark has the talent to be an NFL Qb but not a complete Qb. You do not open it up with a guy like Sanchez. 

29 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Hey the Giants went 10-6 and 9-7 won Bowls beating the 16-0 and 13-3 Pats with Eli going 23 tds and 20 picks in 07 and a better 29-16 in the 9-7 year.. Last years Bowl winning Bronco Qb's threw 19 tds and 23 picks and won with Defense, could the Jets have a elite D and a better then avg Offense?? That's why they play the games ;)

Are you suggesting that they play to win the game?

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

As more and more time  passes, it becomes increasingly hard to believe we actually got to two AFCCG's with Sanchez. In his rookie and 2nd year to boot.  Not sure how they managed it, seems like a mirage now 

Archived