Mike and Mike playoff predictions

kevinc855

11 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

We made fun of SAR but he really has a point. I don't think we will be eliminated with a 1-1 start but if we go 2-0 our playoff chances will be very very decent. If we go 0-2, I don't think we will be able to recover rest of the way. 

We made fun of SAR because those statements apply to about 90 percent of the teams in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

We made fun of SAR but he really has a point. I don't think we will be eliminated with a 1-1 start but if we go 2-0 our playoff chances will be very very decent. If we go 0-2, I don't think we will be able to recover rest of the way. 

Bingo.

Responded to your post here:

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What is with everyone and their dog loving Pittsburgh this year?  Half the 'experts' I've heard over the last while has them going to the super bowl.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets were 11-5 or 5-11 this year.

I noticed that too.  It's not that Pittsburg is a bad team...but it seems like virtually everyone has them as the best team in the AFC.  They honestly weren't all that impressive to me last year.

3 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

No it doesn't make sense.  The playoffs aren't a lock at 2-0 anymore than the ridiculous idea that 0-2 means the season is over.  

You don't lose every game where you are the underdog anymore than you win every game where  you're the favorite.  Since when did sports get this simple

2-0 is only necessary if we think the best we can do weeks 3-6 is 1-3.

To me the real goal is to go at least 3-3 in the first 6 games -- but the first two aren't that vital. If the Bengals end up being substantially better than the Chiefs, for instance, I think we'll survive losing Week 1 -- we'll just have to win at Arrowhead.

Weeks 5 and 6 might be the two toughest of the season, so I'd love to be at least 2-2 entering those games.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

One of the other two on Mike and Mike this morning (sorry, can't remember his name) picked the Jets to go to the Super Bowl..

Phil Sims mentioned the Jets as a surprise SB team.  Though admittedly he is reaching the age when mental disorders become pretty common.

The Jets are not going to playoffs if they lose to Buffalo next week.  

If they lose to Buffalo next week, they would not deserve to go to the playoffs.

Cincinnati is a toss up, but if they can actually beat them, I think that is a sign that this is a playoff caliber team.  If they lose, I would not say they are out of it, but it will be a sign that they will have a tough time with other good teams, particularly those in the AFC North.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesn't make sense.  The playoffs aren't a lock at 2-0 anymore than the ridiculous idea that 0-2 means the season is over.  

You don't lose every game where you are the underdog anymore than you win every game where  you're the favorite.  Since when did sports get this simple

It's not that 2-0 gets us into the playoffs.  It's that anything but 2-0 will prevent this particular Jets team with this particular schedule from the playoffs.

A funny thing happens when a good team with high expectations opens 1-7.  They quit.

SAR I

2 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets are not going to playoffs if they lose to Buffalo next week.  

If they lose to Buffalo next week, they would not deserve to go to the playoffs.

Cincinnati is a toss up, but if they can actually beat them, I think that is a sign that this is a playoff caliber team.  If they lose, I would not say they are out of it, but it will be a sign that they will have a tough time with other good teams, particularly those in the AFC North.

Wow the Jets Bills game is just a week from today. So much Jets Football in the next 7 days!! Beer me!!!

Archived