What happens to Fitz if the Jets win the Super Bowl?

bergenjets

13 hours ago, bergenjets said:

Should the Jets sell the farm to resign him or stick with the assumed (by me) plan of going into 2017 with Hack, Petty and some still unknown vet?

In doing the former, they would get one more shot in 2017 before losing the current core of the offense. In doing the latter, they could possibly "Ozzie Newsome" the team and go into immediate rebuild mode, considering the age of many starters and the instability at QB.

A man can dream...

He retires and becomes Governor of the State of NY in a landslide . 4  yrs later, he's a Presidential candidate  taking a huge pay cut .

14 hours ago, bergenjets said:

Should the Jets sell the farm to resign him or stick with the assumed (by me) plan of going into 2017 with Hack, Petty and some still unknown vet?

In doing the former, they would get one more shot in 2017 before losing the current core of the offense. In doing the latter, they could possibly "Ozzie Newsome" the team and go into immediate rebuild mode, considering the age of many starters and the instability at QB.

A man can dream...

Lets change this thread to what happens if SPCPA gets to sleep with Mila Kunis. About the same possibility as Fitz winning a superbowl.

A man can dream... :)

Cut him when he asks for a raise & use the savings to upgrade the offensive line in free agency & the 2017 draft!

Dudes old & average, lighting never strikes twice in the same place. Denver won the Super Bowl with a broken down Payton Manning, do you really think Elway wanted him to stay & pay him 25 million?

If Fitz pulls a Gannon, we can worry about the "what happens next" afterwards.

Personally, I would see him resigned for big money here, money he doubtless would not live up to in his quality of play in years after his title run.

And he would IMO remain one of the most divisive Jets QB's in our history, with many for years after that he was carried, didn't earn it, sucks, etc.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Personally, I would see him resigned for big money here, money he doubtless would not live up to in his quality of play in years after his title run.

And he would IMO remain one of the most divisive Jets QB's in our history, with many for years after that he was carried, didn't earn it, sucks, etc.

if he pulls a Gannon that is a great problem to have.  Gannon was the best QB in the league fir a few years.  

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

if he pulls a Gannon that is a great problem to have.  Gannon was the best QB in the league fir a few years.  

Those were some lean QB years though. After Montana, Marino, Kelly etc., and before Peyton, and Brady got really good. 

Gannon never threw for 30 TDs.

I believe Pennington led the league in passer rating one of those years. 

11 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Those were some lean QB years though. After Montana, Marino, Kelly etc., and before Peyton, and Brady got really good. 

Gannon never threw for 30 TDs.

I believe Pennington led the league in passer rating one of those years. 

that was Peyton entering his prime, Favre in his prime, Brady ascending.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I sometimes wonder, could we be so lucky that Fitz does actually pull a Gannon :)  I say yes he can and I'll explain what you probably already know anyway/

If we look at last year and then look at what we added in the off season its not that far fetched.

When Powell got healthy in games 12-16 Fitz had 13 TD's and 1 Int with a 105 Qb rating during that stretch. Reason for that IMHO was he finally had a check down option and didn't have to force the ball to heavily covered  WR's damn near every play.

Keeping that in perspective, with teams knowing he had little options they obviously covered our Wide outs, but now not only do we have 3 RB's that can actually catch the football but we have a big TE and two young WR's making a huge splash in camp which will help with our 4 and 5 wide sets. Fitz only threw 1 Int in the redzone last year, now he could possibly have Marshall, Decker, Peake, and Amaro all big physical Receivers that will be very tough to cover in the redzone not to mention RB's who can make it happen down there as well. That's not even mentioning Jalin Marshall and Quincy Enunwa. There is a good chance we could have a very effective rotation of WR's at our disposal keeping them all fresh and that's going to be huge.

I'm not sure if this team has ever had this many quality WR's and its  going to be very hard for teams to keep up with that especially teams without much depth in the secondary.

The player I'm most excited about just after watching him a few times is Peake I think he's going to be a monster and will be the guy who steps in full time when Brandon or Decker hang it up or if one of then gets nicked up. I like Jalin as well but right now I see him playing more out of the slot possibly spelling Quincy at times and also playing a big part in the return game. The depth here is IMO the best in the NFL by far. God what a difference a few years make. Macc has truly been masterful in building this roster.

Make no mistake this team is stacked both on offense and defense if we have any weakness at all its the OL but with the type of offense we run and a smart QB who gets the ball out quick we can nullify that. The key will be how they block in the running game more than pass protection

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I sometimes wonder, could we be so lucky that Fitz does actually pull a Gannon :)  I say yes he can and I'll explain what you probably already know anyway/

If we look at last year and then look at what we added in the off season its not that far fetched.

When Powell got healthy in games 12-16 Fitz had 13 TD's and 1 Int with a 105 Qb rating during that stretch. Reason for that IMHO was he finally had a check down option and didn't have to force the ball to heavily covered  WR's damn near every play.

Keeping that in perspective, with teams knowing he had little options they obviously covered our Wide outs, but now not only do we have 3 RB's that can actually catch the football but we have a big TE and two young WR's making a huge splash in camp which will help with our 4 and 5 wide sets. Fitz only threw 1 Int in the redzone last year, now he could possibly have Marshall, Decker, Peake, and Amaro all big physical Receivers that will be very tough to cover in the redzone not to mention RB's who can make it happen down there as well. That's not even mentioning Jalin Marshall and Quincy Enunwa. There is a good chance we could have a very effective rotation of WR's at our disposal keeping them all fresh and that's going to be huge.

I'm not sure if this team has ever had this many quality WR's and its  going to be very hard for teams to keep up with that especially teams without much depth in the secondary.

The player I'm most excited about just after watching him a few times is Peake I think he's going to be a monster and will be the guy who steps in full time when Brandon or Decker hang it up or if one of then gets nicked up. I like Jalin as well but right now I see him playing more out of the slot possibly spelling Quincy at times and also playing a big part in the return game. The depth here is IMO the best in the NFL by far. God what a difference a few years make. Macc has truly been masterful in building this roster.

Make no mistake this team is stacked both on offense and defense if we have any weakness at all its the OL but with the type of offense we run and a smart QB who gets the ball out quick we can nullify that. The key will be how they block in the running game more than pass protection

I hear what you are sayin

Im pickin up what you are putting down

Lol jets fans already saying the QB doesn't deserve big money should he win the Super bowl this year. In. The. Preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived